00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DegasTyson54 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,784,791 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-16 03:37:12

ive binged every drug and for me WoW is harder to kick

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-16 11:59:42

My first live set

Practiced, and most importantly, prepared the gear.
I'm ready. (Yes, I'll be recording it, and hopefully my classmate will take some pics as well)
Pic of gear prepared.

REPRESENT

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-16 12:13:55

At 4/16/10 11:59 AM, Mich wrote: My first live set

Practiced, and most importantly, prepared the gear.
I'm ready. (Yes, I'll be recording it, and hopefully my classmate will take some pics as well)
Pic of gear prepared.
REPRESENT

What kind of gear is that? lol ;)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-16 12:28:22

At 4/16/10 12:13 PM, Sealander wrote: What kind of gear is that? lol ;)

My laptop, silly. My controller was already packed at that point.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-16 14:46:47

At 4/16/10 02:40 PM, LaForge wrote: I still don't understand how electronica artists do live sets. Hit the space bar and sit back?

Concept of live djing/mixing is that the songs basically cut the intro/outro and you manage constant chorus. This is no hard rule, just this is what people usually do.

You can do neat things to like mix one songs percussion/bass with another songs pads/lead, creating sort of 'new' pieces. Toss in some cross fade at various songs buildups and your set to be a hit DJ.

Most Dj's are effectively profesional hit 'play' button artists. Some though pley keys and use samplers while doing other things. Next time someones doing a liveset from NG on stickam or something you should hop in.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-16 18:35:15

At 4/16/10 02:40 PM, LaForge wrote: I still don't understand how electronica artists do live sets. Hit the space bar and sit back?

No of course not... You hit the space bar then make it look like your doing something important/complicated while it play.

Duuuuh.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-16 21:05:21

controllerism ftw

also, djs

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-16 22:16:29

Thats exactly what the guys I know who like rock would say. ( But in a way thats more, yes, all they do is push play ). As a fact.

It drives me nuts.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-16 23:08:34

At 4/16/10 10:51 PM, LaForge wrote: Not sure what you mean. In "Rock", there are guitarists and drummers and singers. You don't just hit "play" and let the song do it's thing, you've got to actively participate.

He means that it would be typical for someone who "actively participates" in making music to scoff at people who (to the untrained eye) simply play premade tunes from a computer and call it live music.

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-16 23:39:46

At 4/16/10 10:16 PM, Sealander wrote:
Thats exactly what the guys I know who like rock would say. ( But in a way thats more, yes, all they do is push play ). As a fact.

It drives me nuts.

Inverse is applicable too though. Them rock guys often just play covers.

The real problem is the pushplay DJ's playing other peoples music.

Scorn them.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-16 23:54:46

At 4/16/10 11:37 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 4/16/10 11:08 PM, Stupor wrote:
He means that it would be typical for someone who "actively participates" in making music to scoff at people who (to the untrained eye) simply play premade tunes from a computer and call it live music.
Well if that's the case, my eye is untrained, because when I see electronic music played live, I just see the dj holding one earphone monitor up to his head and headbanging.

Your just at a bad angle from the DJ, thats all.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-17 11:59:10

He's holding that earphone up there so he can pre-listen to the track he's mixing in. You have to match tempo's and sync the beats by hand, which is pretty hard if you're new to it all, since 2 seperate beats can mash up your head. Hence why some Drum & Bass Dj's are legends, like Teebee and Andy C.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-17 14:55:09

At 4/17/10 12:27 PM, Chronamut wrote: if you can think it up it probably happened.

You played Final fantasy all night with this person?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-17 15:11:30

At 4/17/10 12:27 PM, Chronamut wrote: if you can think it up it probably happened.

Helped him with income taxes?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-17 15:32:49

If you honestly think a DJ is just pushing play and doing nothing then your very ignorant. ( though I realize some crappy DJ's do this, the majority don't) Go on youtube and watch a video of a DJ close up.

Then you will realize it's not so easy..

Check out my new song ''Open the Eyes Of My Heart Lord''

3rd place in the weekly 5!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-17 16:41:14

At 4/17/10 03:11 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote:

read him a bedtime story?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-18 06:38:38

London

Going to London tomorrow! :D
I'll be leaving at 05:45 AM tomorrow and I'll be in Holland again around 9 PM on Friday.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-18 06:43:55

At 4/18/10 06:38 AM, Mussirus wrote: London

I'll be leaving at 05:45 AM tomorrow and I'll be in Holland again around 9 PM on Friday.

by boat?

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-18 06:53:33

At 4/18/10 06:43 AM, Rucklo wrote:
At 4/18/10 06:38 AM, Mussirus wrote: London

by boat?

Yep.
It's a school trip and there are people who were going to Ireland by plane.. but i don't think they will go. I wanted to go to Ireland at first too and London was my second choice, but i was too late so now i'm going to London.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-18 20:33:02

At 4/18/10 12:55 PM, Chronamut wrote: half the mods have agreed not to lock it.. cuz they love bears too :P

bear

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-18 21:49:08

At 4/18/10 08:33 PM, Prodigal wrote: bear

Holy shit, Prodigal posted

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-19 00:57:19

DJ Set

My opinion is that some DJs can manage interesting mixes but at the end of the day all a good DJ is doing is beat matching and cross fading. It's a minimum wage job with benefits. My main problem with DJs is that I have yet to meet one decent fucking person among em. There are so many shitty DJs out there that the entire fucking scene is a fat fucking joke. I guess that's what I get for not living near a city but if I meet one more youngster who thinks they can get away with calling themselves DJs after another set of standing behind expensive equipment while doing nothing I'll fucking vomit.

I've been working on a DJ set recently straight out of Reason. Works pretty well actually. I can solo tracks, set loops, cross fade, change bpm for beat matching and if I get really bored, plug in a keyboard and jam along side tracks. Does this make me awesome? Hell no. But at least I can say I'm doing something :/

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-19 04:01:29

DJin stuff.

I s'pose I could add a lot to the subject lol. I definitely do a lot more behind the decks than your average Ipod-wielding, crossfader-slammin club rat... but it's constantly a work in progress.

First off, I don't do this whole... beatmatch a song, stick it to the end of the previous song, ok we're good... thing.

Gotta mash. Next big thing I want is to expand my setup to run 4 decks simultaneously so I can not only keep a solid mashup going (as in... mix a third track in when I've got two already blended in an end-to-end mix)... but also to be more able to pull live samples from things.

Add into that a bit of creative looping, picking melodies out of songs and bringing em in and out, jumping cue poings, bending pitches, using a good bit of effects... hell.. just can't let anything limit you! One of the things I get complimented on most when I spin for places is how I don't let genres or bpm differences keep me from mixing crazy things together.

Anyway though... yeah... I s'pose I should start doing internet shows a bit more often for yous guys. ;D

On that note though, I'll probably be playing for a weekly online radio bit in St. Louis when I'm up there Thursday... I'll make sure to link you guys up before it happens.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-19 16:30:57

Aghh, these damn lights are so annoying.

Speed Beast 2 ! <-- If you have a listen..leave a review.

PFTBD's AUDIO

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-19 19:44:59

Hey guys look I have cool stats 'round my audio.
To get these too (and on flash too for that matter), do this.

Get this, this, and then this.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-19 19:47:49

Hey! I live in St. Louis! What station!

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-19 20:08:15

Here's the site I'll be on. Just an internet radio broadcast, not FM or anything lol. However, that also means that everyone can listen in. I'll be on Nocturnal Transmissions this Thursday... show starts at 8PM Central time (9PM NG/EST), but I have no idea specifically when I'll be on.

http://www.electrolouis.com/

But hey! You live relatively close then. You should try to make it out for a show sometime. We throw some crazy sick parties down in Springfield. This Saturday we're bringin in DJ Ready and B Massive for an all-night foam party here in town.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-19 20:23:57

At 4/19/10 07:44 PM, Mich wrote: Hey guys look I have cool stats 'round my audio.
To get these too (and on flash too for that matter), do this.

Get this, this, and then this.

just want to say to everyone, since there seems to be a small missprint with his code, when you get everything set up, you may realize the addon isnt working, follow these steps

1.bottom right corner, rightclick the monkey, manage user scripts

2.click on either flash or audio, then edit

3. add a slash ( / ) to the END of the url, then it should all work a-okay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-19 20:24:03

I'll see what I can do sometime this summer! I'd love to come check out a live set!

Gran Turismo 5.

That is all.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-19 23:11:38

At 4/19/10 08:23 PM, SessileNomad wrote:

instructions to help this thing work

still not werkin for me. damn belgian programming!