Be a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

  • 1,187,946 Views
  • 37,255 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 00:31:56 Reply

COMPOSSING BEETS

Yeah, that's totally cooler than composing or making beatz...

The Audio Forum Lounge

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 00:33:00 Reply

At 9/4/11 12:31 AM, brokendeck wrote: COMPOSSING BEETS

Yeah, that's totally cooler than composing or making beatz...

Can you put soundgoodizers on those beets?


Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
ListenToMyMusic
ListenToMyMusic
  • Member since: Aug. 12, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Programmer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 00:51:34 Reply

Sure can

The Audio Forum Lounge


come support us at the newgrounds.com irc chat room! - just type your nick, and your in!

EchozAurora
EchozAurora
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 01:05:24 Reply

Pickups

My 12 string electric bass actually came stock with an active/passive pickup combo. (Something this discussion just reminded me of lol) You pull one of the knobs out and it flips a switch that turns the active mode on.


At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod.
Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 01:46:09 Reply

This page is full of win. Also...

Newgrounds Toronto Meet

The 17th. I'll be heading up with my gf. Here's the facebook link for info and here's the hotel I'm staying at if you need a spot.

There are 9 confirmed facebook guests but me and chron were a talking and I'm starting to think it might just be the three of us. If that's the case we'll be hitting up mad gay bars. Regardless, I've always had a shit ton of fun at gay bars and would recommend anyone of age to head up :p

unless you're racist in which case get out. just get out.
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 03:23:23 Reply

At 9/4/11 12:31 AM, brokendeck wrote: COMPOSSING BEETS

Yeah, that's totally cooler than composing or making beatz...

This joke is older than the internet. And it's probably true too.


[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 04:15:45 Reply

At 9/4/11 01:46 AM, Quarl wrote: This page is full of win. Also...

Newgrounds Toronto Meet

The 17th. I'll be heading up with my gf. Here's the facebook link for info and here's the hotel I'm staying at if you need a spot.

There are 9 confirmed facebook guests but me and chron were a talking and I'm starting to think it might just be the three of us. If that's the case we'll be hitting up mad gay bars. Regardless, I've always had a shit ton of fun at gay bars and would recommend anyone of age to head up :p

unless you're racist in which case get out. just get out.

NONONO.. Itll just possibly be 3 AUDIO peeps - the locals around toronto will be there.. flash animators, newgrounds locals, and there are also 21 maybes. so 9 + 21 + evil-dog who is too lazy to rsvp = 31 potential people :)

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 09:26:13 Reply

At 9/3/11 11:06 PM, Sehcnew wrote:
At 9/3/11 10:59 PM, AlexTheKool wrote: Does any body know any good software for note compossing?
*facepalm*
Alex we live right across the fucking street. You could have came over and asked.

This shit made me giggle.


Click my sig for a free downtempo EP
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
SSaB
SSaB
  • Member since: Aug. 26, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 10:21:32 Reply

They didn't let me back in...BUT I LEFT MY SEXY MUSIC IN THERE D:


Um, yeah.

Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 12:32:37 Reply

At 9/4/11 04:15 AM, Chronamut wrote:
NONONO.. Itll just possibly be 3 AUDIO peeps - the locals around toronto will be there.. flash animators, newgrounds locals, and there are also 21 maybes. so 9 + 21 + evil-dog who is too lazy to rsvp = 31 potential people :)

ohhhhhhh, thanks for clearing that up man. I wasn't sure what was going down after our conversation. That's awesome that more people will definitely be there. I sure would love to meet evil dog.

anything to bitch about the punk-o-matic...
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Member since: Oct. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Artist
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 14:01:04 Reply

he'll prolly just laugh at you and tell you you suck in his silly french canadian accent :P

Decibel
Decibel
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 14:21:16 Reply

Heavy Duty Earbuds

I seriously need to find a pear of indestructible earbuds - every pair I have gets broken sometime or another -.- I always find some sick way to break the speaker of it :P

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 14:34:42 Reply

At 9/4/11 02:21 PM, Decibel wrote: Heavy Duty Earbuds

I seriously need to find a pear of indestructible earbuds - every pair I have gets broken sometime or another -.- I always find some sick way to break the speaker of it :P

too bad you didn't hear of this early enough to preorder through kickstarter

Decibel
Decibel
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 14:49:22 Reply

At 9/4/11 02:34 PM, SBB wrote:
At 9/4/11 02:21 PM, Decibel wrote: Heavy Duty Earbuds

I seriously need to find a pear of indestructible earbuds - every pair I have gets broken sometime or another -.- I always find some sick way to break the speaker of it :P
too bad you didn't hear of this early enough to preorder through kickstarter

those look very good. it is a shame..

BlackAstral
BlackAstral
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 18:04:07 Reply

Hello, guys. I'm getting started in music production because I would like to make some Industrial or Psychill music. Can any of you folk recommend me some music software? I do have a musical background, so it shouldn't be to hard to learn, right?

Note: I am willing to pay up to $200-300.


Converting Vegetarians
--------------------------------
My YouTube Channel

BBS Signature
BlackAstral
BlackAstral
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 18:12:40 Reply

At 9/4/11 06:06 PM, LaForge wrote:

gosh, aren't stickies the best?

I'm reading through the first link.

Logic Pro is $1000. Shit man, I don't have that kind of money.


Converting Vegetarians
--------------------------------
My YouTube Channel

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2008
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 47
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 18:49:04 Reply

At 9/4/11 06:12 PM, BlackAstral wrote: Logic Pro is $1000. Shit man, I don't have that kind of money.

FL studio isn't.

jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 18:49:43 Reply

At 9/4/11 06:12 PM, BlackAstral wrote:
At 9/4/11 06:06 PM, LaForge wrote:

gosh, aren't stickies the best?
I'm reading through the first link.

Logic Pro is $1000. Shit man, I don't have that kind of money.

Logic pro is the most ripoff overpriced mac software a hispter can buy.

ok its a cool DAW ill admit it.
midimachine
midimachine
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 22:10:38 Reply

don't buy anything without trying the demo version first though


p.s. i am gay

Atlas
Atlas
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 22:12:32 Reply

At 9/4/11 10:10 PM, midimachine wrote: don't buy anything without trying the demo version first though

That's what i love about FL Studio. You can get a demo instead of a trial. I wish Flash did that.


Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
BlackAstral
BlackAstral
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 22:18:48 Reply

I'm looking through the tutorials for FL on YouTube and this program sounds very flexible. I should look into buying a midi keyboard...


Converting Vegetarians
--------------------------------
My YouTube Channel

BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-04 22:21:47 Reply

At 9/4/11 10:18 PM, BlackAstral wrote: I'm looking through the tutorials for FL on YouTube and this program sounds very flexible. I should look into buying a midi keyboard...

To be honest, I make pretty much all of my tracks without one. I use them just to play things that I never end up recording.


p.s. i am gay

Tc572
Tc572
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-05 00:00:31 Reply

Ibiza

Sounds like a great place to party and see live performances of electronic music, and I've heard they generally serve anyone over 16. Anyone want to go to ibiza with me? ;D


Very Nice.

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-05 00:44:09 Reply

At 9/5/11 12:00 AM, Tc572 wrote: Ibiza

Sounds like a great place to party and see live performances of electronic music, and I've heard they generally serve anyone over 16. Anyone want to go to ibiza with me? ;D

Stay away from the Candy Kids...

Quarl
Quarl
  • Member since: May. 30, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-05 00:59:07 Reply

At 9/4/11 10:21 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 9/4/11 10:18 PM, BlackAstral wrote: I'm looking through the tutorials for FL on YouTube and this program sounds very flexible. I should look into buying a midi keyboard...
To be honest, I make pretty much all of my tracks without one. I use them just to play things that I never end up recording.

The keyboard is a great way to get a new DAW user into making stuff. It makes the creative process more intuitive. My keyboard busted on me two years ago and I have to admit, the creative process since has been shit. You don't need a keyboard though. My first year of composing was done with "musical typing" but having that minimal live experience helped a lot. BlackAstral, a keyboard isn't important but I can bet you anything it will make the process more fun/intuitive.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-05 01:06:31 Reply

At 9/4/11 06:12 PM, BlackAstral wrote: I'm reading through the first link.

Logic Pro is $1000. Shit man, I don't have that kind of money.

That's why I think the sticky is a load of outdated crap. Logic has been $500 for years.

Acid-Paradox
Acid-Paradox
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-05 01:30:18 Reply

At 9/5/11 01:06 AM, SBB wrote:
At 9/4/11 06:12 PM, BlackAstral wrote: I'm reading through the first link.

Logic Pro is $1000. Shit man, I don't have that kind of money.
That's why I think the sticky is a load of outdated crap. Logic has been $500 for years.

True , I think someone should update that sticky list with a new one.


Music is my passion , not my business.

Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Member since: May. 10, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-05 06:02:43 Reply

At 9/5/11 01:30 AM, Acid-Paradox wrote: True , I think someone should update that sticky list with a new one.

This is very true, I believe it should be updated as well, with DAWs we've discussed and some apps and plud-ins that will be, pretty much, essential to any of us, here, taking notice to people's shit coming through the portal.

RUSH: Snakes and Arrows

You know an album's good when, every time they play it live or on CD you tear-up or cry.

Workin' them angels................... Seen 'em twice on tour. Cried, both times, at their songs.

Want to listen to it now but I'm at a friend's house, using his laptop. I, also, want to work on a grunge/electronic (you read that correctly) song that I wrote years ago right now, but I'm here so, whatever I'll fight the urge.

Drunk Post

I beat Booze at drunk posts because , you just can't stop me 'til I pass out. I live in Pennsylvania (almost typed Pretzelvania), but my sleep schedual is always different, so you can't beat a day-drunk, lol.

Also, an apologie to Chron, as I haven't been on the NG chat too much recently. I'm just trailin' along,, singin' my songs and tryin' to get my wife on her good side~


Click my sig for a free downtempo EP
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
BlackAstral
BlackAstral
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-05 09:06:18 Reply

At 9/5/11 12:59 AM, Quarl wrote: BlackAstral, a keyboard isn't important but I can bet you anything it will make the process more fun/intuitive.

Certainly. I will probably use my keyboard for solos, because I doubt I will have the patience to manually plug them in with my mouse.


Converting Vegetarians
--------------------------------
My YouTube Channel

BBS Signature
AK-49
AK-49
  • Member since: Jul. 17, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-09-05 09:32:37 Reply

Anyone notice that the highest scores are a lot higher than they usually are? (Gone from 4.43 roughly to 4.5s!)
Ha, Did zero bombing stop?