00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Oka907m just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,795,700 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-06 21:02:52

At 4/6/10 08:55 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Click the "Myaccount" button and it should be on the right side where it'll say "forum signature"

Cool! Thanks man, but is there an application or something to create your own signature (banner thing with your name) in there?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-06 21:06:36

At 4/6/10 09:02 PM, DiscJohnny wrote: Cool! Thanks man, but is there an application or something to create your own signature (banner thing with your name) in there?

Well, first you need some sort of photoshoping program. GIMP works pretty good, but it's not the most user friendly thing. Or find a banner shaped picture online. Well, yeah, i think you just have to have it load the pic into the signature part, and you're good.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-06 21:09:50

At 4/6/10 09:06 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Well, first you need some sort of photoshoping program. GIMP works pretty good, but it's not the most user friendly thing. Or find a banner shaped picture online. Well, yeah, i think you just have to have it load the pic into the signature part, and you're good.

Ok! I'll giv it a shot! Thanks bro.

ROFL look at my crappy signature XD

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-06 22:27:30

At 4/6/10 10:21 PM, Bjra wrote: hey, pst, look

I'm so jealous of you now. I'm not even being sarcastic.

I was going to post something else too but I forgot. Because of my jealousy. Fantastic.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 07:18:43

Sorry about the late post, but yeah. Picture related to the past 2 pages of talk about General Forum.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 08:28:39

At 4/7/10 07:18 AM, Prodigal wrote: Sorry about the late post, but yeah. Picture related to the past 2 pages of talk about General Forum.

hahaha i think i felt it move!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 10:22:53

At 4/6/10 10:27 PM, Mich wrote:
At 4/6/10 10:21 PM, Bjra wrote: hey, pst, look
I'm so jealous of you now. I'm not even being sarcastic.

Get some real speakers and you won't need a sub for the boom.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 12:56:27

At 4/7/10 12:38 PM, LaForge wrote: What happened loans, not keeping up on your points? 3 months ago I was a lower level than you.

i have lost the motivation to deposit regularly

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 13:56:36

At 4/7/10 01:49 PM, ihasboobs wrote: Alright everybody, it's time for everybody's favorite gameshow...

GUESS

WHO'S

ALT!

Winner gets to have sex with A SUPER HOT CHICK LOLOLOL

Box-killa.
Also, fix'd.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 14:00:32

At 4/7/10 01:56 PM, Mussirus wrote:
At 4/7/10 01:49 PM, ihasboobs wrote: Alright everybody, it's time for everybody's favorite gameshow...

GUESS

WHO'S

ALT!

Winner gets NOTHING CUZ THIS IS JUST FOR FUN LOLOLOL.
Box-killa.
Also, fix'd.

Yeah I second that, either Box-Killa or SessileNomad.

Also, fix'd because I'm underage :D.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 18:49:02

It might be LaForge.

When I find out for sure, any trolling initiated under that account will result in their main account getting banned as well ;D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 19:44:00

At 4/7/10 07:17 PM, Chronamut wrote: I think you are abusing the definition of the word "troll" jarrydn - that's just spammy fun really. And he aint breaking any rules - he's just asking you to guess whos alt it is.. sheesh.. piss aura goin to ppls heads...

If it is LaForge, and LaForge is banned at the moment, then he is breaking rules. jarrydn is merely enforcing the rules, I wouldn't label that as "piss aura goin to ppls heads'.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 19:44:55

At 4/7/10 07:17 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 4/7/10 06:49 PM, jarrydn wrote: It might be LaForge.

When I find out for sure, any trolling initiated under that account will result in their main account getting banned as well ;D
I think you are abusing the definition of the word "troll" jarrydn - that's just spammy fun really. And he aint breaking any rules - he's just asking you to guess whos alt it is.. sheesh.. piss aura goin to ppls heads...

A hurr durr, like I don't know what trolling is. If you look at his userpage he's been banned multiple times for being a nuisance, and he wears it as a badge of honour. My reply had nothing to do with his post in this thread, so maybe do a bit of research first and pull your head out of your ass. Shit, you wonder why no one comes in the irc room anymore.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 19:46:55

Also I haven't banned anyone. I said "if" the account is used for trolling, I will hand out a ban. Reading comprehnsion ftw.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 20:00:00

Spelling comprehnsionn for the win too.

I'm part of a complete breakfast.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 20:03:56

At 4/7/10 07:44 PM, jarrydn wrote: maybe do a bit of research first and pull your head out of your ass. Shit, you wonder why no one comes in the irc room anymore.

Cue wall of text.

Experimentation
Is much more fun than making generic music. You can just say fuck the general little music-making rules and go nuts. Which is fun. I think it allows putting emotion in your music more.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 20:23:10

At 4/7/10 08:03 PM, Mich wrote:
Experimentation
Is much more fun than making generic music. You can just say fuck the general little music-making rules and go nuts. Which is fun. I think it allows putting emotion in your music more.

Disregarding convention is fun. :)

If you think Mich you've got some solid stuff going off in a different tangent then your norm, link me please. But don't let me down with "lol happy hard-core experimentation!" where the 4/4 kick is replaced with duck quacking. Or else there will be 2bombs-a-flying.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 20:31:52

At 4/7/10 02:00 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Yeah I second that, either Box-Killa or SessileNomad.

Also, fix'd because I'm underage :D.

Dude, you can't be underage for sex. Especially with a hot chick.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 20:54:37

At 4/7/10 08:00 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote: Spelling comprehnsionn for the win too.

I'm part of a complete breakfast.

It's not my fault that the tactile response on my iPhone sucks :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 22:09:12

At 4/7/10 08:23 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote: But don't let me down with "lol happy hard-core experimentation!" where the 4/4 kick is replaced with duck quacking.

Like this?

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-07 22:18:48

At 4/7/10 10:09 PM, Stupor wrote:
At 4/7/10 08:23 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote: But don't let me down with "lol happy hard-core experimentation!" where the 4/4 kick is replaced with duck quacking.
Like this?

Hahaa I remember I used to listen to shit like that, when I was a dumb 14 year old without any decent taste in music. The songs I listened to then, which I remember as awesome, all sound whack when I listen to them now. 'Epic' buildups and then very disappointing climaxes, mostly consisting of a simple melody and a heavy kick drum. - Jumpstyle. I could give you tons of examples, lol.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 00:01:31

At 4/7/10 10:09 PM, Stupor wrote: Like this?

No,

Like this.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 03:48:00

At 4/7/10 05:27 PM, LaForge wrote: FIRST POST SINCE MAINTENANCE.

Also I guess SessileNomad.

hey fuck you buddy xD

seriously its not my alt

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 06:31:45

ITT: People that have alts that no one knows about

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 06:41:54

At 4/8/10 06:31 AM, Prodigal wrote: ITT: People that have alts that no one knows about

lolwut?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 06:51:06

At 4/7/10 10:18 PM, Mich wrote: Hahaa I remember I used to listen to shit like that, when I was a dumb 14 year old without any decent taste in music. The songs I listened to then, which I remember as awesome, all sound whack when I listen to them now. 'Epic' buildups and then very disappointing climaxes, mostly consisting of a simple melody and a heavy kick drum. - Jumpstyle. I could give you tons of examples, lol.

Man it's amazing how horrible our tastes were a few years ago.

I can't believe I didn't enjoy something like this when I was 12...

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 10:51:01

Yeah, I listened to bad stuff when I was small aswell.

Though that was before.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 11:36:08

At 4/8/10 11:15 AM, Chronamut wrote: also Mich - honestly. You said before that you wanted to apologize for being a dick - yet the snide remarks keep on coming from you.

Well It's pretty obvious that we don't quite like each other.
I'm just annoyed to always see you bash people who have received a certain level of authority, of responsibility; which is in my opinion driven by some jealousy, and your idea that you're so much better than everyone else. I easily get irritated by people who are the opposite of modest. And your whole "I'm the god of time, I can make you cease to exist; I'm the king of the audio portal..." and then the things you said a while back in your room, how you were going to regulate all the scores etcetera ... gets me annoyed.

That and more things. Remarks like 'traitor' to people who come to #Newgrounds but not to #Newgrounds_audio and such are retarded too. That's acting like you're a king, the people that come/used to come to your irc room are your citizens that should do everything you say.
People do whatever the fuck they want. I'm tired of your bullshit.

The fact that you've been on this site for much longer than others doesn't make you any more mature. The fact that you're older doesn't, either.

Now go ahead and 0 my music for this, I wouldn't be surprised if that's something you'd do as revenge.

Ironic that I'm the one with the wall of text, isn't it?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 13:13:06

At 4/8/10 12:33 PM, Chronamut wrote: No Mich I don't bash people that have received a certain amount of authority like you assume - and I don't bash them really - I might be angry at them and tell them, in perhaps not too polite terms, to lighten up - the bashing only occers if they retaliate.
I dislike people that receive authority and then magically change into people that feel like they suddenly have to APPEAR like an authority figure, that's all.

I don't quite think jarrydn falls under that one.

And No - I'm not jealous - really, I don't envy them. And I don't know where you get the idea that I think that I'm better than everyone else - I just revel in my seniority - pardon me for being human!

Let's just say you revel in your seniority quite a bit.

And as far as my work goes - I do think I'm fairly modest if you bothered to read any of my response reviews, or even bothered to listen to any of my music.
I don't consider myself the best - and I always accept room for improvement. The whole "God of the audio portal" is just a title that the USERS gave to me over time,.. I simply went with it... it's the internet Mich - you can pretend to be whatever you want ;)

With the "God of the audio portal" I was mostly referring to the idea you had that you should be in control over what's on the tops etcetera.

as for the scores thing- I was just super pissed off man - we ALL get annoyed by the zero voters - such a monumental task like I proposed would never actually be FEASIBLE.. it just made me feel better thinking about it.

Back in the room you were talking about something that multiplied your voting power by a lot, voting multiple times in a row, that sort of stuff--and using that to regulate the AP. Obviously, even with that advantage, it's not possible for a single person to manage the huge amount of submissions in the portal, which I am glad for.

dude you created another room and underhandedly invited everyone to come to yours instead, while bashing my room, and me, and then linking the link on your site that was originally linked to my room to yours instead, while it was still in the guise of being linked to mine, so that everyone came to yours thinking it was my room. You have absolutely no right to play the hero on this one.

We mostly invited people who were annoyed about certain aspects of your room. If they felt it was a good idea to come to our room (instead), they would do so. Is it wrong to inform the people about an existing alternative?
I admit that redirecting that page was kind of an asshole thing to do. But isn't waiting until I leave our room, then publicly announcing in that room to get out of there and go to yours kind of an asshole thing to do too?
But again, people are free to go where they want. If people don't come to your room any more and come to ours instead, doesn't that mean that people CHOSE to do that for their personal reasons?
I don't think calling people traitors for not coming to your room will help you either.

and no - I don't act like I am the king - I act like I am the administrator of the room - which I am - you simply chafed under that and wanted your own room. And you're right - people DO do whatever the fuck they want - so fucking accept the fact that you can't control everything.

I accept that fact, I hope you will accept it too, some day.

The fact that you've been on this site for much longer than others doesn't make you any more mature. The fact that you're older doesn't, either.

- - -

I however do have more experience and have seen a lot more in the forums and on the sitei n general - maturaity was never under question - newgrounds isn't really known for its "maturity"

You may have noticed that as a community grows, it needs to mature a bit too, because otherwise, you get SPAMfests everywhere, and if that happens with a LOT of people, then it isn't manageable any more, and there's no way to enjoy the community--unless spamming is all you like to do in a community.

all I ask for is a little respect and breathing room - nothing is more annoying is being somewhere for years and then someone new comes anlong and thinks they can talk down to you- it's basic human nature. Don't treat me like an asshole and I won't treat you like a noob.

I can understand that. I'd just like to say that I sort of used to look up to you until I got more into this community and got to know you better. If a newer user makes valid contributions to the community, does that user have to be treated as a noob, even after 2 years, simple because you've been on here for more than thrice as long?

Now go ahead and 0 my music for this, I wouldn't be surprised if that's something you'd do as revenge.
Sorry Mich- that's more l;ike something YOU would do- as you seem to be so good at being underhanded.

Says the guy with 'reaper-of-ratings' as an alternative account. And don't come with the shenanigans that it is your brother's account, as reaper-of-rating's writing style has always been identical to your own.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 13:24:33

Hey, Mich and Chron, not to butt in or anything (I have nothing to do with it; I don't even know what you're talking about since I never went on the IRC) but wouldn't it be more sensible to settle this via PM's?

By creating an argument which started from something so small and continuously fighting about it here in the lounge, you're risking the AF Lounge getting locked, since it's no place for flaming each other and arguing.

This is more of a personal issue than an issue which should be argued about in public, so I think, for the sake of the lounge and the sake of not giving a bad impression of yourselves, that you should argue about this via PMing.

BBS Signature