• Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-26 14:21:19 Reply

@Sequenced

lol u were kidding right?

At 8/26/15 09:17 AM, Daru925 wrote: Renoise 3 is quite fun to use.
Thoroughly testing the demo.
Of course fl piano roll is hard to forget, but its all about training i guess^^

Im checking plenty of forums and links but if you have good information or goldmine tutorials, share the knowledge^^

Only if Kontakt doesn't give me bad crash sometime on Renoise. :(

Renoise is fantastic for drum programming. Love it so much.

Right, mate, are you reading this?

thebitterroost
thebitterroost
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-26 16:41:30 Reply

At 8/8/15 12:44 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: some of my acquaintances are making bank through their hobbies and passions
and here i am, after asking my dad to bail me out because i have no self control

sorry for the negativity, just needed to get that off my chest

I feel ya dude. My best advice is to block 'em out as best you can. The vast majority of what you see of your friends and others via the internet is a highly manicured version of themselves made to highlight the most successful aspects of their lives. The semi-official term for this is "image crafting," I believe. It's one of the main reasons I dropped off of social media. Being a "compare and despair" type sucks, and I should know because I am one. Focus on yourself by limiting your exposure to the comparisons that drag you down.

Hell, I even do that here (albeit to a lesser extent), and have to tell myself to limit the time I spend.

Psst, hey you: I also screen print t-shirts. You should totally buy one.

Grandvision
Grandvision
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-27 02:40:59 Reply

I made a new banner. What do you guys think? :)

The Audio Forum Lounge

FinaLee
FinaLee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-27 08:48:48 Reply

At 8/25/15 05:12 PM, Sequenced wrote: What a fuckingg joke

Not competing on ng anymore

Holy fuck

Don't be so down, Sequenced. There's always next year!

Image by PixlWalkr

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-27 15:00:48 Reply

At 8/25/15 05:12 PM, Sequenced wrote:

Let's see you grow some balls and live up to that hype. I was the FIRST newgrounds artist to get fed up and leave this place. I only pop back in every year or so to send a few messages to S3C, review someone's songs, and bitch in the threads about how much I hate newgrounds. Did I mention I hate newgrounds?

By the way, I hate newgrounds.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-27 15:10:58 Reply

At 8/27/15 03:00 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 8/25/15 05:12 PM, Sequenced wrote:
Let's see you grow some balls and live up to that hype. I was the FIRST newgrounds artist to get fed up and leave this place. I only pop back in every year or so to send a few messages to S3C, review someone's songs, and bitch in the threads about how much I hate newgrounds. Did I mention I hate newgrounds?

By the way, I hate newgrounds.

I guess the only way to win anything is by making generic music. who would've thought

lel

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-27 15:22:00 Reply

At 8/27/15 03:10 PM, Sequenced wrote:
I guess the only way to win anything is by making generic music. who would've thought

Dude that's the rule. You can make the coolest song featuring guitar solos, Frank Zappa, and genuine talent. Or you can win contests. That's the other option. Make music for whatever reason, or win contests. There's no middle ground. If you want to win a contest, always try your best to not sound like yourself. Just, be a complete tool. I remember winning a contest once. I was the biggest tool in the world for one day. It felt pretty good.

I'll never tool harder.

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-27 20:15:29 Reply

Why is everybody on the Audio Forum acting like a drama queen all of a sudden? Are we all getting tired of the summer holidays? Has the 'sitting-on-my-ass-doing-jack-shit' become too much for us? Seriously, all the walls of text and bs popping up in random topics are annoying me more than those useless self-ad threads...

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Oak - Funkerbot!

BBS Signature
Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-27 20:19:51 Reply

At 8/27/15 08:15 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Why is everybody on the Audio Forum acting like a drama queen all of a sudden? Are we all getting tired of the summer holidays? Has the 'sitting-on-my-ass-doing-jack-shit' become too much for us? Seriously, all the walls of text and bs popping up in random topics are annoying me more than those useless self-ad threads...

I'm cheerful so everyone else is getting super mad.
It's usually the other way.

Life sure does work in strange ways.

| Music | - My Album, 'Soul Consumption Manifest' is in development - 50% done, releasing for free!

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-27 20:41:59 Reply

At 8/27/15 08:19 PM, Lich wrote:
At 8/27/15 08:15 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Why is everybody on the Audio Forum acting like a drama queen all of a sudden? Are we all getting tired of the summer holidays? Has the 'sitting-on-my-ass-doing-jack-shit' become too much for us? Seriously, all the walls of text and bs popping up in random topics are annoying me more than those useless self-ad threads...
I'm cheerful so everyone else is getting super mad.
It's usually the other way.

Life sure does work in strange ways.

Apparently so. But think about it this way: you lot can grab the popcorn and talk among yourselves about how so-and-so is an inconsiderate bastard, or a whiny bitch. Watching as a spectator is fun, no? Come on, it always is.

</sarcasm>

No, I'm sure you've had enough by this point.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-27 21:03:42 Reply

On the bright side...
I'm moving to L.A. soon with no money so I can attend a scam school and maybe become a movie star...

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-27 22:19:56 Reply

At 8/27/15 02:40 AM, Grandvision wrote: I made a new banner. What do you guys think? :)

too much blue. need more red.

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-27 22:22:31 Reply

personally, i liked trolling, at least i trolled that teamspeak thread successfully.

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-28 06:47:56 Reply

At 8/27/15 10:22 PM, dem0lecule wrote: personally, i liked trolling, at least i trolled that teamspeak thread successfully.

That was absolutely terrible.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-28 22:59:30 (edited 2015-08-28 23:01:32) Reply

At 8/27/15 03:22 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 8/27/15 03:10 PM, Sequenced wrote:
Dude that's the rule. You can make the coolest song featuring guitar solos, Frank Zappa, and genuine talent. Or you can win contests. That's the other option. Make music for whatever reason, or win contests. There's no middle ground. If you want to win a contest, always try your best to not sound like yourself. Just, be a complete tool. I remember winning a contest once. I was the biggest tool in the world for one day. It felt pretty good.

I'll never tool harder.

I won the RAC contest one year by being myself. All I remember is people saying how they didn't expect it to win and how they wanted such and such to win. Pretty annoying.

Oh wait, btw I had another kid a few days ago and I was told I'm being laid off the day before. My last day is Monday.

Click my sig for my Bandcamp
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Qelaion
Qelaion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-29 20:56:01 Reply

Friendly community oriented music contests are srs bsns

Real talk though, it doesn't matter if you "win or lose" these contests, there isn't too much on the line. Most NG contests are geared toward motivating artists to work on new projects out of what I've seen, so as long as you worked hard on your tracks and submitted them on time, you've bettered yourself as an artist, and that's the real prize. Buuut what would I know anyway, I'm washed up and don't participate in contests ahaha.

/ramble

BC | SC | FB
USF4: Ibuki | GGXRD: May | XBL/PSN/Steam: Qelaion
WHAT HAVE I DONE.

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-31 08:31:55 Reply

I started college with a major hangover. Sometimes I just hate myself...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
FinaLee
FinaLee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-08-31 12:52:17 Reply

At 8/31/15 08:31 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: I started college with a major hangover. Sometimes I just hate myself...

But how was the night before?

Also, take a shot of apple cider vinegar (with the mother). Works for me.

Image by PixlWalkr

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-09-01 18:55:05 Reply

At 8/31/15 12:52 PM, FinaLee wrote:
At 8/31/15 08:31 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: I started college with a major hangover. Sometimes I just hate myself...
But how was the night before?

Well I slept for about an hour (6:30AM - 7:30AM) so you could say it was quite the party. I found some videos on my cellphone of my boss and one of my colleagues (who is leaving, therefore the party) both downing half a bottle of wine in one go. Other than that, everything gets pretty vague. Needless to say, I didn't follow anything that was said during college. Luckily there was free food afterwards.

Also, take a shot of apple cider vinegar (with the mother). Works for me.

Mehh. The best remedy is actually a product with a lot of fructose. Fructose needs to be converted to glucose before the gut can absorb it and the byproducts of this reaction actually speed up the reaction that converts acetaldehyde to acetic acid (which is practically the same as vinegar). Acetaldehyde is a product of the ethanol (alcohol) reaction and causes the actual hangover, therefore increased fructose intake shortens the hangover.
Pure honey is a product with a lot of fructose (~40%). Ironically, fruit doesn't contain a lot of fructose. Soft drinks also contain quite some fructose.

Now that we're on topic, did you know that:
- after a certain level of alcohol intake, your brain isn't longer capable of creating memories? That's why everything seems so foggy the day after: you didn't 'drink away' your memories, your brain never memorized it at all;
- if you ever encounter a person who just took a lethal overdose of aspirin, the best treatment is to feed them lots of alcohol? Aspirin and alcohol are converted to their harmful products by the same enzyme, however you liver always gives priority to the alcohol for some reason. Therefore, the aspirin is 'stalled' until most of the alcohol has been converted, giving you more time to call the paramedics and take care of the patient;
- the treatment for alcoholism is simply an inhibitor of the enzyme that causes the reaction of acetaldehyde to acetic acid? This causes a chronic hangover, discouraging the individual to drink more alcohol.
- I have no idea why I'm saying all this? I'm a little tipsy, but I can't blame alcohol for everything,

That's all for today! Tune in next week for more...whatever, think of a clever title.

snore

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-09-02 10:58:10 Reply

bought a 6-piece screwdriver set
took apart my old PSP. first time taking shit apart, but it's not as messy as i thought it would be

The Audio Forum Lounge

Leenks
SoundCloud - Youtube - Steam

belthagor
belthagor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-09-02 11:01:15 Reply

At 9/2/15 10:58 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: bought a 6-piece screwdriver set
took apart my old PSP. first time taking shit apart, but it's not as messy as i thought it would be

are you going to put it back together, to see how it works? xD

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-09-02 11:12:43 Reply

At 9/2/15 11:01 AM, belthagor wrote:

weeeeell, the motherboard is dead so i would have to buy replacement parts to truly fix it
also, i was a bit rough when removing some parts so i might've completely dicked the thing

Leenks

belthagor
belthagor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-09-02 11:17:27 Reply

At 9/2/15 11:12 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 9/2/15 11:01 AM, belthagor wrote:
weeeeell, the motherboard is dead so i would have to buy replacement parts to truly fix it
also, i was a bit rough when removing some parts so i might've completely dicked the thing

A close friend of mine used to fix thrown away computers, made something out of nothing, but they were free so even if he ruined them while experimenting it didn't do much harm.

As for a psp...hmm, maybe you could sell the working parts to some store?

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-09-02 11:26:48 Reply

At 9/2/15 11:17 AM, belthagor wrote: A close friend of mine used to fix thrown away computers, made something out of nothing, but they were free so even if he ruined them while experimenting it didn't do much harm.

hmmm, that gives me an idea to go ask around for dead electronics...

the thing is though, i took it apart for spares since my working psp has some problems and i don't feel like sending it to a shop to get it fixed. but that sounds like a solid idea too!

Leenks

belthagor
belthagor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-09-02 11:35:48 (edited 2015-09-02 11:36:03) Reply

At 9/2/15 11:26 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 9/2/15 11:17 AM, belthagor wrote: A close friend of mine used to fix thrown away computers, made something out of nothing, but they were free so even if he ruined them while experimenting it didn't do much harm.

hmmm, that gives me an idea to go ask around for dead electronics...

the thing is though, i took it apart for spares since my working psp has some problems and i don't feel like sending it to a shop to get it fixed. but that sounds like a solid idea too!

This is kind of unrelated but, apple stopped making the ipod classic, because they cant find hard drives for it anywhere in the world, one costs about 10,000 USD now... got an old Ipod somewhere?

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-09-02 11:39:46 Reply

At 9/2/15 11:35 AM, belthagor wrote: This is kind of unrelated but, apple stopped making the ipod classic, because they cant find hard drives for it anywhere in the world, one costs about 10,000 USD now... got an old Ipod somewhere?

HOOOLY SHIT
im sure some of my family members have 'em. i've just gotten started w/ electronics and now this

Leenks

belthagor
belthagor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-09-02 11:41:28 (edited 2015-09-02 11:44:54) Reply

At 9/2/15 11:39 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 9/2/15 11:35 AM, belthagor wrote: This is kind of unrelated but, apple stopped making the ipod classic, because they cant find hard drives for it anywhere in the world, one costs about 10,000 USD now... got an old Ipod somewhere?
HOOOLY SHIT
im sure some of my family members have 'em. i've just gotten started w/ electronics and now this

NP, but remember it has to be the ipod classic, google it I guess.

I on the other hand do not own an ipod classic.

Edit: maybe I should make a thread about this? It happened in 2013 I think, but it'l help alot of newground's College Students out, and it isn't widely known.

edit number 2: 10,000 is a typo, I meant to say 1,000