00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,072 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-16 20:14:34

At 10/16/23 03:26 AM, Mich wrote:
At 10/14/23 06:53 AM, chenjoy wrote: I wonder how has this place survived since 1999 lol
Not being run (or eventually bought out) by bigcorp trying to squeeze every last penny out of it as fast as possible might have something to do with it. It's definitely a rare thing on the internet for a place to hang out not to entirely enshittify.

Pretty much, look at bandcamp right now, its in total shambles!

Musician with a computer older than Julius Caesar and humor drier than desert sand on a sunny day.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-20 04:08:11

Today is my birthday so I'm celebrating with this song!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-25 23:23:26

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/spotify-to-potentially-eliminate-royalties-for-lowest-streamed-tracks/

TLDR: Spotify plans to implement a minimum annual stream requirement before it pays royalties to independent artists. OOF.

Supposedly, this is to combat botting, AI generated music, and people making 30 second low effort trash on a playlist to generate revenue, but it's admitted that this push came from labels, who think they aren't getting enough royalties out of DSPs like Spotify already.

Does anyone else think this is a freaking joke? What alternatives do we have to Spotify these days, since Spotify makes up the majority of the DSP market in terms of royalties actually paid to independents?

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-25 23:38:38

At 10/25/23 11:23 PM, ADR3-N wrote: https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/spotify-to-potentially-eliminate-royalties-for-lowest-streamed-tracks/

TLDR: Spotify plans to implement a minimum annual stream requirement before it pays royalties to independent artists. OOF.

Supposedly, this is to combat botting, AI generated music, and people making 30 second low effort trash on a playlist to generate revenue, but it's admitted that this push came from labels, who think they aren't getting enough royalties out of DSPs like Spotify already.

Does anyone else think this is a freaking joke? What alternatives do we have to Spotify these days, since Spotify makes up the majority of the DSP market in terms of royalties actually paid to independents?

I recently saw that! Theres apple music, amazon music, juno download. few I can list from the top of my head

Musician with a computer older than Julius Caesar and humor drier than desert sand on a sunny day.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-25 23:47:41

At 10/25/23 11:38 PM, Tapestoppa wrote: I recently saw that! Theres apple music, amazon music, juno download. few I can list from the top of my head

I have apple music already, as well as amazon. They pay royalties as far as I know. Juno download I've never heard of.

The folks I chat with on Twitter/X champion Audiomack. Have you heard of that?

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-26 00:04:30

At 10/25/23 11:47 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 10/25/23 11:38 PM, Tapestoppa wrote: I recently saw that! Theres apple music, amazon music, juno download. few I can list from the top of my head
I have apple music already, as well as amazon. They pay royalties as far as I know. Juno download I've never heard of.

The folks I chat with on Twitter/X champion Audiomack. Have you heard of that?

Yup, I hadnt dug into it but yeah ive heard a lot about it

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-26 11:57:15

At 10/13/23 05:29 AM, Mich wrote:
At 10/12/23 04:27 PM, Sequenced wrote: bruh

im 30

this is stupid

rip audio forum
Yo happy birthday!

im 32 and a half

At 10/13/23 01:24 AM, ADR3-N wrote: What is everyone working on? I've just been mindlessly growing on Twitter, plugging some commissions, and working on a cymbal sample library.
I closed my twitter account a few months back after having it sat disused pretty much since the muskrat took over, I'm one of those mastodon people now apparently. (It's quite nice, tbh).

I haven't really touched making music in quite a while. I got really sucked into home automation (Home Assistant, ESPHome, that kinda thing) and I'm endlessly setting up new lil' gizmos, designing small bits of electronics to do stuff automatically, hacking wifi control into infrared-remote-controlled things and that.

One day I'll got back to making synth-related bits (and maybe even actually making music)

remember that time i went to your house

why did you invite over an underage teenager u creep

i was just in amsterdam for ade

my music is world wide now

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-26 15:02:16

I've compiled an album, I'm just waiting on cover art. We found out recently that my Dad has stage 4 cancer and they gave him a few months. I'm still on the worship team at my Church and I lead worship for a home group and for a children's ministry. Still work as a mechanic just at a different shop.

My circumstances aren't always good, but Jesus Christ is always good and because I've been born again in Him, I have a joy that passes beyond my circumstances. I'm sad about my Dad and I really want him to get saved so I can see him in Heaven, but I know I'm going to Heaven when I die because of Jesus' shed blood on the cross and His resurrection from the dead.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-26 17:27:26

At 10/25/23 11:23 PM, ADR3-N wrote: https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/spotify-to-potentially-eliminate-royalties-for-lowest-streamed-tracks/

You’re kidding! No way Spotify’s doing that!

What is up with companies like this making terrible decisions for money (Unity, we’re looking at you.)

you guys like my tunes?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-26 21:44:30

At 10/26/23 05:27 PM, underscore8298 wrote: You’re kidding! No way Spotify’s doing that!
What is up with companies like this making terrible decisions for money (Unity, we’re looking at you.)

Two reasons. Companies are evil. "For Money." Simple and unfortunate.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-27 03:08:50

Yeah, I'm livid about this. Seriously considering just removing my music from Spotify. It's difficult cos honestly other than NG Spotify is one of the only places my music gets listened too, but still I'm lucky if I get 15 listeners a month, so I'll be well below the threshold for being paid out. That being said I've made £21 off Spotify since 2015. Man, I might just get rid of distrokid take my shit off everything and just be on NG. The sad thing is, the music industry is set up now to make money from aspiring artists, they realised we want people to hear our music and that we're dumb enough to pay for the privilege... all the shit with band camp too. I really don't know what to do anymore. It feels like an impossible dream to make a living from my music at this point. I'm feeling rather crushed right now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-27 07:19:02

At 10/26/23 11:57 AM, Sequenced wrote: remember that time i went to your house

I feel like that was before I even actually lived in the UK, would've been partner's parents' house. 2010 or something?

That's pretty sweet, dang. What name do you release music under nowadays?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-29 20:21:19

Does anyone have any idea the best time to put music on the site? Not sure if the morning or afternoon is better.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-30 05:55:53

At 10/27/23 07:19 AM, Mich wrote:
At 10/26/23 11:57 AM, Sequenced wrote: remember that time i went to your house

I feel like that was before I even actually lived in the UK, would've been partner's parents' house. 2010 or something?

That's pretty sweet, dang. What name do you release music under nowadays?

i use my real name lmao

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-30 18:55:53

At 10/29/23 08:21 PM, Atlas wrote: Does anyone have any idea the best time to put music on the site? Not sure if the morning or afternoon is better.

I'd say about 16 years ago

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-30 19:10:33

At 10/30/23 06:55 PM, Buoy wrote:
At 10/29/23 08:21 PM, Atlas wrote: Does anyone have any idea the best time to put music on the site? Not sure if the morning or afternoon is better.

I have good luck with the 1st of the month, first week, and weekdays Tuesday to Friday from 10 AM to 6 PM

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-10-30 21:02:54

At 10/30/23 07:10 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 10/30/23 06:55 PM, Buoy wrote: I'd say about 16 years ago

Probably right lmao

I have good luck with the 1st of the month, first week, and weekdays Tuesday to Friday from 10 AM to 6 PM

Thank you!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-11-07 14:49:17

Tankmas Audio Message Collab

DEADLINE: November 29th

The audio is planned to be uploaded on:

December 1st

Share your heartwarming audio messages. Think of it like audio graffiti. It could be something like:

"Mary Tankmas!"

"I'm so happy it can be a part of an amazing community!"

"Bozo brigade incoming."

"Potato."

And more!

RULES:

You must be 18+ to participate

This collab is rated T

Minimal length 1 second -- Maximum length 5 minutes for each submission

HOW TO SUBMIT:

1 - Export in WAV format

2 - Upload your file to a file-sharing service

• Google Drive: Click the share button and make a link that can be "Accessed by anyone"

3 - Send me a PM with the link

• If it was a collaborative effort, kindly provide the usernames of all participants

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-11-07 19:05:27

At 11/7/23 02:49 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Tankmas Audio Message Collab

This is so cool. Writing this on my to-do list. Any merry tankmas to all in case it slips my mind! Is background music or music snippets acceptable or would you prefer to leave that out?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-11-13 15:53:11

At 10/26/23 03:02 PM, SoulSecure wrote: I've compiled an album, I'm just waiting on cover art. We found out recently that my Dad has stage 4 cancer and they gave him a few months. I'm still on the worship team at my Church and I lead worship for a home group and for a children's ministry. Still work as a mechanic just at a different shop.

My circumstances aren't always good, but Jesus Christ is always good and because I've been born again in Him, I have a joy that passes beyond my circumstances. I'm sad about my Dad and I really want him to get saved so I can see him in Heaven, but I know I'm going to Heaven when I die because of Jesus' shed blood on the cross and His resurrection from the dead.

My Dad accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour. I am confident I will see him again in Glory when this is all over. I thank God my Father that this has happened. I got to share my testimony with him, never thought I'd get to do that.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-11-14 22:57:28

At 11/13/23 03:53 PM, SoulSecure wrote: My Dad accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour. I am confident I will see him again in Glory when this is all over. I thank God my Father that this has happened. I got to share my testimony with him, never thought I'd get to do that.

That is a whopper of a relief for you both. I hate the circumstances, but it helps to remember that death is not the end. Will be praying for you both.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-11-19 07:02:31

What's everybody's plans for Thanksgivi-I MEAN Tanksgiving?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2023-11-20 16:51:50

At 11/19/23 07:02 AM, SoulSecure wrote: What's everybody's plans for Thanksgivi-I MEAN Tanksgiving?

ham.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2024-01-08 14:26:05

Jesus christ the lounge is so dusty I had to find it on the 4th page of the forum, the fuck happened? Oh, what, it's not 2010 anymore? Well, shit.

How's e'body doin' doe? Ive been pretty terrible for the last idk 10 years or so ((minus the last month) (and those 3 weeks in 2019)), but somehow someway found myself a really good job, wrapping up a soulcrushing depression and getting back into music after years of hiatus.

Came back to visit this place since this is where the whole tune-building began for me. Ngl, Newgrounds will always have a lil place in my heart, even if it's mostly nostalgia for when life wasn't complicated. Very cool to still see some old names in here!

That whole Jamuary thing looks like a cool challenge, feeling like doing some stuff since I got a few weeks off work. Any of the 2008-2012 gang still writing music nowadays?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2024-01-08 16:31:11

At 1/8/24 02:26 PM, la-yinn wrote: Jesus christ the lounge is so dusty I had to find it on the 4th page of the forum, the fuck happened? Oh, what, it's not 2010 anymore? Well, shit.

Everyone is on twitter and other spaces I assume. Plus there is no overarching theme to the thread so dusty tends to happen -- you have no idea what to talk about!

How's e'body doin' doe? Ive been pretty terrible for the last idk 10 years or so ((minus the last month) (and those 3 weeks in 2019)), but somehow someway found myself a really good job, wrapping up a soulcrushing depression and getting back into music after years of hiatus.

I've been all over the place, but in the last 10 years, I actually started doing music semi-professionally, collabing, promoing and etc. Not that I'm great at it. I actually came back to doing music fulltime this year, after a nasty divorce, military retirement, and leaving an abusive relationship. I'm unemployed, but I'm not having a bad time.

Came back to visit this place since this is where the whole tune-building began for me. Ngl, Newgrounds will always have a lil place in my heart, even if it's mostly nostalgia for when life wasn't complicated. Very cool to still see some old names in here!

I remember you faintly from back in the day. I'm always glad to see an old face. Really tells you that Newgrounds leaves a mark on you. Other platforms, people are faceless, here one second gone the next. A place for short attention spans, which unfortunately I think most of the internet and society at large is headed.

That whole Jamuary thing looks like a cool challenge, feeling like doing some stuff since I got a few weeks off work. Any of the 2008-2012 gang still writing music nowadays?

Yes, I just dropped a video today to my blog since I can't post it here. And I think I got 2 behind that. Busy busy.

I didn't even see the january challenge. I'll have to go check it out!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2024-01-08 18:40:19

At 1/8/24 04:31 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 1/8/24 02:26 PM, la-yinn wrote: Jesus christ the lounge is so dusty I had to find it on the 4th page of the forum, the fuck happened? Oh, what, it's not 2010 anymore? Well, shit.
Everyone is on twitter and other spaces I assume. Plus there is no overarching theme to the thread so dusty tends to happen -- you have no idea what to talk about!

See, we used to make cock jokes and just spew whatever was on our mind. In a way, this was twitter before twitter was twitter. And now twitter is X and apparantly sucks. I wouldn't know since I don't use it.

I've been all over the place, but in the last 10 years, I actually started doing music semi-professionally, collabing, promoing and etc. Not that I'm great at it. I actually came back to doing music fulltime this year, after a nasty divorce, military retirement, and leaving an abusive relationship. I'm unemployed, but I'm not having a bad time.

If you retire from the military in one piece, that's a blessing. Abusive relationships suck energy out of you like a vampire sucks blood, good riddance man!

Yes, I just dropped a video today to my blog since I can't post it here. And I think I got 2 behind that. Busy busy.

Yeah, you should! I'm doing a tune rn, although its pretty hard to get into the workflow since it's been years since i've opened up my DAW. A lot of things bout the whole production thing is like riding a bike, but when you haven't done it for such a long time it's a real pain having to get accustomed to the shortcuts and where everything is etc. I upgraded my license of FL studio to full 2 weeks ago so I do enjoy exploring stuff I've never used before. To be honest, I've really missed making music. Quitting was one of the most shitty things I had to do in my life, since I took this shit to heart and life was so brutal I didn't see a way to really keep at it back in the day. Writer's block ain't always about not finding the right chords, so to speak.

But hey, life's better now. :-)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2024-01-08 21:22:46

At 1/8/24 06:40 PM, la-yinn wrote:
At 1/8/24 04:31 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
See, we used to make cock jokes and just spew whatever was on our mind. In a way, this was twitter before twitter was twitter. And now twitter is X and apparantly sucks. I wouldn't know since I don't use it.

If you retire from the military in one piece, that's a blessing. Abusive relationships suck energy out of you like a vampire sucks blood, good riddance man!

Yeah, you should! I'm doing a tune rn, although its pretty hard to get into the workflow since it's been years since i've opened up my DAW. A lot of things bout the whole production thing is like riding a bike, but when you haven't done it for such a long time it's a real pain having to get accustomed to the shortcuts and where everything is etc. I upgraded my license of FL studio to full 2 weeks ago so I do enjoy exploring stuff I've never used before. To be honest, I've really missed making music. Quitting was one of the most shitty things I had to do in my life, since I took this shit to heart and life was so brutal I didn't see a way to really keep at it back in the day. Writer's block ain't always about not finding the right chords, so to speak.

But hey, life's better now. :-)

Im a relatively new person, joining here nearly 4 years ago. I hadnt touched the daw in a minute and im kinda where you are atm trying to relearn the software. quite the relatable situation

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2024-01-28 05:30:32

At 10/30/23 06:55 PM, Buoy wrote:

cock

gotta make a cock joke

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2024-02-24 16:24:27

New music.

Hi! I'm finally back at it — though I won't be posting what I make to this account, I think. Were we friends back in the day? Do you want to know more? Send a PM, get in touch some other way, and I'll share with you something new. :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2024-02-25 11:42:45

At 2/24/24 04:24 PM, Karco wrote: New music.

Hi! I'm finally back at it — though I won't be posting what I make to this account, I think. Were we friends back in the day? Do you want to know more? Send a PM, get in touch some other way, and I'll share with you something new. :)

We have never met but hey, welcome back!