New Topic Respond to this Topic
Deemo-R
Deemo-R
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-16 22:08:01 Reply

At 1/13/15 07:44 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: In other news, these motherfuckers just came in! Thanks to everybody who helped me pick them, I just tested these and they're awesome! (Sennheiser HD 280 Pro)

Sweet, I have those same headphones! 100% approve of this purchase ;)

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-16 23:24:32 Reply

At 1/16/15 09:58 PM, LunyAlex wrote: Congrats, Step! :D

Indeed! @Step

samulis
samulis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-17 00:44:43 Reply

Yeah, congrats on artist of the day @step! You deserve it, man. ;)

My Music - Virtual Instruments - Website
Orchestral/Cinematic Composer

BBS Signature
Deemo-R
Deemo-R
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-17 03:52:34 Reply

At 1/17/15 12:44 AM, samulis wrote:
Yeah, congrats on artist of the day @step! You deserve it, man. ;)

Oh, it changes on a daily basis? I was wondering how that worked.

Also, of course congrats are in order to @step for the well-earned shoutout :)

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-17 08:07:46 Reply

Oh geez, thanks everyone. I'm genuinely flattered.

At 1/16/15 11:24 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Indeed! @Step
At 1/17/15 12:44 AM, samulis wrote: Yeah, congrats on artist of the day @step! You deserve it, man. ;)
At 1/17/15 03:52 AM, Darkmetroidomega wrote: Also, of course congrats are in order to @step for the well-earned shoutout :)

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-17 08:29:02 Reply

At 1/17/15 08:07 AM, Step wrote: Oh geez, thanks everyone. I'm genuinely flattered.

At 1/16/15 11:24 PM, BrokenDeck wrote: Indeed! @Step
At 1/17/15 12:44 AM, samulis wrote: Yeah, congrats on artist of the day @step! You deserve it, man. ;)
At 1/17/15 03:52 AM, Darkmetroidomega wrote: Also, of course congrats are in order to @step for the well-earned shoutout :)

Why, guess I'm late to the party :p I just saw the frontpage banner, congratulations Step!

[Hidden Audio Gems]
SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook
PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!
Latest track: Clouds (Oakwood RMX)!

BBS Signature
Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-18 11:33:21 Reply

Srsly those of you who have decided to make overly loud music. I will make you pay for the pain you caused me.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-18 12:04:53 Reply

At 1/18/15 11:33 AM, Deshiel wrote: Srsly those of you who have decided to make overly loud music. I will make you pay for the pain you caused me.

Brickwalling for the win.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
FinaLee
FinaLee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-18 12:15:21 Reply

At 1/18/15 11:33 AM, Deshiel wrote: Srsly those of you who have decided to make overly loud music. I will make you pay for the pain you caused me.

The louder the beats, the more girls under the sheets.

BBS Signature
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-18 12:21:01 Reply

Compress to impress.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-18 12:21:24 Reply

At 1/18/15 12:15 PM, FinaLee wrote:

You deserve some e-cookies.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-18 12:28:07 Reply

DEAF to everyone!!!

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-18 12:31:09 Reply

The more dB, the more chicks on your wee.

i can be punny too

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
New-Milkman
New-Milkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-18 14:43:00 Reply

At 1/18/15 12:15 PM, FinaLee wrote:

The louder the mix, the hotter the chicks.

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-19 02:03:33 Reply

Had some leftover money so I decided to become a NG supporter again. Congrats Tom, one step closer to that backyard swimming pool.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-20 00:04:43 Reply

Thank the lord and all other gods and higher powers for solid state drives.

Hello 60 patch east west projects.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-20 09:05:07 Reply

On a programming-related note... I need to start commenting less.

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-20 10:01:26 Reply

At 1/20/15 09:05 AM, Step wrote: On a programming-related note... I need to start commenting less.

Some ideas / tips:

- Comment only the non-obvious.
- Try keeping your lines short (80 characters to 120 characters is a good limit)
- Don't comment redundant things (like starting the comment for a function with the word Function)
- Maybe move the comments for each function to the function implementation instead of its definition.
- Where possible, adapt your identifier names to document themselves. Readability is more important than brevity.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-20 10:12:55 Reply

At 1/20/15 10:01 AM, Mich wrote: Some ideas / tips:

- Comment only the non-obvious.
- Try keeping your lines short (80 characters to 120 characters is a good limit)
- Don't comment redundant things (like starting the comment for a function with the word Function)
- Maybe move the comments for each function to the function implementation instead of its definition.
- Where possible, adapt your identifier names to document themselves. Readability is more important than brevity.

Hmm... good points. I agree with everything you say (except the fourth thing... I think it's handy to have all the function definitions and descriptions all in one place for a nice overview of what everything does, but that's me). I just have a weird obsession to comment nearly everything. My source files are like, 30% C++, 70% English haha. You know it's bad when you sometimes consider doing this:

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Eagleon
Eagleon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-20 14:09:48 (edited 2015-01-20 14:14:35) Reply

At 1/20/15 10:12 AM, Step wrote: My source files are like, 30% C++, 70% English haha. You know it's bad when you sometimes consider doing this:

Well, at the very least, you may be providing a rosetta's stone to some far-future archaeologist digging through the remains of our civilization. This kind of thing is also key to trolling Stackoverflow and their bizarre OCD moderator-culture. It's fun just testing how little extra code you have to add past the original topic to get them to close a question - and it's always, always with the vengeance of a thousand suns.

Also, this is why I love javadocs/eclipse - if you give every function a javadoc, you know what everything is just by hovering, like fifteen inch rims on that code. But Java. Edit: I guess there is a doxygen plugin for eclipse C++, so there's that.

BBS Signature
Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-21 13:38:44 Reply

These responses remind me why I write those long-ass reviews.

The Audio Forum Lounge

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
Daydream-Anatomy
Daydream-Anatomy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-21 15:02:27 Reply

At 1/19/15 07:12 PM, Lich wrote: Just rediscovered my love for JP6K for doing some really evil Supersaw shit with <3
too lazy to google image it so it's snip tool + upload for me so my old mail address is there haha

I like what this is after hearing some people mess with it on videos, I can't find it on the makers website.

Guess I'll get it in the sea.

Deshiel
Deshiel
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 15
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-21 23:57:09 Reply

I recommend that you should seek my newest topic here in audio forum portal if you want to have some fun.

Hello thar ;)

BBS Signature
Deemo-R
Deemo-R
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-22 00:39:47 Reply

At 1/21/15 11:57 PM, Deshiel wrote: I recommend that you should seek my newest topic here in audio forum portal if you want to have some fun.

I am adamantly anti-fun, as a matter of fact.

jk I just can't come up with anything.

BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-22 12:54:30 Reply

It makes me sad to hear incredible musicians on NG and find that many only have 1/10 the number of followers that I do, especially when some of these people have been around for years and are more active than me. Most of my followers appeared because my music was used in some popular animations. Dumb luck, you know?

Maybe I'm writing this because it's 3 AM in this part of the world and my mind is foggy, but I don't feel deserving of my modest success. So I'm resolving to work harder to rightfully earn it.

Anyone else feel like they've ever had success without deserving it? Or perhaps felt they deserved success but somehow never got it? :/

Oakwood
Oakwood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-22 19:18:09 Reply

At 1/22/15 07:15 PM, Lich wrote: Waves just announced three new plugin's, one of which is ButchVig Vocals
The GUI for it looks absolutely insane for a Vocal plugin!

i want it for my cleaner vocal work

That looks steampunk as hell! Too bad I never do vocal stuff...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-22 19:26:26 Reply

At 1/22/15 07:15 PM, Lich wrote: Waves just announced three new plugin's, one of which is ButchVig Vocals
The GUI for it looks absolutely insane for a Vocal plugin!

i want it for my cleaner vocal work

Looks cool, but at the same time really obnoxious for a plugin

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-23 11:39:13 Reply

At 1/22/15 12:54 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: It makes me sad to hear incredible musicians on NG and find that many only have 1/10 the number of followers that I do, especially when some of these people have been around for years and are more active than me. Most of my followers appeared because my music was used in some popular animations. Dumb luck, you know?

Maybe I'm writing this because it's 3 AM in this part of the world and my mind is foggy, but I don't feel deserving of my modest success. So I'm resolving to work harder to rightfully earn it.

Anyone else feel like they've ever had success without deserving it? Or perhaps felt they deserved success but somehow never got it? :/

I definitely know the feels.

However, at the same time, some composers I know are really talented but they do a crap job of promoting themselves. I feel less sorry for them. I got my fanbase through making a lot of connections, promoting my work, etc, whereas I know people who are way more talented than I am who barely do anything beyond posting their music online. It's harsh to say they deserve their lack of popularity, since they're brilliant composers, but they need to get off their asses and start making a name for themselves.

BBS Signature
dj-Jo
dj-Jo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-23 11:58:26 Reply

At 1/23/15 11:39 AM, Step wrote:
At 1/22/15 12:54 PM, BlazingDragon wrote: It makes me sad to hear incredible musicians on NG and find that many only have 1/10 the number of followers that I do, especially when some of these people have been around for years and are more active than me. Most of my followers appeared because my music was used in some popular animations. Dumb luck, you know?

I definitely know the feels.

However, at the same time, some composers I know are really talented but they do a crap job of promoting themselves. I feel less sorry for them. I got my fanbase through making a lot of connections, promoting my work, etc, whereas I know people who are way more talented than I am who barely do anything beyond posting their music online. It's harsh to say they deserve their lack of popularity, since they're brilliant composers, but they need to get off their asses and start making a name for themselves.

I know exactly what how you feel.
I kinda chanced into popularity as well, and my production quality is pretty low (at least what I think).
I know tons of people on here who deserve more exposure >_<

Honesty, there is so much damn talent here on Newgrounds.
It sucks when you realize it's mostly about promotion when it come to people getting a large fanbase and super successful.

When I partook in the NGADM a few years ago, that experience really showed me how much talent is really here on Newgrounds.
And it also made me realize how much I wanted to improve my composition/production skills as a musician myself.

A music career is kinda organized by finding a happy medium between effort and promotion.
But then you throw the element of luck in there and it screws everything up ahahaha

[◣д◢]

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?
Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

BlazingDragon
BlazingDragon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2015-01-23 12:23:20 Reply

At 1/23/15 11:39 AM, Step wrote: I definitely know the feels.

You make a great point about composers who don't work to promote themselves. But I look at artists such as @NickPerrin, @Kor-Rune, @deadlyfishes, @camoshark, @headphoamz, @sorohanro, and you, and wonder how I could have more followers? All the people I've mentioned, as well as so many others, post tons of music, have been around for a while, and have been involved in the community, and I think they are better musicians than me in many ways.

Don't get me wrong, I do work hard to promote myself, entering contests, responding to reviews, trying to make followers feel appreciated, etc. But I feel like there are deserving people who aren't getting the recognition they should. Maybe the new voting system will help with that? Or maybe I just write catchy melodies, and that's conducive to popularity more so than other factors?