• Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 1 month ago Reply

At 8/21/14 11:25 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 8/21/14 11:07 AM, ZipZipper wrote:
At 8/21/14 09:20 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 8/20/14 12:50 AM, ZipZipper wrote: What is the purpose of life?
The meaning of life is paradox. The grass is always greener on the other side...

lounge, why so existential today?
Um existentialism is the funnest thing ever!!!!
Or you know, it could also be a pessimists interpretation of a question that has no real common answer. Some might say that happiness is the meaning of life. Other's might say that music is the meaning of life because it is the key to living harmoniously. I personally find that attributing meaning to life sullies the experience. Life is so abundant and fast moving that perhaps it's best to just improvise the whole thing and enjoy the ride while it lasts. I think Richard Hayward puts it best in his note Play Jazz.

Great! Then we're on the similar page. Yes, there is only one similar page. I want to have short five-minute interviews with the ones who say music is the meaning of life...*side eye stares into the dark hallway of the lounge*

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician

At 8/21/14 11:53 AM, ZipZipper wrote:
Great! Then we're on the similar page. Yes, there is only one similar page. I want to have short five-minute interviews with the ones who say music is the meaning of life...*side eye stares into the dark hallway of the lounge*

Dare I ask of you, which language would you consider to be your primary? Lo siento mucho perro no comprendo. Je ne comprends pas. 我聽不懂. ਮੈਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਮਝਿਆ।.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

freaksy101
freaksy101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician

It has been announced Aphex Twin's new album will be out next month

[18:34] <PissedWaffers> go ahead chuckle nuts, when this place is in ruins, where....
[18:34] <PissedWaffers> WHERE WILL YOU GO NOW?

BBS Signature
ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician

At 8/21/14 03:07 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 8/21/14 11:53 AM, ZipZipper wrote:
Dare I ask of you, which language would you consider to be your primary? Lo siento mucho perro no comprendo. Je ne comprends pas. 我聽不懂. ਮੈਂ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਮਝਿਆ।.

Wwwwooooowwww!!!!!! Ummmm yeah that was quite a dare indeed. The hilarious part is that I wish I could speak any of those languages fluently, but y'know I'll tell you the funniest secret um...yyyyeaah I was adopted as an infant, soooo I have no hardcore ties to my original culture which is...*out of tune trumpet fanfare* Filipino. So even more hilariously, you got it wrong after four attempts. I'm pretty much all American. But it explains my huge interest in world music and other cultures lol...ssssoorrryyyy I think I'm an anomaly. It happens often from various people who first meet me they have no idea what assumptions to make.

BBS Signature
Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician

At 8/21/14 11:35 PM, ZipZipper wrote:
Quarl, why are you so fucking beautiful??

Lol, I couldn't tell if you spoke English as a first language through your posts. The way your grammar is working out for you makes you sound like Sorohan or some other ESL learner. I'm usually not a grammur nazi but I honestly have a little trouble understanding your syntax...

Giants are too tall. We'll have to stand on top of each others shoulders to survive.

ZipZipper
ZipZipper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician

At 8/22/14 11:44 AM, Quarl wrote:
Quarl, why do birds fly?
Lol, I couldn't tell if you, but I honestly have a little trouble understanding your syntax...

That's fine. I'm not educated because I grew up in the nation's capital.

The Audio Forum Lounge

BBS Signature
Voltus
Voltus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician

At 8/21/14 10:58 PM, freaksy101 wrote: It has been announced Aphex Twin's new album will be out next month

wellp not a huge aphex fan but he certainly has a reputation, I'll definitely gonna go and give it a listen

Voltus' Soundcloud
Newest Track: You Know Nothing
If you want me to Review one of your pieces, just send me a PM ;)

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician

At 8/22/14 02:31 PM, ZipZipper wrote:
That's fine. I'm not educated because I grew up in the nation's capital.

BAHAHA, Ja'maiiii, Summer Heights High. Supposedly, she's a naughty girl with a bad habit for drugs.

aka, my role model.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician

At 8/22/14 02:31 PM, ZipZipper wrote: That's fine. I'm not educated because I grew up in the nation's capital.

You poor soul.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician

At 8/22/14 11:44 AM, Quarl wrote:
Quarl, why are you so fucking beautiful??
The way your grammar is working out for you makes you sound like Sorohan...

HEI !!! My Engrish is better than yours :P

Quarl
Quarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician

At 8/25/14 05:57 AM, sorohanro wrote:

That wasn't an insult soro. I generally love seeing an accent when I read. I was talking to this Indian foreign exchange student on okcupid last night. I've agreed to take his virginity. His syntax was too adorable.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician

At 8/25/14 10:04 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 8/25/14 05:57 AM, sorohanro wrote:
That wasn't an insult soro. I generally love seeing an accent when I read. I was talking to this Indian foreign exchange student on okcupid last night. I've agreed to take his virginity. His syntax was too adorable.

I know :) Love you too.
Don't take me 100% serious. I sure don't take myself too serious.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician

Something something cock.

that is all.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
LunyAlex
LunyAlex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 3 weeks ago Reply

Awwww, I totally wrote a really long reply for that "Mercs in the forum" thread but it got lock'd.

Sup Lounge?

Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 3 weeks ago Reply

At 8/28/14 03:14 PM, LunyAlex wrote: Sup Lounge?

'sup

Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician
Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2 weeks ago Reply

I have a small collection of self-designed Image-Line Sawer patches which I have sitting around and rarely used in projects.
Should I be generous and give them out to the folks of the Newgrounds Audio Portal?

| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile

At 8/30/14 08:47 PM, Lich wrote: I have a small collection of self-designed Image-Line Sawer patches which I have sitting around and rarely used in projects.
Should I be generous and give them out to the folks of the Newgrounds Audio Portal?

yes plz

RayS10
RayS10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile

I Do my music in a Studio on a mixer and 2 Keyboards.

A CasioTone MT-240 and a Roland Jupiter 80.

Long Time User of Newgrounds. 2004-2014.....because i have memories of it as a member now.

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician

Love it when I was apparently supposed to be in a contest and no one tells me before I leave for my new house. At my Father-in-law's right now.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Chemiqals
Chemiqals
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician

I'm not sure if this is worthy of it's own thread or not, so I guess I'll post it here... maybe everyone already knows about this and I'm late to the party anyway, haha.

If you make changes to your song you might notice that the changes don't show up when you listen to your submission. This is because of your browser's cache. It can be annoying if you don't know why the newer versions of your songs aren't playing. All you have to do is clear your browser's cache and the new version will appear. However, it can get annoying, having to clear your entire cache history every time you update your tracks. Well I found a relatively quick and painless way to do it if you use Google chrome!

When you update your track go to your submission page. Press F12 and click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the chrome devtools menu that pops up. Then under general settings, check the box that says "disable cache". After that, refresh the page with the devtool menu still open, then uncheck the disable cache box. Now close the devtools menu and refresh the page. The updated version of your song should play.

It sounds kinda confusing but once you know how to do it, it makes the process of clearing your cache go a lot faster. And best of all, it only clears the cache for that one page (or website) in case you'd prefer NOT to clear your entire browser's cache. I'm not sure if there are similar methods for other browsers but I'm sure there might be.

Just thought I'd share! =P

Mich
Mich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician

At 8/31/14 01:22 PM, Chemiqals wrote: Stuff about browser cache

Newgrounds also implements a silly cache-buster trick: if you add ?updated=1 to the URL, it will bust the cache too.

What they should really do is ensure that the mp3 filename is updated when you re-upload, that way the browser will always fetch the new file.

LunyAlex
LunyAlex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician

So I got my first ever decent quality speakers, right? A pair of JBL LSR305 Studio Monitors.
I'm SO Happy with them. There's new frequencies and details I've never experienced before.

And ...

...it's Bloody Horrifying!

I feel like I started mixing and producing yesterday.

"*while listening to music* Oh wow look at how well defined the low end is now. OH MY GOD HOW DO I MAKE THE LOW END IN MY SONGS SO WELL DEFINED OH MY GOD!?FEW{O{FKOE HELP!"

The Audio Forum Lounge

Lich
Lich
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician

At 8/31/14 05:35 PM, LunyAlex wrote: So I got my first ever decent quality speakers, right? A pair of JBL LSR305 Studio Monitors.
I'm SO Happy with them. There's new frequencies and details I've never experienced before.

And ...

"*while listening to music* Oh wow look at how well defined the low end is now. OH MY GOD HOW DO I MAKE THE LOW END IN MY SONGS SO WELL DEFINED OH MY GOD!?FEW{O{FKOE HELP!"

Looks like the JBL's are doing their job pretty well then, you now have the perfect opportunity and power to make some even better-sounding mixes of your pieces!

| Music | News | Favorites | - Audio Destruction, Evolving One Track At A Time!

BBS Signature
LunyAlex
LunyAlex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Musician

But that requires ...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ effort...

Oh well, time to accept how lazy and slushy my cellos have been all along.
Damn you, reality. *shakes fist*

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer

At 8/31/14 05:53 PM, LunyAlex wrote:

Oh well, time to accept how lazy and slushy my cellos have been all along.
Damn you, reality. *shakes fist*

i have monitors, but im too lazy to set them up and just mix on my shitty headset with boosted frequencies lel

lel

johnfn
johnfn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate

At 8/31/14 05:35 PM, LunyAlex wrote: So I got my first ever decent quality speakers, right? A pair of JBL LSR305 Studio Monitors.

And ...

It's actually really easy now that you know it's a problem. All you have to do is high pass everything except your bass elements. A lot of instruments have low-end frequencies that do nothing except muddy up your mix. (Actually, that's not completely true. They help instruments sound better when you're just listening to them on their own, but when you put many of them together suddenly the bass frequencies start clashing.)

Go fix those mixes! :D

[6,11,4,10,2,10,-68,5,15,-68,16,4 ,1,-68,-2,1,15,16,-67].map(function(v){ return String.fromCharCode(v + 100) }).join(""); // updated for web 2.0!

BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Audiophile

is it just me or do people leave NG at the slightest sight of negativity?

Sequenced
Sequenced
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer

At 9/1/14 06:43 AM, Yoshiii343 wrote: is it just me or do people leave NG at the slightest sight of negativity?

people leave because newgrounds is not facebook

lel

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician

Newgrounds > Facebook

TRUTH

Delete your Facebook profile, but keep your Newgrounds......

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician

Regarding the nude celeb leaks, my thoughts so far:
1-Apple, because it just works...
2-Why would you upload to the cloud sensitive material?
3-Don't keep your sensitive material in unsafe devices that are connected to internet at all time and the interface is so stripped out than you can't really control how it works (again a rant on how Apple deals with design, to keep things clear, clean and idiot friendly).