00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,364 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-03 20:22:17 (edited 2016-03-03 20:23:04)

At 3/3/16 05:02 PM, Tacticat wrote: i have no idea, he was spooked when i jokingly said i would zero bomb spammers. then he took it too seriously, and blocked me.

Last thing I read said you inboxed him. Wonder if he even read it.

I can understand outrage against serial link spammers like that. I suppose I'm just way more laid back than your average guy. Still don't get why he'd block you over something as simple as an argument on the forum over what you said was a joke. Zero bombing has been around for ages, yet it still remains as much of a hot button topic as the day the term was coined by some jilted portal artist.

@Mich, it's hella cool that you do stuff like that. I wish I understood a lick of it besides some basic routing.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-04 04:48:41

At 3/3/16 08:22 PM, EDM364 wrote: @Mich, it's hella cool that you do stuff like that. I wish I understood a lick of it besides some basic routing.

Thanks. :-) I did take electronics in school and it's a long-time hobby from even before that, I just ended up in programming job-wise. My love for electronics got rekindled the past few years though, and now I'm really getting into it again.

Looking forward to fabricate one or more of these PCBs this weekend. Playing with corrosive chemicals, woo!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-04 14:59:55

6,000$ candle powered guitar effects pedal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QSQ7blDPVQ

The worth of a man can be measured by the length of his reverb, and the girth of his waveform

Thees waveforme iz veri dangerous. Ve must deal vit it. squash

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-07 07:42:26

fl core challenge

why don't we have these anymore

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-10 18:32:42

At 3/3/16 04:31 PM, Tacticat wrote:
At 3/3/16 04:24 PM, EDM364 wrote: I really don't approve of zeroing without at least listening to the track a quarter way through, even if the author is an asshole. Lord knows half the artists I know would be sitting on zeroes if that were mainstream.
If people didn't worry so much about score, they wouldn't still be on NG.

What if i told you you could be on NG and dont give a flying fuck about scores or even the front page, all you need is contacts/clients. Its who you know on NG mostly these days.

Also someone said something about zerobombing, i never zerobombed anyone ever on ng. I have voted 0 legit on some stuff though :P
Even recently on some flash game where you had to box against donald trump.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-11 02:50:10

At 3/10/16 08:24 PM, Tacticat wrote: For all the Kontakt users, there is a new discovery (kinda) that would save your poor PC/Mac from being on fire.

mfw I have 64gb of ram

Regardless, this is a nice find! Thank you for the share!

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-13 01:47:53

So I think I'm in the Matrix...

I was listening to my iPod shuffle in the car and this song came on that sounded like it could possibly be a track from a soundtrack I had already listened to many times before, which was rather curious because the song sounded new. But, I had put a couple of tracks from a new artist I discovered a few days ago onto my iPod without listening to them much beforehand, so I assumed the song was from this new artist. When I got home and rummaged through the iPod, my iTunes, and my recent downloads, I could not find the song, nor any trace of it.

My only evidence that this song actually existed was my friend that was in the car with me. He's asleep now, but I messaged him if he remembers hearing the song too...and I hope he does because I'm really scared I'm crazy...and of course I also really want that song.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-14 14:20:47

i love newgrounds

The Audio Forum Lounge

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-14 20:54:45

At 3/14/16 02:20 PM, Sequenced wrote: i love newgrounds

What are we supposed to be finding out more about? Painful sex?

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-14 22:27:13

At 3/14/16 10:18 PM, Tacticat wrote:
At 3/14/16 08:54 PM, EDM364 wrote:
free aids online, click now.

You know, this is actually a thing. Bug chasers and all that mess. Why I both love and hate the web.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-14 23:43:59

At 3/14/16 10:18 PM, Tacticat wrote:
At 3/14/16 08:54 PM, EDM364 wrote:
free aids online, click now.

if you want aids go watch reaction videos or pewdiepie

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-15 00:08:20

At 3/14/16 11:43 PM, Sequenced wrote: if you want aids go watch reaction videos or pewdiepie

Hah, nah, I'll stick to looking up VSTs. Right now I'm looking at the best VSTs for trap, since a lot of the EDM vsts I have don't really cut it. NI Massive is almost impossible to get a good 808 overdrive that doesn't clip.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-15 00:09:21

At 3/15/16 12:08 AM, EDM364 wrote:

Hah, nah, I'll stick to looking up VSTs. Right now I'm looking at the best VSTs for trap, since a lot of the EDM vsts I have don't really cut it. NI Massive is almost impossible to get a good 808 overdrive that doesn't clip.

3x0sc square wave and pitch bend modulation

easy

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-15 00:13:31

At 3/15/16 12:09 AM, Sequenced wrote: 3x0sc square wave and pitch bend modulation

easy

I must not be doing something right. I'm never really satisfied with anything I come up with. Even tried sine and parabolic shapers to get the overdrive to sound in the okay range. Having better results with Nexus actually. Usually I get the best results on a single oscillator in Massive. Otherwise it starts to sound like a different genre, or chorused.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-15 13:28:21

At 3/15/16 06:53 AM, Lich wrote: I'm pretty tired of my half-ass attempts of shedding weight, from this day onwards I'm actually going to concious effort to lose some serious weight and then bulk up at the gym when I'm ready. I also need to put some concious effort into getting my album finished, I'm so close to getting it done now haha.

Good going! I'm actually trying to gain some weight in terms of muscle mass. For the last 1,5 years I've attended the gym 2-3 times a week mostly, but I didn't really have a fitting diet so I didn't gain a lot of weight, probably about 4 kilograms. I'm now at 80,8 kg with 5 kg of fat mass and 43,8 kg of muscle mass, according to a test I did a week ago. Trying to bump that weight to 85, but it's insanely hard. According to one of the better fitness apps out there I'll need a good 3500 kcal per day to achieve that, with a good deal being proteins and calcium. Sheeeeet...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-20 17:04:08

what's up

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-20 17:05:23

At 3/20/16 05:04 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote: what's up

Ailing from leg day workouts yesterday and about to head back to college. You?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-21 01:06:49

people either hate me or love me on this forum

this amuses me

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-21 01:11:36

At 3/21/16 01:06 AM, Sequenced wrote: people either hate me or love me on this forum

this amuses me

dont h8 us cuz u 8nt us

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-21 01:15:26

At 3/21/16 01:11 AM, midimachine wrote:
At 3/21/16 01:06 AM, Sequenced wrote: people either hate me or love me on this forum

this amuses me
dont h8 us cuz u 8nt us

dont touch my butthole

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-21 18:03:43

At 3/21/16 04:07 PM, Tacticat wrote:

this amuses me
can it be both? i hate you sometime but i love your music.

how do you hate me when you don't know if I'm faking it online? ;)

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-22 17:51:23

At 3/20/16 05:05 PM, EDM364 wrote: Ailing from leg day workouts yesterday and about to head back to college. You?

nothing much...besides work and stuff.
there's not much activity in the lounge now, is there?

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-23 06:34:58

http://northernscoringtools.com/room-tone.php pretty cool stuff right there

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-26 01:17:28

that moment when there's no afterparrty so you just log on to the forums at 6 in the morgning to infrom you guys that there's no afterparty

guys where is the afterparty i need one

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-26 01:25:35 (edited 2016-03-26 01:25:45)

At 3/26/16 01:17 AM, Oakwood wrote: that moment when there's no afterparrty so you just log on to the forums at 6 in the morgning to infrom you guys that there's no afterparty

guys where is the afterparty i need one

me

i got beer in the fridge

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-26 13:24:03

Window 10 and your DAW

Has anyone who upgraded noticed a significant drop in efficiency from your DAW?

what? you don't remember me? That's Fair

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-26 17:55:22

At 3/26/16 01:24 PM, Aterum wrote: Window 10 and your DAW

Has anyone who upgraded noticed a significant drop in efficiency from your DAW?

I never upgraded for the simple sake of compatibility for my OS still being sufficient. No need in dragging your machine down with a more memory intensive OS it was not designed to take.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-26 19:05:08

I made a sample pack that I was going to publish through audioanimles.. but I decided to release it for free...
https://kat.cr/kick-ass-samples-pack-volume-1-t12309156.html

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-26 22:22:18

At 3/26/16 07:05 PM, Hikari wrote: I made a sample pack that I was going to publish through audioanimles.. but I decided to release it for free...

I'm interested. Is it possible you could publish it through dumping grounds?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2016-03-26 23:02:16

At 3/26/16 10:22 PM, EDM364 wrote:
At 3/26/16 07:05 PM, Hikari wrote: I made a sample pack that I was going to publish through audioanimles.. but I decided to release it for free...
I'm interested. Is it possible you could publish it through dumping grounds?

I suppose I could!

At 3/26/16 09:08 PM, Tacticat wrote:
you should use other source, NG users and mods are itchy against torrent.

Lol, it's just p2p sharing. It's been a quick and reliable way to share my creation. There is no law breaking since I am the copyright holder. lmfao