00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Grussellrussl just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Windows Spoof Redesign Archives

28,320 Views | 297 Replies

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-16 19:52:52

Crap... forgot to attach image.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-22 16:59:16

Now, instead of an actions panel that does nothing, there is a properties panel for you to edit the X and Y position, width/height, and opacity of the selected movieclip. You can also apply filters! I'm working on a system for drawing on your own MovieClips. It's complicated, but I'm gonna do it.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-25 09:50:00

Lol, I type the chat in Hebrew... Traslation!

"What do you have that is ?"
Me: Things.
"Tell me a story. "
Me: No you idiot!
"What were we talking about again?"
Me: on how much you're an idiot.
"Oh yeah, now I remember."
Me: What?
"Can we get back to business?"
Me: No!
"Can you tell me any gossip?"
Me: Not at all? what am I? an idiot?
"What's your sign? Is that a sign?"
Me: No. Bye big idiot!
"What were we talking about again?"
[CLOSING THE CHAT AND LAUGHING]

Super Sprite Fight Collab | The Kirby Collab | YouTube | Yup, the image is the header of my company.

BBS Signature

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-25 10:26:27

Sorry if I sound like an ass but what is the purpose of this? I can rename files, open flash etc on my computer. Why would I want to do the same thing, but much more limited, in a flash file? Do people actually find it enjoyable to "play"?

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-25 21:46:31

At 3/25/09 10:26 AM, hesselbom wrote: Sorry if I sound like an ass but what is the purpose of this?

You do.

I can rename files, open flash etc on my computer. Why would I want to do the same thing, but much more limited, in a flash file? Do people actually find it enjoyable to "play"?

Yes! It's not only filled with little jokes and funny errors, it's also a showcase of some darn good programming.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-26 17:41:15

NEW STUFFS, PPLZ!

I can't post a new demo on spamtheweb, because it's over 5MB now.

But I can post pictures! And video!

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/260309/6 3609_Windows_Doors_Test.php

I only updated Adoozy Falsch this time. Now you can change the depth of your MC, apply filters, and change blending options. There's a slight glitch with blending options where it chooses a random option from the list, and I'm working to fix that.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-28 15:17:47

Screensavers!

If you don't move your mouse for 10 seconds, the screen goes black! Wahoo! I'm gonna add some silly animation, but for now it's just a nice, black screen. Here's a screenshot.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-28 15:42:59

Custom Desktop Wallpaper!

Wow, 2 updates in about a half hour. New record?

Anyway, you can now load images from the internet to use as your desktop background. Instead of just 4 boring ones, you can use some other cool ones!

Want to make your own? Post it on spamtheweb.com and copy-and-paste the URL and wallah! Custom BG.

Sorry for the low quality; NG has a size limit of 150 kb so I had to lower the JPEG quality to 8.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-28 16:43:04

More Desktop Customization

If your image is too big or small, you can scale it and move it around to fit the desktop!

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-28 17:02:47

So, when's the first demo coming out in the portal? I am eager to see the whole thing so far.

P.S. Check your E-Mail

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-28 17:17:04

At 3/28/09 05:02 PM, 4urentertainment wrote: So, when's the first demo coming out in the portal? I am eager to see the whole thing so far.

P.S. Check your E-Mail

I don't know. Every time I try working on the preloader, I start updating other parts of it. Then, I release an update or two, and I never get to the preloader. *sigh*.

I'm gonna force myself to do it, though.

Wait, I think I should update the control panel more! Hmmmm.... Just kidding. I want to release a new demo of it. I really do!

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-28 17:21:08

wow this is awesome. It is almost better that my actual computer lol. The Falsh program looks awesome, and the chat thing is hilarious.

Lolin' is the new ballin'

BBS Signature

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-28 17:49:14

At 3/28/09 05:21 PM, Pengus wrote: wow this is awesome. It is almost better that my actual computer lol. The Falsh program looks awesome, and the chat thing is hilarious.

Thanks! It's Windows Doors: Life without Windows.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-29 11:46:30

Display Settings

Now you can screw up your display, and possibly cause Flash Player to crash! Wahoo!

Anyway, you can now add some cool effects like grayscale, drugs, and emboss to this flash game. Simply check the different boxes!

In the below image, the "Drugs" and "Sharpen" modes are applied.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-03-29 13:21:30

At 3/29/09 12:05 PM, EJRProductions wrote: I like it. But is the sidebar optional to have up? It's kind of distracting to me and I'd rather like it more as something you can open up from the start menu.

Hmmm... I'll think about it.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-07 19:37:27

I'm mad!

So I'm once again trying to get the stupid browser to work. Every time I open it to www.newgrounds.com/bbs it freezes the .swf file. Stupid Adobe won't give me any help, and in the customer support portal I have some stupid robot answering all of my questions.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-11 19:07:04

Preloader, Registration, and Logon

It's almost here: The first demo of the redesigned spoof! I'm working on the preloader, registration, and logon system right now. I was going to release it tomorrow, but I don't know if I can. At least it's getting close!

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-11 19:51:13

At 3/28/09 03:17 PM, Archon68 wrote: Screensavers!

If you don't move your mouse for 10 seconds, the screen goes black! Wahoo! I'm gonna add some silly animation, but for now it's just a nice, black screen. Here's a screenshot.

Use After Dark. It's by far the greatest screen saver created by man.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-11 20:34:55

At 4/11/09 07:51 PM, Ironosaur wrote:
At 3/28/09 03:17 PM, Archon68 wrote: Screensavers!

Use After Dark. It's by far the greatest screen saver created by man.

Lol... I love that game.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-12 10:41:48

I just PM'ed PhsychoGoldfish about adding medals to Doors. Keep your fingers crossed!

I also added the first easter egg to this flash. You have to look carefully to find it.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-12 10:56:12

At 4/12/09 10:41 AM, Archon68 wrote: I just PM'ed PhsychoGoldfish about adding medals to Doors. Keep your fingers crossed!

I also added the first easter egg to this flash. You have to look carefully to find it.

wait, how are you going to add medals, I thought it was just an emulator? And this looks like the most epic windwos emulator EVER!

My websites: MayesMods | FireStorm | I'm also on almost every other website in existence, mostly under the username: andy70707 (youtube: brainiac777, eBay: 10andy70707).

BBS Signature

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-12 11:54:55

At 4/12/09 10:56 AM, andy70707 wrote:
At 4/12/09 10:41 AM, Archon68 wrote: I just PM'ed PhsychoGoldfish about adding medals to Doors. Keep your fingers crossed!

wait, how are you going to add medals, I thought it was just an emulator? And this looks like the most epic windwos emulator EVER!

There will be medals for finding secrets, completing challenges, getting the chatbot to say certain things, and other stuff like that.

Also, my parents are now monitoring the jokes in this flash. I showed them the Easter egg and they think I'm gonna get sued. I'll never show them my flashes again... And, according to my parents, "my sister playing Club Penguin is more important than me making flashes.". Hmm... My family is pretty screwed up.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-12 11:59:40

You have been doing this for about 4 months now, and I have followed the whole way. This is absolutely amazing.

Definitly will get 4.5 :D (unless them NOOBs rate it down after BASTARDS!!!!)

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-12 12:37:30

At 4/12/09 11:59 AM, BillysProgrammer wrote: You have been doing this for about 4 months now, and I have followed the whole way. This is absolutely amazing.

Definitly will get 4.5 :D (unless them NOOBs rate it down after BASTARDS!!!!)

Yay! I have my own followers! Wahoo!

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-12 12:44:31

I guess so :D

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-12 13:28:05

At 4/12/09 01:12 PM, EJRProductions wrote:
At 4/11/09 07:07 PM, Archon68 wrote: Preloader, Registration, and Logon

It's almost here: The first demo of the redesigned spoof! I'm working on the preloader, registration, and logon system right now. I was going to release it tomorrow, but I don't know if I can. At least it's getting close!
Will that come up every time we start the Flash up?

Yes, but there's a button to skip it. I'm using shared objects to remember the info you put in as well, so you don't have to do it each time.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-13 18:36:21

I'm so happy! After months (yes, months) of contacting Adobe about the issues with the scrollpane I had in the web browser, we finally found the problem. I can now start up with the web browser again!

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-13 19:01:50

Hey!
Have you gotten any closer to programming Minesweeper yet?
It isn't actually that hard, you just need to know arrays. And you've gotten a lot better since you made your old topic (my reply is still there, if you need more info on how to make it).

Plus, you could have achievements related to it; such as finding the legendary '8' square.
Go onnn!

I'm impressed that this project is still going strong; it's looking good!
Best of luck!

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-13 19:15:05

One problem leads to another...
Since I just fixed the browser, obviously there has to be another problem. I just realized that by adding an extra frame to my movie (for the preloader & registration movieclip) everything gets screwed up. See the image attached below. Can anyone help me with this?

At 4/13/09 07:01 PM, Doomsday-One wrote: Hey!
Have you gotten any closer to programming Minesweeper yet?
It isn't actually that hard, you just need to know arrays. And you've gotten a lot better since you made your old topic (my reply is still there, if you need more info on how to make it).

Plus, you could have achievements related to it; such as finding the legendary '8' square.
Go onnn!

I'm impressed that this project is still going strong; it's looking good!
Best of luck!

Holy F*** that was a retarded thread. I've decided to keep my old version of minesweeper, btw.

Response to Windows Spoof Redesign Archives 2009-04-13 20:52:04

At 4/13/09 07:15 PM, Archon68 wrote: Holy F*** that was a retarded thread. I've decided to keep my old version of minesweeper, btw.

Oh, cool. But at least make it so that you can lose =P

Since I just fixed the browser, obviously there has to be another problem. I just realized that by adding an extra frame to my movie (for the preloader & registration movieclip) everything gets screwed up. See the image attached below. Can anyone help me with this?

Ah, weird things like that can happen. I remember adding scenes messed up my AS once (I never worked out why, I just put the intro animation on the same scene).
Try putting in some trace actions first, to check that hitting enter registers, and where the things are going.

If all else fails, you could try putting the preloader on frame two, and skipping to there at the very beginning (although, I think this works out badly, but I haven't tried it).

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.