00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Basalspider just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the warhammer 40k collab!

82,176 Views | 1,272 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-26 18:43:32

At 6/26/09 06:31 PM, CrabPope wrote: So besides the transitions, is the collab basically done?

Well, it should be. I think everybody needs to submit their parts I believe Sunday for the getting mushing together.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-26 19:07:45

will do, but on friday. I'm leaving for 2 days and won't be able to check back during that time.

just work work work, and listen to forbid (and basically bomblu too)

I take this to mean he left today and gets back Sunday. You should send your parts to him.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-26 19:36:05

At 6/26/09 07:07 PM, Pawn007 wrote:

I take this to mean he left today and gets back Sunday. You should send your parts to him.

There goes my weekend...lol

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-26 19:59:05

Wraithlord = pwnage haha

Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-26 21:06:11

Hey, for suggestions-sake, I'm going to have Space Marines at the end of the skit, which faction should it be?

Should I make one up?

-Also I don't want to do Blood Ravens or Ultramarines because they've been done a lot, and no to Dark Angels because it's mostly a green Eldar army.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-26 21:19:23

At 6/26/09 09:06 PM, Phobotech wrote: Hey, for suggestions-sake, I'm going to have Space Marines at the end of the skit, which faction should it be?

Should I make one up?

-Also I don't want to do Blood Ravens or Ultramarines because they've been done a lot, and no to Dark Angels because it's mostly a green Eldar army.

How are they fighting??? I don't think we have Raven Guard yet... i've always liked their colours and tactics.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-26 21:36:42

At 6/26/09 09:19 PM, Pawn007 wrote:
How are they fighting???

They win the battle with sheer luck and little effort. Unless that changes the suggestion, I'd be down for some all-black badassery.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-26 21:51:50

go for one of the obscure ones haha...i did space wolves in mine....what about salamanders..haha just cuz they were so shitty haha

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-26 21:55:47

At 6/26/09 09:51 PM, RedHarvest wrote: go for one of the obscure ones haha...i did space wolves in mine....what about salamanders..haha just cuz they were so shitty haha

Aww...a shitty faction of Space Marines would be ideal, but these Salamanders are green, which is the only reason I didn't go with Dark Angels, so it wasn't a green army vs. green army.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-26 21:56:29

Sounds good... the suggestion would have changed if you said say... an fleet of tanks... or an army of terminators or dreadnoughts.

Yeh black baddassery

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-26 21:59:18

Obscure... hmmm... what about Hawk Lords... I've never actually seen someone play them... purple marines :p

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-26 22:03:31

At 6/26/09 09:59 PM, Pawn007 wrote: Obscure... hmmm... what about Hawk Lords... I've never actually seen someone play them... purple marines :p

LMAO!

I have never heard of the Hawk Lords until I google Imaged them...they're the CRUNK faction! With their purple and gold, "AWWW SHIT, Motherfucker's bettah recognize we Space Marines rollin' in heah! This beat goes out to our almighty God Emporer...Uh! Check it!"

I think I'll stick with Raven Guard Badassery :D Thanks guys.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 00:41:46

I'm back, I left Wednesday after that post and came back this afternoon.

There goes my weekend...lol

hey, wow! a few months ago I sent you a pm offering to eliminate the static in your awesome flash, but you never replied. I wasn't trying to steal your movie, I was being sincere.

anyway, the art work is great!

as for the transition, why can't we just settle on something like a super-hero cartoon transition? I made this whole transition that turned out nicely and exactly how I had imagined it, but ofcourse tonight of nights is when spam the web has decided not to work, so I'll show it tomorrow, spam the web and god willing.

besides, TV static is a cheap and WAY WAY WAY overused solution (though I am a fan of how it looks)

Fuck! Im to late! Why did no one mention the Rainbow Warriors!!!

hey! like the Hawaiian college football team right? I've been to their stadium.. rainbow warriors are perfectly insignificant t the league, so they should be perfect for your part. (is that a real chapter though?)

bt-dubs, if you're going for black and badass, why didn't black templars occur to anyone?

(the pic is not official)

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 01:30:42

At 6/27/09 12:41 AM, flashbound18 wrote:
hey, wow! a few months ago I sent you a pm offering to eliminate the static in your awesome flash, but you never replied. I wasn't trying to steal your movie, I was being sincere.

I remember now! Sorry for failing to respond, but it was a detail in the flash that I would like to remain consistent, to serve as a landmark in how far I've come.

What I didn't realize until later is I had exported ZOA on default Audio quality, which sucks...even worse, I made the mistake of deleting the original .swf, which is yet ANOTHER mistake from ZOA that I've since learned from.

Although I appreciate the offer, there was nothing that could be done even if I wanted it to...besides, as evident in the short I'm working on for the collab, my audio quality has significantly upgraded.

anyway, the art work is great!

Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 03:09:54

Okidoki, yesterday i didnt have time to do anything cos i was working till 5:30 then i spent the evening playing kung fu panda and mirror's edge demo - but this morning i'm going to HOPEFULLY finish off that menu, and GOD HELP me finish i kissed a spawn....

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 03:26:50

If you don't mind the question... what's left on IKAS??

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 04:33:21

I have an exam tommorow, and I gotta study, but i'll still leave some time to finish this thing.
Here's a chibi warlock, to make ya'll reduce the pressure.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 05:23:51

*huff*...almost completely done...Trying to get this done before Saturday Evening so I don't have to compromise my social life.

Film at Eleven.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 05:32:35

haha keep trukkin!

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 07:41:07

At 6/27/09 05:32 AM, RedHarvest wrote: haha keep trukkin!

6:40 in the morning here...I'm taking a quick nap. Giving myself twelve hours to finish what I have left.

Hope they'll love this short as much as I'm having fun making it. Honestly.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 08:57:27

Well I'll be damned... the Rainbow Warriors are an offical Chapter...

link

Not that I don't trust you forbid... okay I guess that I didn't trust you. Looks like they are Ultramarines with gay rainbows painted on their faces.

Well you learn something new every day.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 09:10:26

(read my last post)
transition
Bomblu had made something similar a while back, but I remember it was a little longer and was dismissed as annoying. I tried to make this one simpler, darker, and shorter, with less of a 'melody'

At 6/27/09 08:57 AM, Pawn007 wrote: Well I'll be damned... the Rainbow Warriors are an offical Chapter...

link

Not that I don't trust you forbid... okay I guess that I didn't trust you. Looks like they are Ultramarines with gay rainbows painted on their faces.

Well you learn something new every day.

just like the Hawaii football team, minus the green:

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 09:31:59

that transition looks great! i love the speed racer music! haha

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 09:42:21

At 6/27/09 09:31 AM, RedHarvest wrote: that transition looks great! i love the speed racer music! haha

shhhh!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 12:14:37

After adding that chibi warlock (Posted above) to my scene, the .swf size boosted up to 1.2mb....Do you even-No, CAN you even add my 'toon' with comprimising this collab? <_<

I'll understand, as if I do continue it probably WILL keep on going up...
..Jus' waitin' for a reply~ <_<

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 12:50:20

At 6/27/09 12:17 PM, ForbidMetal wrote:
Well by the sound of it, you don't have the time to complete it, and if that's so than just say it's ok, if you really think the file size will compromise the Collab than don't add it, but it's up to you in the end.

You think im wussing out?
No mate, it was a simple yes / no question, guess you've answered it perfectly <_<

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 16:03:01

I'm fairly certain, size is definitely not an issue. I don't think a collab of this size and quality will actually be under 10 meg... just need to submitt through other channels. (ie send it to tom and wade)

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 16:19:06

Almost done -.-
It's 23:20 right now :[

Damn expression sync...

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 17:30:56

At 6/27/09 04:19 PM, TrojenMonkey wrote: Almost done -.-
It's 23:20 right now :[

Damn expression sync...

Same here. I got an hour and a half until my personal deadline.

I'm excited to see the finished collaboration as a whole!

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-06-27 17:46:28

ok i got both my parts done

part 1

part 2

some of the sounds in part 2 go off about 100 frames too early! idk wats wrong!

BBS Signature