00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tamer669 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cartoon Club

81,848 Views | 861 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-08 19:31:01

At 4/8/09 07:04 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 4/8/09 06:01 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
Hey, I'd like to join this club here. It looks pretty cool.
Welcome! It IS pretty cool.

Also, I've taken a liking to CN's newest cartoon, the League of Super Evil.

Yeah, I've heard of it, what's it like?

And just for reference, what other cartoons are you favorites?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-08 21:25:49

At 4/8/09 07:31 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
Yeah, I've heard of it, what's it like?

Basically three self-proclaimed "evil" dudes living in a suburban home together. One really is evil, one is really strong but nice, and the last has a fetish for big guns.

And just for reference, what other cartoons are you favorites?

South Park, Family Guy, Chowder and Fosters.

Hopefully Puddin here can pump new life into this club.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-08 21:29:58

At 4/8/09 09:25 PM, DocSprite wrote: Hopefully Puddin here can pump new life into this club.

I'll be fine with coming back/rejoining.
Someone just assure me this won't be like beating a dead horse.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-08 21:55:28

At 4/8/09 09:29 PM, aninjaman wrote:

I'm not sure, Matt and IB seem to be on and off here. I would try as hard as I can to revive this, but I need some other people to help me out. I'll send Matt and IB a PM.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-08 21:58:03

At 4/8/09 09:55 PM, DocSprite wrote:
I'm not sure, Matt and IB seem to be on and off here. I would try as hard as I can to revive this, but I need some other people to help me out. I'll send Matt and IB a PM.

Nothing to lose.
So what now?

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-08 21:59:27

At 4/8/09 09:58 PM, aninjaman wrote:
Nothing to lose.
So what now?

HRM... what do you guys think of the new season of South Park. There's a new episode on right now. I hope to catch the encore of it at midnight.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-08 22:05:52

At 4/8/09 09:25 PM, DocSprite wrote:
Basically three self-proclaimed "evil" dudes living in a suburban home together. One really is evil, one is really strong but nice, and the last has a fetish for big guns.

Sounds like a half-way decent concept. When is it on? I've never been able to catch it.

South Park, Family Guy, Chowder and Fosters.

All pretty good shows. I can respect your tastes.

Hopefully Puddin here can pump new life into this club.

Thanks. I'll try.

At 4/8/09 09:59 PM, DocSprite wrote:
HRM... what do you guys think of the new season of South Park.

The first episode of this season was very funny. The scene with Mickey Mouse beating up the Jonas brothers made me laugh very hard, but after that the episodes kinda fizzled out. The Coon felt weird and incomplete and the Economy episode was just dull. I have yet to see the newest episode though, how is it?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-09 15:29:32

At 4/8/09 10:05 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 4/8/09 09:25 PM, DocSprite wrote:
Sounds like a half-way decent concept. When is it on? I've never been able to catch it.

Well, they say that they're so "evil" and everything, but they always end up failing epicly at everything. I know it sounds really generic and everything, but it's not that bad.

At 4/8/09 09:59 PM, DocSprite wrote:
HRM... what do you guys think of the new season of South Park.
I have yet to see the newest episode though, how is it?

I don't know, but the plot is that Cartman and Clyde find the funniest joke ever while helping Jimmy with his stand-up, and Cartman steals it and takes Jimmy on Tv with it.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-09 15:39:22

At 4/9/09 03:29 PM, DocSprite wrote:
I don't know, but the plot is that Cartman and Clyde find the funniest joke ever while helping Jimmy with his stand-up, and Cartman steals it and takes Jimmy on Tv with it.

Yeah, I'm about to watch it on their website. But the queef episode isn't allowed to be streamed yet. Was that one any good?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-09 16:08:00

At 4/9/09 03:39 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
Yeah, I'm about to watch it on their website. But the queef episode isn't allowed to be streamed yet. Was that one any good?

Naw. IMO, that was the worst one in the new season.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-09 18:40:46

Sorry i haven't posted in awhile everyone, new topic anybody?

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-09 20:18:31

At 4/9/09 06:40 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Sorry i haven't posted in awhile everyone, new topic anybody?

It's about time! We're talking about the new season of South Park and what are your thoughts on it.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-10 20:49:48

At 4/9/09 08:18 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 4/9/09 06:40 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Sorry i haven't posted in awhile everyone, new topic anybody?
It's about time! We're talking about the new season of South Park and what are your thoughts on it.

I havn't seen it yet. Not a fan of south park, i fail to find the humor in it :I

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-10 20:58:48

At 4/10/09 08:49 PM, Matt2k8 wrote:
I havn't seen it yet. Not a fan of south park, i fail to find the humor in it :I

It's kinda how you can find a connection to our world in the wacked up world of South Park. Like it the episodes where seniors end up killing people every time they drive and then people take away their licenses.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-10 22:46:56

At 4/10/09 08:58 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 4/10/09 08:49 PM, Matt2k8 wrote:
It's kinda how you can find a connection to our world in the wacked up world of South Park. Like it the episodes where seniors end up killing people every time they drive and then people take away their licenses.

Yeah, but lately they're getting a little too involved with pop culture and politics. I wish they could come up with some more original stuff like The Imgination Land series. That stuff was hilarious.

Also, Kanye West is a gay fish.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-10 22:57:43

Woah i'm shocked this topic is still going and even got off the last page @;-}>

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-10 23:01:41

At 4/10/09 10:57 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Woah i'm shocked this topic is still going and even got off the last page @;-}>

Yeah, well, I guess I played some part in that.

So, what do guys think of Family Guy these days?

Personally, I think it's become the new Simpsons. It's only a shadow when compared to it's former self.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-10 23:13:57

Okey my big catch up post.

At 3/30/09 05:20 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 3/30/09 05:15 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
The things i see on the regular nick just confuse me on how it even made it.
Don't worry, they'll only continue it for a month. Then people will get bored, ratings will drop, and the show will ultimately be scrapped to make more timeslots for Spongebob. :\

That does seem to be the current trend with alot of the newer shows. Well they me be around for about a half of a year and then they realize it is shit and take it off air. Spongbob gets enough time. I will predict something here and i will laugh if i get it right. By the year 2011 nick will show spongbob 12 out of 24 hours every day

At 4/8/09 06:01 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Hey, I'd like to join this club here. It looks pretty cool.

Well then welcome, it looks like we have a good recruit here boys. I remeber you from the EGB you need no "under judgement" time like most of our memebers needed. Glad to see you here.
~the creator of this thread~

At 4/8/09 09:55 PM, DocSprite wrote:

This will not be "like beating a dead horse" because i am back full time and feeling rejuvenated!

I am on and off, but so what. I will promise to be more active and guide and mold you guys to what your full potential is. I got your pm and i never came here :::i can be oblivious sometimes::: :::hence my username:::

~shawn~

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-11 09:23:32

At 4/10/09 11:13 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Okey my big catch up post.

Welcome back, here's some tea. :)

By the year 2011 nick will show spongbob 12 out of 24 hours every day

I don't think they can, because of Nick at Nite and Nick Jr. But they already show it for about 4-5 hours of Nick's 11-hour schedule.

I think it's amazing. Seth McFarland is a genius. My favorite part of an episode is the court scene in Stewie Kills Lois.

"Mr. Griffin, are you a violent man?"

"Are you a wiseguy? Cause I know how to deal with wiseguys!"

Also, Kanye West is a gay fish.

I love that.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-11 10:11:27

At 4/11/09 09:23 AM, DocSprite wrote:
By the year 2011 nick will show spongbob 12 out of 24 hours every day
I don't think they can, because of Nick at Nite and Nick Jr. But they already show it for about 4-5 hours of Nick's 11-hour schedule.

Yeah, I've noticed that there's more Spongebob around than normal. It also shocked me that the show is already 10 Years old.

I honestly thought that the show wasn't going to last that long. Surely all of you guys remember those kids shows that lasted for a season, fizzled out and died. I thought it would end up like that. I guess i was wrong about that, becuase now he has had at least 5 Burger King/ McDonalds Toy series, A full-length motion picture, more TV movies then I can remember, and enough merchandise to rival the Simpsons.

Plus, newer Spongebob is not as good. I think they've used up all of the good ideas, and are now using their "Stock" ideas like "Spongebob goes surfing" or "Spongebob gets a tan".

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-11 14:04:56

At 4/10/09 11:01 PM, puddinN64 wrote:

My friend showed it me last night, wasn't as bad as i remembered. I lol'd at some of the jokes.

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-11 14:06:09

Pudding, i just gotta point this out, lulz. :3

Every post this page you've used the emoticon :I

Lulz, favorite emoticon? Hehehe.

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-11 17:51:14

At 4/11/09 02:04 PM, Matt2k8 wrote:
At 4/10/09 11:01 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
My friend showed it me last night, wasn't as bad as i remembered. I lol'd at some of the jokes.

Honestly I don't like family guy at all anymore. I supposed it was funny in middle school where I thought all the jokes were super raunchy and just saying the word penis was comedy gold but nowadays Family Guy is just to immature for me.
I guess the shock value of the show wore off and the comedy didn't hold up.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-11 19:44:43

Hay, it's nice to know that the club is being revived again -^.^-

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-11 19:56:14

At 4/11/09 07:44 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Hay, it's nice to know that the club is being revived again -^.^-

Continue the discussion instead on just bumping.

rawr

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-11 20:47:40

At 4/11/09 05:51 PM, aninjaman wrote:
Honestly I don't like family guy at all anymore. I supposed it was funny in middle school where I thought all the jokes were super raunchy and just saying the word penis was comedy gold but nowadays Family Guy is just to immature for me.
I guess the shock value of the show wore off and the comedy didn't hold up.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. When you really analyze the show, it's really just potty humor with random clips. Look, I love a good shit joke as much as the next guy, but I don't need 80 of them in one episode and I want some actual plot and storyline to the episodes. People always talk about The Simpsons being worse than Family Guy, but I think as far as writing goes, the Simpsons today is better than Family Guy.

At 4/11/09 02:06 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Pudding, i just gotta point this out, lulz. :3

Every post this page you've used the emoticon :I

Lulz, favorite emoticon? Hehehe.

Yeah, well, I'm usually not swayed either way by cartoons. If I feel the need to use another emotion (Which if you look through my history, I have), I will. But if I'm just posting a normal statement, I don't feel the need to. Thanks for noticing though, I like the attention.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-11 22:05:02

I love when in Family Guy, Peter or Stewie makes an analogy, they give an example. Like, "I'm more popular with the kids that Will Smith's nice boy rap!"

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-12 09:45:16

At 4/11/09 07:56 PM, aninjaman wrote:
At 4/11/09 07:44 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Hay, it's nice to know that the club is being revived again -^.^-
Continue the discussion instead on just bumping.
rawr

I'm not.. :c

Family Guy's gotta abit boring, all agree?

Also, the way Chris talks, who finds it abit strange?

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-13 19:35:11

Wow, no ones posted after me :'[

Anyway, another thing about Family Guy - Why do most blokes chins look like ball sacks?

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-14 11:36:43

So the club's dead.

Atleast i'm fucking trying!

BBS Signature