00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mekboybilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion

48,703 Views | 996 Replies

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 01:43:01

At 12/18/08 02:21 PM, RKThrilla wrote: You can just vote for me for funniest user then.

I took it into consideration; then I discovered I care enough not to give away my vote who thinks he's funnier than he really is. guess I'm a big fag for worrying about awards I seem not to care about.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 01:43:59

well, can't say im not surprised by the snub
doesnt mean i like it

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 01:46:41

At 12/19/08 01:43 AM, TheCatsPajamas wrote: blah blah

Hey look! I made your username better! You can thank me later.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 01:47:25

At 12/19/08 01:43 AM, TheCatsLeotards wrote:
At 12/18/08 02:21 PM, RKThrilla wrote: You can just vote for me for funniest user then.
I took it into consideration; then I discovered I care enough not to give away my vote who thinks he's funnier than he really is. guess I'm a big fag for worrying about awards I seem not to care about.

People like that that are begging for votes, seem like they're the type of people that fish for compliments all the time irl.

Why is it that a man can't hold another man's scrotum in the palm of his hand (as an act of friendship) without risking being called a member of the homosexual community?

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 02:58:07

At 12/19/08 01:46 AM, IblameLeoforthis wrote: Hey look! I made your username better! You can thank me later.

it's later now. It's not hard to improve on shit, but still. I figure you're humouring me, since that's what my alias was nodding towards to begin with, but I thought I'd clarify just in case.

At 12/19/08 01:47 AM, Sabotage wrote: People like that that are begging for votes, seem like they're the type of people that fish for compliments all the time irl.

yeah, I forgot how fun it is to watch these topics for the people that post in them about three times a page or so. There are always at least a couple. It's like their health was directly connected to the popularity/prosperity of the thread. It'd be kind of sad if it wasn't so funny; how these people are seeing their efforts during the year slip through their fingers as they grope at it like it's water as no one notices them for the nth year in a row. It is convenient that the quota I pulled out of my hat is one above the amount of posts I will have on this page.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 03:39:28

At 12/18/08 03:44 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 12/18/08 03:40 PM, darknessdweller wrote:
AW COME ON!!!! I lost by a fucking flip!?
If it makes you feel any better, I still think you're an awful user.

Well said, space cowboy.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 07:13:52

At 12/19/08 06:29 AM, Fyndir wrote:
At 12/19/08 02:58 AM, TheCatsLeotards wrote: how these people are seeing their efforts during the year slip through their fingers as they grope at it like it's water as no one notices them for the nth year in a row.
Do you honestly think people take the awards that seriously?

I mean, I know there's some joking "OH GOD I MUST WIN" posts from some people, but I just can't imagine anyone truly TRULY caring if they win or not.

No, I think people might care if they win or not. But I think they don't care if other people win.

Jeeeeealousyyyyyyyy

Look what it's done to you.
Look what it's done to me.

I'd like to see how this pans out, I'll probably just pay a closer attention to the winners of the positive awards. Other than that, normality will be restored.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 07:56:00

I don't know how the hell Malachy has been nominated for worst mod... he's one of the best mods on the team IMO, although that might just be from a mod's perspective. I guess the rest of y'all think differently.

Doubt he really gives a shit, but hey. YOU GOT MY UNOFFICIAL VOTE FOR BEST MOD, MAL. <3

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 09:42:57

Morichax shouldn't win rookie as she has been around for ages. I wanted Redcircle to win best mod and miss yew, oh well :(

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 10:40:13

Well it's a sort of relief that I didn't make my way on the Voting thread as "Drama Queen". Or "Biggest Attention Whore". Congrats to those that made it on, and to the other nominees on their categories.

XBL Gamertag: TrainerMarcus

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 11:02:04

Well i don't see myself winning but i'm just glad i got to the final, thanks for everyone who has voted for me so for and those that vote for me later on.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 11:19:55

At 12/19/08 11:02 AM, LampFace wrote: Well i don't see myself winning but i'm just glad i got to the final, thanks for everyone who has voted for me so for and those that vote for me later on.

I'm actually in the same situation with the same award, although I can see you winning quite easily. It's all between you and Mori right now, but I am hoping that I will do alright in this final thread and that in the end it will all end up with everyone having similar scores to add a bit of drama to them. I hope RohanTheBarbarian will do well in them too, since he really deserves some recognition for his great posts and attitude.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 19:26:38

Funniest User

Idiot-Finder

I Miss Yew

Takeshima

Best Moderator

Kirk-Cocaine

Worst Moderator

Zendra

Best Poster

Bahamut

I guess that's all can think of.

"If there's no reason to live, then what makes your life worth living? Life can always have Misery!"

Pinoy Club

-----Thanks to Zero2562130 for my sig and profile pic re-do----

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 19:37:08

I'm glad I wasn't for nominated for anything.

Reason being:
I don't want to receive fame or hatred for posting on the BBS.

I'm going to put in my selections, but I'll try to avoid sections that are only meant to put down users.

Mr. C (Since June 7th, 2001)

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 19:46:45

At 12/19/08 07:37 PM, MrCongeniality wrote: I'm glad I wasn't for nominated for anything.

Reason being:
I don't want to receive fame or hatred for posting on the BBS.

Agreed. It's no use too anyways, unless NG is a real world. I don't wanna be part of anything but a post maker in NG.

"If there's no reason to live, then what makes your life worth living? Life can always have Misery!"

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 19:57:25

At 12/19/08 07:49 PM, RKThrilla wrote:
Are you so sure it isn't?

I'll never know.. unless I get an award, which is so unlikely.

Pinoy Club

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 23:17:45

At 12/19/08 07:46 PM, Fyndir wrote:
At 12/19/08 07:37 PM, MrCongeniality wrote: I'm going to put in my selections, but I'll try to avoid sections that are only meant to put down users.
Yet you voted for both Worst Mod and Worst Poster.

Interesting.

I didn't even vote it seems. Look at my posts.

Errrr maybe it got deleted. I don't understand why.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 23:20:14

By the way, when it comes to certain users, you like HAVE to vote, and in this case I did vote for worst poster because of that. I didn't mean to put down anyone on worst moderator though, I just thought hmmmm....ok! Haven't seen this person on ever. WORST EVAR! ha.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 23:21:11

At 12/19/08 07:26 PM, LeeJaySan wrote: I guess that's all can think of.

Nominations are over, dude. That's why the thread was locked.

hi

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 23:34:30

Oh yeah, I HAD to vote for worst user and moderator anyways, because the rules say to VOTE FOR ALL CATEGORIES. I just wish someone else I had in mind had been nominated for worst poster, but out of the 5 we were given, the person I voted for would be number 2 on my OVERALL (More than 5) list.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 23:42:01

I can't believe all this planning is going to go to waste because you scags are too fucking pussy to man up and vote for someone other than ultrabear.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-19 23:55:43

I am confindent that everyone i vote for will win

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-20 00:14:08

At 12/19/08 11:42 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I can't believe all this planning is going to go to waste because you scags are too fucking pussy to man up and vote for someone other than ultrabear.

It's like "If you build it, they will come"

Except, this time, it's:
"If you nominate him/her, they will vote"

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-20 00:40:09

At 12/20/08 12:14 AM, MrCongeniality wrote:
At 12/19/08 11:42 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I can't believe all this planning is going to go to waste because you scags are too fucking pussy to man up and vote for someone other than ultrabear.
It's like "If you build it, they will come"

Except, this time, it's:
"If you nominate him/her, they will vote"

Well, in that case I can't believe all this planning is going to go to waste because you scags were too fucking pussy to man up and nominate someone other than ultrabear.

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-20 03:39:37

Man, a lot of these finalists seriously don't deserve to make it past noms. It's kind of pissing me off.

Drama Queen
cellardoor6
Josh
MidnightHowl
TSStudios
WadeFulp

What the fuck, how is SockMyDink not on this? That guy spawned, like, 2 weeks of really ridiculous shit,and sporadic episodes following the main event. Who the fuck is MidnightHowl? And how is Josh a drama queen? He's not a drama queen, he's just a whore, and should've made it further into the nominations for Attention Whore.

I Miss Yew
cellardoor6

What the fuck, he left the same fucking week the nominations began, or at least close to it. He's been gone a couple of weeks. He hasn't been gone long enough to miss, and honestly, even if he had been gone longer, why would you miss HIM more than so many other people who should be missed?

Best Artist

The lack of Catoblepas shocks and perturbs me.

Most Improved
ZeroAsALimit

Honestly, I thought he did better last year, not this one.

Most Overrated
Bolo

Since when the fuck is Bolo over-rated? He's not fawned over like so many other users are, and yet the guy actually has some decent chops. He deserves some credit, you fucks.

Most Underrated

Nobody ain't givin' JackPhantasm no love. This is fucking bullshit. Give credit where credit is due. I mean, I won this one last year, but honestly, given his posts over the last year, Jack really deserves more attention than he gets.

Worst Poster
Kagoe

She may not be a GOOD poster, but she's not the WORST. Shit, I bet she got this because so many of you little 14 year old punks just resent her for not being a slut and showing her tits on the forums, or associate her with her brother.

Best Poster
Corky52

who the fuck is this gentleman

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i

oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-20 05:47:30

ultra bear is inactive?

my bad.

I voted for him because his name is awesome.

Sorry.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-20 05:48:57

At 12/20/08 03:39 AM, Luxury-Yacht wrote:
Kagoe
She may not be a GOOD poster, but she's not the WORST.

the fact that she's been the same brain-dead idiot for the whole year makes her the worst. She's been showing no signs of improvement. She lacks the ability to counter an argument, make a funny joke outside of a comedy thread or anything else that makes a great poster.

You seriously can't nominate like some newbie who's been on the BBS for like 2 months and is a total retard, he has to be here from like say Feb and show no signs of intelligence throughout his entire tenure posting on the BBS.

That's my opinion on the matter anyway. BTW, I agree with you on the fact that nobody shows Jack any love.

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-20 06:12:36

At 12/20/08 05:48 AM, Sawdust wrote:
That's my opinion on the matter anyway. BTW, I agree with you on the fact that nobody shows Jack any love.

It's a taboo really. The truly underrated just don't get mentioned at all. It's a silly award imo, a nice one, but it's probably the award that doesn't reflect what should possibly be the right outcome the most.

Sorry if that sounds bad, best way I could think to phrase it all.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-20 06:40:30

At 12/20/08 06:15 AM, ShortMonkey wrote: I voted Afro-Ninja as worst moderator by random, and now I realised I should've voted UltraBear.

Sure, if you wanted your vote to make you look like a spineless rimlicker.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to 2008 Bbs Awards: Discussion 2008-12-20 07:14:05

At 12/20/08 03:39 AM, Luxury-Yacht wrote:
Best Poster
Corky52
who the fuck is this gentleman

He's a really well celebrated user over in Where is/ How to?, and his posts are far higher quality than those of most users on the site by far. He's also teamed up with RohanTheBarbarian to create a few portal submissions helping people on the BBS and the portal to make higher quality posts and reviews, as well as flagging guides. These are all really helpful, and I took quite a while before I decided to not vote for him.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature