00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MC4HJW just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are you a lost boy?

2,896 Views | 39 Replies

Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 17:03:36

when I was working at Canadian Tire, one lunch break some one brought up dead-beat dads. Every guy exclaimed how their Dad had never been around for their entire child hood. Mine included (I have met him once in my entire life). I made a joke how every one at Canadian Tire was a group of the lost boys. Kind of gay but not having your dad in your life is pretty bunk. Less money, no male role model in the house hold, etc. If your father is also a really mean asshole who treats your family like shit, I am sure that's also applicable. Any one else out there have no/bad dad as well?

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 17:06:19

my dad left when i was 2

Hey, ass hole, apples?

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 17:11:29

I still have my father, but I grew up without him, I never lived with him except from when I've visited him and when I was a small child. I still had a comfortable childhood though, but I'm sure it would've been a bit different with my father around..

Having one family with your real father and mother is a dream though, hehe, lucky kids who've got that!

onna site keikan/alt

«¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥» «¥»

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 17:13:54

At 12/1/08 05:11 PM, AllReligiousDrunk wrote: I still have my father, but I grew up without him, I never lived with him except from when I've visited him and when I was a small child. I still had a comfortable childhood though, but I'm sure it would've been a bit different with my father around..

Having one family with your real father and mother is a dream though, hehe, lucky kids who've got that!

Not really I have one family a mom and a step dad and I hate it! So much so that im dead on the inside.

Hey, ass hole, apples?

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 17:13:56

I didn't know my dad until I was 14, I knew him for a couple of months, then he had a heart attack.

Life's a bitch.

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 17:15:08

I'm only 15, but I still got both my parents livin together

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 17:17:43

At 12/1/08 05:11 PM, AllReligiousDrunk wrote: I still had a comfortable childhood though, but I'm sure it would've been a bit different with my father around..

Yeah life is good here too. My mom had to work 3 different jobs at one point just to make rent.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 18:45:05

At 12/1/08 05:15 PM, El-Duego wrote: I'm only 15, but I still got both my parents livin together

Good for you. Stupid asshole.

My dad was a drunk who cheated on my mom and then divorced her when I was 4. Then, he was supposed to have us at his house every other weekend (fri night-sun night), plus every other holiday, plus a month in the summer, plus dinner once a week.

He took us one night every other week. Most of the time though we would go for a month without seeing him. Never saw him on a holiday. Never spent more than 3 days at his house. Bastard barely fed us when we went there. He only sent $300 a month to us for child support (that was for 3 kids) and got out of alimony. He took care of his new wifes kids better than his real kids. He did everything for them and would rarely ever even rent a movie for us. Now let me ask you, how would you feel if your father would be a loving father to kids that weren't his, and treat his kids like shit? Fuck, I never even met his side of the family. If I were to see one I'd say: "who the hell are you?"

Why am I so pissy all the time? That's why.

I don't have a dad. I don't got a male role model. I don't have any men to look up to. I'd rather not known my father than to have what I have.

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 18:46:51

My parents are still around. I dunno. People use not having a parent around as a scapegoat for pretty much everything.

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 18:48:04

At 12/1/08 06:46 PM, PsycoticDemon wrote: My parents are still around. I dunno. People use not having a parent around as a scapegoat for pretty much everything.

You can really know unless it happened to you.

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 18:49:19

YEAH, CANADIAN TIRE.
REP IT UP.

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 18:49:41

At 12/1/08 05:13 PM, RockinPunk wrote: I didn't know my dad until I was 14, I knew him for a couple of months, then he had a heart attack.

Life's a bitch.

I'm not a boy, but.. My dad had a heart attack when I was 11.
Two years ago.
Then again, I hadn't seen him in around two years.
So it's been since I was about 7.
He was never there. :|

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 18:50:01

My dad's great.
it's my mom whom I hate.

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 18:51:32

My Mom and Dad are both good, But my Uncle is a Fucking Asswipe.

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 18:57:44

My Dad worked his ass off for me, my two brothers and my Mom. My Mom's having an affair on him and my brother rules the house as a drug lord. Dad's got shit all over for no reason. Keeps his chin up though. Very honorable man, regardless of how much he worked. I know it was all for us even if he wasnt around much.

¤´¨)

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)

(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤[Rooby.22's Tunes]

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 19:05:36

my dad left me wen i waz 2 then i think my mom founded im or sumthin n he n my mom started talkin on email n phone
loss contact 4 a yr or 2, then came in contact again n had his myspace 4 a few months n then dat bastard
deleted me from his myspace
n loss contact again, really i dont care, i hate im

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 19:10:24

At 12/1/08 06:55 PM, Eggys wrote: Families aren't normal anymore

I've got a good relationship with my dad even though it's not really an honest one. Still I feel bad for those who don't have one.

Yeah, I see mine maybe 2-3 times a year for at least a month a pece because I live on the other side of the country from him (he's lived in Massachusetts since I was born and I moved around a lot because I am a military brat due to my step-dad). But I like him a lot and respect him quite a bit.

I have gotten to the age where I like and respect almost all of my 4 parents. We are more friends than the parent/son relationship, and this lifts quite a bit of tension.

Fancy Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 19:14:50

At 12/1/08 05:13 PM, awsome-o123 wrote: Not really I have one family a mom and a step dad and I hate it! So much so that im dead on the inside.

I love my step-dad, we get along so well and he treats me like his own son... seeing as I've been with him since I was around 4. You can't hate your step-parent you just don't like them.

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 19:28:18

At 12/1/08 07:05 PM, rockinspades wrote: loss contact 4 a yr or 2, then came in contact again n had his myspace 4 a few months n then dat bastard deleted me from his myspace

Your dad's being a bad parent while being hip with the kids.

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 19:30:23

My dad left me when I was born, he returned when I was like about 5 years old I think.

He visits now but I still think hes a fucker for leaving my behind.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 19:31:41

No, but I have a friend who has never met his dad either.Does that count?

I like potatoes! This is awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 19:47:15

My dad kills me via second-hand smoke, then everyone at school thinks I smoke because I smell like smoke, and colonge or deoderant doesn't work, either. Not the worst dad ever, but he's pretty bad. (Also he's divorced)

Signature.

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 19:50:40

At 12/1/08 05:03 PM, swaenK wrote: Less money, no male role model in the house hold, etc. If your father is also a really mean asshole who treats your family like shit, I am sure that's also applicable. Any one else out there have no/bad dad as well?

on the bright side, you made it w/o him!

AMV? In case you were wondering how I was blinded and why I am make shoes, click on my sig to find out. NAO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 20:08:33

Papa can you hear me!?

aaa

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 20:18:52

People of this generation, prevent this from happening when you're older in order to secure the next generation. Currently in the United States, divorce rate is nearly 50%. We can fix this, and make sure that we don't fail as hard as the last adults.

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 20:22:08

my dad left when i was 3

Because of that im not going to have children, i don't feel that i know how to be a father after not having a father growing up

The redesign happened, now my signature doesn't match anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 20:23:12

I'm just a small town girl
Living in a lonely world

But I plan to take a midnight train going AAAAANYYYYWHEEEEEEEEEEERE!!!

Old Man: Conan...What is best in life?

Conan: Crush your enemies...See them driven before you...And hear the lamentation of their women

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 20:52:36

This is a tough subject for me, and one I feel I need to confront. My girlfriend has spent a great deal of time talking to me about it, but maybe typing about it here will help me. I'll also paste this into a blog on my userpage for further comments.

I don't want to speak ill of my father. When I was growing up he was my best friend, my role model, and the one person in this world I most wanted to be like. We spent hours watching sport together, chatting together about everything and anything. I thought he was the best Dad in the world. He supported me through school, helped me when I was struggling with something, or upset about something, and was the driving force behind where I am today. Some would say he pushed me, I would say he was proud of me and wanted me to go as far as I could, and I want to think I have made him proud.

As the years went by he spent less and less time at home. I knew he was driven by his work, he was immensely proud of the work he did (a cancer researcher, who in his latter years was head of biology at UCL, and now has 5 separate drugs in clinical trials for various cancer types), and he travelled a great deal for that work. I didn't question it.

When I was 16 (7 years ago now) I discovered he was having an affair. I don't know if he wanted me to find out, he gave me his email password so that I could use his account, back in the days I didn't use the internet and had no email address. I stumbled across an email addressed to him from a woman I didn't recognise, and curious about the title I opened it.

We never talked about it, and I even convinced myself that he was in the right. My Mum can be hard to live with at times, and I thought maybe he deserved a chance with someone else. I was always much closer to my Dad than my Mum, and I simply couldn't bring myself to blame him. I didn't get chance to resent him for not being at home as I left for university at 18, to Bath, the same place he and my Mum had studied. I didn't know if my Mum knew, or my younger sister, and we simply never spoke of it.

On the 23rd of May this year my Dad died of a heart attack, with no warning, at the age of 49. He was in good shape, didn't smoke, hardly drank, and had a reasonable diet. The pathology report said it was simply bad luck, though possibly stress had been a factor. There was also a genetic link that may also affect me.

After 6 years of hiding his secrets I had a chat with my Mum. The affair had been going on for 10 years, and she had known about it from the start. The other woman was his secretary, and they had been living together for some time. My Mum had hidden it from us for that entire time, not knowing that I knew (and my sister had also found out independently 3 years ago). Every day, once we had gone to school, she would sit at home and cry her eyes out. The only thing stopping her from throwing him out was us, and I guess the hope that he would someday come around and come back to us.

He had lied to us, to the other woman, and to work for that entire time, sometimes for no reason at all. He even told my Mum that he had told us about his affair, which he never did, and made her even more distraught. My fathers family is deeply religious (something my Mum's side very much isn't), and his Dad (my grandfather) would never have spoken to him again had he known. When my grandfather passed away last year my father tried to arrange a meeting with his other woman and my Nan. She threw him out. For the last year of his life my Dad had been telling my Nan that he wanted to move back to Devon to look after her, his other woman that he wanted to move to Devon with her, and my Mum that he wanted to move there with her, apparently reconciling his differences, or so my Mum thought. I don't know if he was just confused, or whether he had grown so used to lying that he didn't know when to stop.

I loved my Dad, and it hurts me deeply to think that I didn't really know him at all. I never would have thought he could lie to us, or hurt us the way he did. He had a whole other personality that I never knew existed. The man I knew was the best father in the world, and I want to remember him like that. I regret not confronting him about everything, and I regret not talking to my Mum- we are now closer than we have ever been thanks to all of this, and I can only imagine the pain she has been through all these years protecting myself and my sister.

He was my role model. I don't want to be like him anymore.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 20:57:02

Wow Sentio

That is extremely well-written, touching, and heartbreaking

Old Man: Conan...What is best in life?

Conan: Crush your enemies...See them driven before you...And hear the lamentation of their women

BBS Signature

Response to Are you a lost boy? 2008-12-01 20:59:01

Girls can be lost too :p

My dad left my mom when I was four. Luckily my mom's great though. I'll always wonder though...

Peace and love will are keepin me whole,

cause I've got music in my soul.