00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KI1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Working on a dragon

2,565 Views | 34 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Working on a dragon 2007-03-21 18:04:16

Okay, I'm working on a dragon(duh) and I would like to know your comments.
I started drawing it with a pencil on a paper,then I scanned it and went over the outlines with the brush(easier to color) now I colored it but I'm not really happy with the color so I would like to know what you guys think.I haven't done any background or shading, just so that you guys know.
This is what I came up with and I'll post the outlines in one minute.
Again comments, critics and ratings are welcome.

Working on a dragon

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-21 18:06:30

Here are the outlines, I am feeling patient so I could restart over if you guys think a color might be better.

Working on a dragon

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-21 18:21:48

At 3/21/07 06:07 PM, ultim8dude wrote:
At 3/21/07 06:06 PM, zef7 wrote: Here are the outlines, I am feeling patient so I could restart over if you guys think a color might be better.
legs are 2 small

Ok,I'll work on it later.Btw, I realized that the outlines were darker on the legs.

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-21 21:01:30

At 3/21/07 06:07 PM, ultim8dude wrote:
At 3/21/07 06:06 PM, zef7 wrote: Here are the outlines, I am feeling patient so I could restart over if you guys think a color might be better.
legs are 2 small

oh really, I think they look just fine

If life lets you down, remember you were the fastest sperm to the egg

BBS Signature

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-21 21:28:41

Needs a longer snout, long and slender with BIG teeth, only two coming from the upper jaw going down, in the front. Other than that, it's not bad.

Please post in My Art Thread!

| your- possesive | you're- you are | ur- not a word | their- belonging to them | there- referring to place | they're- they are |

GET IT RIGHT.

BBS Signature

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 15:43:12

Ok thanks everybody, I'll show the new update later(going to soccer practice),any comments on the color,does it look fine or should I change it??

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 15:50:36

100% change ze color

BBS Signature

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 19:00:33

At 3/22/07 03:50 PM, Master117chief wrote: 100% change ze color

in what?green,pink,.... that's why I made this thread, to get advice from people not only change ze color!!

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 19:24:01

At 3/21/07 08:42 PM, NewShape wrote: nice bird

nice bird

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 20:10:35

At 3/22/07 07:24 PM, somebody wrote:
At 3/21/07 08:42 PM, NewShape wrote: nice bird
nice bird

Why do you persist in calling something a bird when the creator CLEARLY referred to it as a dragon? You did this on another thread, Somebody, so don't give me that lame "But dragons don't exist!'' crud. I already heard it once, and I certainly don't want to hear it again. With all due respect, if you can't open up your imagination, then I suggest that you get off the art forum.
And about the picture... the dragon doesn't look 3 dimensional. It could use some shading, and a bit of work on the head. The legs, too, but people have already mentioned that. Otherwise, it looks fine

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 20:19:40

At 3/22/07 08:10 PM, Assuni wrote: Why do you persist in calling something a bird when the creator CLEARLY referred to it as a dragon? You did this on another thread, Somebody, so don't give me that lame "But dragons don't exist!'' crud. I already heard it once, and I certainly don't want to hear it again. With all due respect, if you can't open up your imagination, then I suggest that you get off the art forum.

It looks like a bird to me... I'm sorry if I offended you. I hope we can still be friends?

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 20:24:06

dinosaurs can't "fly" sorry to burst your bubble flagged as innacurate

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 20:31:22

At 3/21/07 08:42 PM, NewShape wrote:
Why do you persist in calling something a bird when the creator CLEARLY referred to it as a dragon? You did this on another thread, Somebody, so don't give me that lame "But dragons don't exist!'' crud. I already heard it once, and I certainly don't want to hear it again. With all due respect, if you can't open up your imagination, then I suggest that you get off the art forum.
And about the picture... the dragon doesn't look 3 dimensional. It could use some shading, and a bit of work on the head. The legs, too, but people have already mentioned that. Otherwise, it looks fine.

Thank you for opening the mind of these two guys.I tried to fix the legs but it didn't turn out to good so I kept them like on the first picture.I added bigger teeth and some shading(by my own and then with lightning effects, the wings are kinda weird/cool with it)
I am working on a green dragon with red design on it, but the green turned out too much like grass,I'll finish it, though.Tell me what you think about it.What details can I add on the head??
BTW, this is how I like comments, not insulting,helpful and with an opinion, thanks.
Here is the new version but not done.

Working on a dragon

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 20:34:43

With a simple background
I hope it's not a bad quality

Working on a dragon

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 20:40:02

At 3/22/07 08:36 PM, ultim8dude wrote: 1 tooth's colored, and the body's too big compared to the legs/arms

Yeah that's right but ALL the tooth are colored, it's only that the "main" tooth is red and the other are "normal" color.I might fix my pic later but I'm working on something else, another monster for "tiràthia "...
Btw, nice art thread.

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 21:59:38

I wasn't talking to you, NewShape. I didn't know why you called it a bird when I was typing, but I was browsing another dragon art thread, and Somebody was on there, too, calling the dragon a bird because, quote, "Dragons aren't real." And that's interesting, what you said. Birds and dragons being connected.
And the picture looks much better than the first, with the back ground added. While it could be more detailed (the background, I mean), if you're working on something else, then I won't complain if that's all you're going to do with the dragon.

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 22:02:21

At 3/22/07 09:25 PM, NewShape wrote: dont mind me this guys obviously nuts or something
technically dragons were birds originally though and evolved to be other stuff
Like dogs were originally wolves
Its called politcal correctness, the other guy is nuts.

Go back to hell monster

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 22:37:36

I didn't say that I personally believe that dragons exist. And in some cultures, people do believe that dragons exist. Not only that, they also believe that dragons truley are related to birds. I was saying that what you said was interesting because I just happened to be studying up on the history of the belief in dragons around the world. In Christianity, some people evenbelieve that the Devil takes the form of a dragon.

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 22:41:04

You need to make it have more texture. Try adding muscles or scales to it.

Not really to sure. But I know it needs more detail.

BBS Signature

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-22 22:41:28

*snaps* Ears. Make a little triangle in one of the spikes on the back of the head, and color that a lighter shade than the skin around it for ears. That's what it's missing.

| your- possesive | you're- you are | ur- not a word | their- belonging to them | there- referring to place | they're- they are |

GET IT RIGHT.

BBS Signature

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-23 08:52:10

yeh just remove those colors... head yellow and orange body its kinda weird... do a silver dragon its better

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-23 12:48:49

do a blue dragon
and try to shade

BBS Signature

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-23 15:53:24

At 3/22/07 10:39 PM, NewShape wrote: OH okay I get it now okay were cool then

So basically its just Somebody and the topic starter.

I never siad that dragons were birds!!!It's only Somebody and yu who said it.otherwise thank you for the comments, I'm gonna work on it.

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-23 16:33:43

what do you guys think of this,I'm just trying to get a better color effect.
Comments,opinion and ratings are welcome.

Working on a dragon

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-23 20:46:09

Note the red marks for differences. This is how I would modify it, and how I did just that.

Working on a dragon

GET IT RIGHT.

BBS Signature

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-23 21:07:47

At 3/23/07 08:46 PM, IBx1 wrote: Note the red marks for differences. This is how I would modify it, and how I did just that.

Thanks, helped a lot.

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-24 18:05:49

Ok, this is the final version except if someone that it can be easily improved.I know that the furthest away wing is kinda weird (I guess I'm too lazy).Btw, sorry, I couldn't do the scale (I'm not a really good artist yet) but I think your comments helped me a lot, thanks NG!!

Working on a dragon

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-24 22:13:26

is that a bird?

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-24 22:20:45

At 3/24/07 10:13 PM, pokekid1 wrote: is that a bird?

Read the topic title, its a dragon.

Response to Working on a dragon 2007-03-24 23:38:43

Not bad, glad you took my pointers.

GET IT RIGHT.

BBS Signature