00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ThanksDennis just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Band of NG banned users!!!

2,968 Views | 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-01 15:12:53

shhh!! (don't tell the NG admin, but we'll organize a revolt against those evil mod-sods!! ;)

many ppl are getting banned from NG for 3 days, or much longer, and sometimes <deleted> ..so post what happened to get you banned so others will know what's "illegal" on here.

btw, DON'T talk about pirated software! </OUCH>

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-01 16:57:44

I got banned for typing in excessive caps (don't know why that's illegal), banned for being to unsulting in my post, making spam topics, posting things like: ......... and .....uuuuhhh huuuuh......, and like two for no reason. Let's see, that would be....about seven times.

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-01 17:21:29

At 3/1/03 05:01 PM, Tool_Of_The_System wrote: I brought back a 7 month old topic on how women are evil... so I'm in.

Haha, was that "All Women are Sluts"? You didnt get banned for that, did you?

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-01 21:53:38

The Man With The Golden Gun was banned? KICK ASS!

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-01 22:40:27

ive been banned several times for posting inecent little goatse. I just don't understand, its discrimination damnit!

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-01 23:25:19

I got banned for bringing back old topics. Strangely I was sleeping when the ban was issued. Never seen it comming.

BTW do banned people still have the ability to read topics?

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-02 03:17:16

i revived 2 topics that had almost 2 years without a single reply, i dont know y it bothered them so much

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-02 03:19:00

At 3/1/03 11:25 PM, DIGITAL_GHOST wrote: I got banned for bringing back old topics. Strangely I was sleeping when the ban was issued. Never seen it comming.

BTW do banned people still have the ability to read topics?

yes u can, the only thing u cant do is post

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-02 11:26:03

i remeber i got band, but only once, for posting this website where this annoying pop-up comes, and if you click and try to delete it, it multiplys so you have to restart your computer

here it is www.youdontknowwhoiam.org
I strongly think you guys shouldnt go there, unless you guys wanna restart your omputer
I REPEAT DO NOT GO INTO THAT LINK UNLESS YOU WANNA RESTART YOUR COMPUTER

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-02 12:47:13

Bring back old topics for no reason serves no purpose at all. Its like "look at this old topic, didnt get many replies." Guess what? It still wont. It just clutters the BBS and usually people are too dumb to check the original topic date, so half the new posts, if there are any, are just people being confused. Everytime that "Am i first?" topic comes back some idiot is always like "WHAT? I dont notice anything new about the BBS!!"

Plus mods cant preform functions on topics over 7 days old.

I think they should store the "last access" date and then delete the topic if it hasnt been opened in like a year.

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-02 14:29:57

At 3/2/03 12:47 PM, TannerCenterwallESQ wrote:
Plus mods cant preform functions on topics over 7 days old.

i wanna thank Tanner for posting some of the "behind-the-scenes" screen-shots and responding to complaints (the "why me" queries) ..and being generous with mod info.

I think they should store the "last access" date and then delete the topic if it hasnt been opened in like a year.

Perfection!!
I second this!
But i'd add this clause; "..AND AS SUCH, THE "LAST ACCESS" DATE ON EACH TOPIC MUST BE VISIBLE TO USERS"

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-02 21:14:26

I've been banned for posting edited user pictures and spamming the blam club topic, which is essentially spam anyway.

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-02 22:09:01

At 3/2/03 09:14 PM, I_Got_Lost wrote: I've been banned for posting edited user pictures and spamming the blam club topic, which is essentially spam anyway.

ummmm hmmmm whY do we get in the first place is free country right IF SO I POST IN ALL CAPS LOCKS AND I ALREADY DO DUMB SHIT LIKE POST ..............HHHMMMM UUHHHH WHA ............ZZZZZZZZZZZZ THATS ILLEGAL THEN I WILL DIE FROM BANNING UNLESS I GET COCREN ON YOU PPPL

?;^O

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-02 22:22:16

At 3/2/03 11:26 AM, Mojimbo wrote: i remeber i got band, but only once, for posting this website where this annoying pop-up comes, and if you click and try to delete it, it multiplys so you have to restart your computer

here it is www.youdontknowwhoiam.org
I strongly think you guys shouldnt go there, unless you guys wanna restart your omputer
I REPEAT DO NOT GO INTO THAT LINK UNLESS YOU WANNA RESTART YOUR COMPUTER

Mojimbo there is a way to close all those annoying things.... just hit ctrl alt delete and hit end task on the first one. It should close all of them.... i had 49 open and closed them in one click =D

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-02 22:53:55

You can get banned just for that stuff. Wow the people at NG are really strict.

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-03 00:38:41

At 3/2/03 10:09 PM, phoenixsamurai wrote: ummmm hmmmm whY do we get in the first place is free country right

I dont really know what you posted, but if its that stupid "free country" crap, then forget it. Doesnt apply to NG.

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-03 19:25:00

At 3/2/03 12:47 PM, TannerCenterwallESQ wrote: Bring back old topics for no reason serves no purpose at all.

OMG..sorry, i didn't know that bringing back old topics pissed ppl off, so i'm sorry for any trouble i mgiht have caused

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-04 01:28:32

At 3/3/03 07:25 PM, InfernusFurialis wrote:
At 3/2/03 12:47 PM, TannerCenterwallESQ wrote: Bring back old topics for no reason serves no purpose at all.
OMG..sorry, i didn't know that bringing back old topics pissed ppl off, so i'm sorry for any trouble i mgiht have caused

what i do is link to them in a new topic, and let some other hapless n00b revive them for me 8:<>

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-04 08:35:11

This is just saying you want to get banned again, pretty much.

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-04 10:31:29

At 3/2/03 02:29 PM, Judge_DREDD wrote:
Perfection!!
I second this!
But i'd add this clause; "..AND AS SUCH, THE "LAST ACCESS" DATE ON EACH TOPIC MUST BE VISIBLE TO USERS"

I third it! A good idea, because I think some people may just not know any better or something, and if we got rid of those kinds of topics, then maybe mods wouldn't have to be so hard on people's dumber topics, like instead of needing to ban and lock everything for the sake of space they could be like "please turn this topic into something intelligent, or we lock" because the space would be availible to do that. Just a suggestion.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-05 06:31:43

At 3/1/03 03:12 PM, Judge_DREDD wrote: shhh!! (don't tell the NG admin, but we'll organize a revolt against those evil mod-sods!! ;)

many ppl are getting banned from NG for 3 days, or much longer, and sometimes <deleted> ..so post what happened to get you banned so others will know what's "illegal" on here.

i was banned for making a f*** _lighting_ club. dont click on his link 'click here for NG secret' unless you want to restart your computer

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-05 08:11:37

:alrigth.

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-05 11:37:35

i never got banned.... i feal left out.........

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-05 15:05:47

I was banned for "reviving crappy topics" (basically I just took like 2 or 4 REALLY old topics and brought them to the front page!!!)

I'll join!

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-05 15:26:21

I got banned yesterday for putting one stfu picture up. That's the first, and hopefully last, time i get banned. Unless I scratch my ass the wrong way and get banned for 3 days, I guess i'll see.

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-05 15:28:43

At 3/5/03 03:05 PM, Pimpin_car_lover wrote: I was banned for "reviving crappy topics" (basically I just took like 2 or 4 REALLY old topics and brought them to the front page!!!)

I'll join!

I just got banned from the GSA in five minutes because I posted this! www.youdontknowwhoiam.org (I also strongly urge you DO NOT GO THERE) Wow. That site is the most powerful I know!!!

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-05 20:01:52

Never been banned thank god

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-05 22:09:19

Your site is no match for my popup killer, LOL.

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-05 23:05:04

Well I haven't been banned but I will be very shortly.... I just used excessive caps. I didn't know it was illegal... how long do ya get banned for that?

Response to Band of NG banned users!!! 2003-03-08 08:43:36

At 3/5/03 11:37 AM, BuckeyesNate wrote: i never got banned.... i feal left out.........

nm, i got banned, and i dont want it to happen again!