00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dexxterzlab just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Going back where I came from

1,460 Views | 13 Replies

Going back where I came from 2006-07-25 21:48:51

Southern California is shit, I wouldn't recommend living here. 95-110 degrees outside during the day, about 90 at night, and the only form of air conditioning I have is a ceiling fan that could easily pass as a private jet at takeoff thrust stationed in the next room. Too bad it doesn't actually cool anything down, it just sucks all the air out of the house and spits it outside, speeding up the temperature equilibrium process slightly.

Good thing I only have to endure one more day of this nonsense, at which point I'll be boarding my plane and flying back to Australia, where I'll be staying for roughly three weeks. Wandering around in the freezing winter that I so fondly remember and visiting all the historical landmarks that I still vaguley remember from childhood, as well as stopping by to chat with the 90% of my family relatives that still live there. Sure as hell a better use of time than sitting around the house all day because it's so hot outside that you don't really feel like doing anything.

Staying at a family friend's house, as a sort of exhange for them staying over here for the past few days, though I'm not sure why anyone would voluntarily come here during the summer, especially since there's not exactly a whole lot to do here. Southern California isn't exactly the sort of place I'd think of if I wanted to go sightseeing, especially when you're already doing your best to avoid the outdoors.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Going back where I came from 2006-07-25 21:51:58

I think someone needs a hug.

I'm more fond of cold weather also. The heat gets everyone in a worse mood.

Response to Going back where I came from 2006-07-25 21:53:27

Aussie Australia for life.

Response to Going back where I came from 2006-07-25 22:57:53

Have fun on holiday!

Take lots of pictures, I don't think many of us have seen Australian winter. :)

Response to Going back where I came from 2006-07-25 23:03:25

I have is a ceiling fan that could easily pass as a private jet at takeoff thrust stationed in the next room

That's funny.

I prefer the cold too.

Response to Going back where I came from 2006-07-25 23:49:29

I thought you were used to heat, being an Aussie.

The temperatures are just as bad here in eastern Washington, btw.

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to Going back where I came from 2006-07-25 23:52:16

I absolutely love Maine in the summer. Not too hot, but it's warm during the day and cool at night. But then, when winter hits it, it's cold all around. I'd like to live in a place like Hawaii during the winter and go to Maine in the summer.

BBS Signature

Response to Going back where I came from 2006-07-25 23:54:31

At 7/25/06 10:57 PM, Maus wrote:
Take lots of pictures, I don't think many of us have seen Australian winter. :)

I'll try. All I have is a regular film camera instead of a digital one, so I might not be able to post any of the ones I manage to take. I need to get with the times, or at least fix my scanner.

At 7/25/06 11:49 PM, Miikro wrote:
I thought you were used to heat, being an Aussie.

I lived in Tasmania, so I'm more used to rain and snow than heat. Hopefully I'll see some while I'm there.

Shit sucks. Hopefully you at least have some real air conditioning.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Going back where I came from 2006-07-25 23:58:05

At 7/25/06 11:54 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: I'll try. All I have is a regular film camera instead of a digital one, so I might not be able to post any of the ones I manage to take. I need to get with the times, or at least fix my scanner.

They have photo places now where they put them on a disk as well as develop the prints for you.

In other words, i REALLY want to see pics! :D

Response to Going back where I came from 2006-07-25 23:58:31

At 7/25/06 11:54 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: I lived in Tasmania, so I'm more used to rain and snow than heat. Hopefully I'll see some while I'm there.

Ah yes, it is substantially more maritime in Tasmania, isn't it? Whenever I hear "Australia" i tend to think of the mainland.. Especially since I know so many people in Gold Coast, or Adelaide.

Shit sucks. Hopefully you at least have some real air conditioning.

I wish. :|

I'm making damn sure that the house I move into has decent AC, though.

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to Going back where I came from 2006-07-26 00:03:01

When in need of 'air conditioning' -

Place a pan of ice in front of a fan. Works wonders. Fans are like, $20 and last 2 years, even if running constantly all summer. :)

Response to Going back where I came from 2006-07-26 00:04:59

At 7/25/06 09:48 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: Southern California is shit,

i'm sorry. here, have an e-cookie!

Going back where I came from

Response to Going back where I came from 2006-07-26 00:20:04

Ya it's pretty hot up here in Canada, 90-100 degrees or so also. Used to be like in the 70's where it was warm, but not too warm, just right... but that was a few years ago, it's really starting to heat up these passed years. I got centeral AC so no worries lol except when the power went out from a major thunderstorm.. we had no AC for a week -.- it was 100+ inside, and very humid :( but now we're good =D