00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Almost-Ichabod just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit

2,597 Views | 20 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Since some people would like to actually get a rating and score out of this via the peer voting system it is going to be done in this thread. Listed below are a few simple rules for this thread.

#1. Do not start any tops or disccussions/questions in this thread. If you want to talk and stuff continue to do so in the orignal thread on the URL listed below.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic.php?id=262471

#2. Only if you have submitted a song to the Battle are you allowed to post here.

#3. If you have submitted a song please upload your song on the Newgrounds.com Audio Portal.

#4. After uploading please make 1 <== I repeat ONE post. With a link to your song along with the title of it.

#5. After11:59PM on Monday afternoon PACIFIC TIME. All people who posted there song for the other song submitters to hear should then rate their 3 favorite songs that they heard.

------- there are not going to be reviews or other junk going with it. It will be as simple as what I list below.

1. Song #1 Your fav ------ 3 points
2. Song #2 2nd fav -------- 2 points
3. Song #3 3rd fav ---------1 point

Everyone will have till Tuesday afternoon at 10PM PACIFIC TIME to submit there 3 fav songs TO ME via email in order.

I AM GOING TO REPEAT ONE THING SO ITS CRYSTAL CLEAR.

ONLY 1 POST FOR YOUR LINK TO THE SONG AND THEN EMAIL ME 1 TIME - WITH YOUR ARTIST NAME IN THE SUBJECT WITH YOUR 3 FAV SONGS IN ORDER. I will not accept any Emails with attatchemts.

My email is MrMcPooner@gmail.com

In addition, naturally no one is allowed to vote for themself.

This will properly select a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner in this battle without all the confusion of reviews by judges and 10 way ties for 1st place.

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-23 04:10:44

Submission here ---> "Abnegated Intercourse"

Audio | Alter | It sounds like a fire hydrant went off in an old folks home with screaming babies field recorded, glitched, and spontaneously played back.

BBS Signature

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-23 04:19:19

Submission Link : http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=1014821&sub=15319

Song Name : Star Wars - To The Dark Side

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-23 04:21:53

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-23 06:18:43

rawr.

BBS Signature

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-23 07:00:36

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-23 09:48:45

Twisted Axe

count me in

Sign up to www.betfair.com and for $50 free bet, just use this referral code: ARXRYXHTR

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-23 10:03:25

I donĀ“t wanna :P

/Rucklo

Wakka wakka

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-23 19:57:21

Bump - So that other contest music submitters may see this topic before 11:59PM tonight.

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-23 19:57:27

MY submission hope i didnt miss the deadline

LINK to my subission
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/view.php?id=799195&sub=24936

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-24 01:03:03

Final Bump - Only 2 hours left till the deadline for posting your link to your uploaded battle song is over.

Please remember 2 email me the top 3 people in order for the point score.

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-24 21:16:11

I have only recieved 1 email so far with only 3 hours and 45 min left.

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-24 21:22:01

At 5/24/05 09:16 PM, MrMcPooner wrote: I have only recieved 1 email so far with only 3 hours and 45 min left.

I have not had the time to listen to all submissions yet. I will get them to you last secound. Sorry to have said this in here but I'm short for time...work sucks. ;)

Audio | Alter | It sounds like a fire hydrant went off in an old folks home with screaming babies field recorded, glitched, and spontaneously played back.

BBS Signature

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-25 00:47:35

NEW DEADLINE

I only got 2 emails saddly, I guess I can wait till tomorrow morning for others to send them. If not I'll just post what I got I suppose, which really wouldnt be the view of a lot of people. I'm getting the feeling that people just wanted to get this over with becuase of how negative it got towards the end, which is understandable. Sort of had a hunch that a lot more people would have send emails due to the 8 links posted...almost think the 2 people who sent an email should be the winners lol.

Thus far only

JohnH2O and TenchuX have sent in an email. I'd really like to have the other 6 people who posted their links send in an email.

New deadline is when I wake up tomorrow morning. It will not be extended. This will be my last post in this thread besides the announcment tomorrow morning.

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-25 18:14:15

FINAL RESULTS IN

I hardly got any emails but here is how it went via the points.

There was a clear #1 and #2 winner and it was Sonic Eclipse and JonH20 - Even if I had seen more emails, I feel that Sonic and Jon would have taken the 1 and 2 slots from their high scores in compairison to everyone else.

1st Place - Sonic Eclipser - 8 points
2nd Place - JonH20 - 7 points
3rd Place - TenchuX - 3points

4th - Chronamut - 2 points
4th - Pandora_Tranquil - 2 points
4th - Relzmall - 2 points

7th - Everyone Else - 0 points - doesn't mean your music was bad, just not enough emails for you to have a chance at a point. GL making music, you all did good.

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-25 21:49:06

sorry i was gone all throughpuit the voting plus i dont see the point on the submiters voting because u can vote urs #1 u know, its kinda unfair i thought we had like acctuall 3rd party judges also to strengthen the vote but ahh it doesnt matter win some lose sum

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-25 22:41:51

I guess your song wasn't shitty after all Extracy :). Way to go man.

How many people voted?

BBS Signature

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-25 22:47:58

Only 4 :-/

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-25 22:49:34

At 5/25/05 09:49 PM, ChrisCornelSux11 wrote: sorry i was gone all throughpuit the voting plus i dont see the point on the submiters voting because u can vote urs #1 u know, its kinda unfair i thought we had like acctuall 3rd party judges also to strengthen the vote but ahh it doesnt matter win some lose sum

One rule is you cant vote for your song, which I stated on the 1st post. So no, you cant vote for your song for #1 which is why its effective.

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-26 14:33:21

yeah i didnt catch that the first time but i will definatly commit in the second one u do mcpooner!!

Response to Battle of the Audio Portal - Submit 2005-05-29 01:39:59

Oh, shit, I totally missed this... been really busy with summative projects at school and kinda forgot to check! Well, thanks for carrying on without!

Personally I don't like my submission because it's not very beautiful or entrancing, it's just crazy... but thanks a lot for appreciating it and for first place!

-Extracy-

P.S.: Pandora_Tranquil if you read this, sorry for hitting you hard in the BoTAP thread. In the future, don't combine 1337 with unstable jokes at me ;)