00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted LucidShadowDreamer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club

16,329 Views | 251 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Have you ever heard a song you really liked, but never found out what it was called or who made it? Have you ever enjoyed a movie, only to forget what it was called? Do you have any memories of playing a really great video game, but you can no longer recall it's name? If so, this club is for you.
My goal here is to establish a group of regulars, who have a decent amount of knowledge on; Music, Movies, Video Games, Television Shows, and/or pretty much any other popular form of entertainment. Interested? Read on!

What does it take to become a member?
All that I ask is that you are ready to help people when they are looking for something.
Also, please specify that you would like to become a member.
When a member is looking for something, his or her request will be of top priority.

What are the rules?
1) Be respectful of everyone (especially other members.) There is absolutely no reason to start a flame war in here. I refuse to tolerate any such unprovoked tomfoolery.

2) If you want someone to find something for you, be sure to go into it with as much detail as you can, (in other words, don’t just say something like: “It’s a game, with this dude, and he fights and stuff.) The more information you can provide us with, the better the chances someone here will be able to find it for you.

3) If we were unable to find what it was you were looking for, don't bitch about it or criticize the people who were trying to help you, we are doing you a favor regardless if we find it or not.

4) Be patient. If you ask us to find something, and no one responds to your request, don't throw a fit, spam, or continuously badger us again and again. Chances are we either missed it, or you didn't post enough information for us to work with, making an ass out of yourself will certainly not increase anyone’s interest in finding what you are looking for.

A few other things to keep in mind
If you are thinking of becoming a member, please take note that you should have an overall good knowledge of, Music, Movies, Video Games, Television or any other forms of popular entertainment. I suggest you list your "specialties." For instance, mine would be Music, Movies, Old School Video Games, Television and Newgrounds.

If you are looking for something you saw on Newgrounds, you can feel free to ask about it here if you would like.

Electronic forms of entertainment are not the only things this club was made to find, Books, Comics, Paintings and other such things are all fine to have us look for.

Lastly, keep in mind I am the clubs founder. Therefore, if push comes to shove, I am the one who will define what is acceptable here in this club and what isn't. However, it should go without saying that if it breaks the Newgrounds rules, it is not welcome here.
___

If you took the time to read all of this, you have my respect, give yourself a pat on the back, and hopefully, join.

<Breaks champagne bottle>

I now declare this club OPEN!!!

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 18:54:33

ok i have a rather vague request. i'm not sure whether it's an advert that shows in the us, but i saw it here in blighty and i loved the music.. it was for the nokia "fashion phones", the black ones with the strange design. look.. the music was really cool, kind of clarinet-electronic-spektrum/basement jaxx crossover. yup, i love the clarinet..

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 19:00:29

At 3/12/05 06:47 PM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote: What does it take to become a member?
All that I ask is that you are ready to help people when they are looking for something.
Also, please specify that you would like to become a member.
When a member is looking for something, his or her request will be of top priority.

sure ill be a member, i like being helpful to other people
as long as it isnt something incredibly idiotic, and then i match it with a sarcastic responce

Faith tramples all reason, logic, and common sense.

PM me for a sig.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 19:04:11

Welcome to ZeroAsALimit and The_Redangleprince!
Glad you two fellows joined!

At 3/12/05 06:54 PM, Ratchety wrote: but i saw it here in blighty and i loved the music.. it was for the nokia "fashion phones"

I can not recall seeing such a commercial, that isn't to say that it doesn't air here, I just don't recall ever seeing it. However, I will keep an eye out for it, and hopefully, I'll be able to find out what the song is from!

Mike

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 19:16:20

err i have helped you guys out somewhat, i found the advert on the nokia website. here then click on "view tv ads" then click on "collection" or something. that is, if you want to of course. i'm still sceptical anyone will know what the hell it is.

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 19:19:04

sorry for the double post but it's ok, i found the song on a random "what's that song called" forum! ^-^ www.whatsthatcalled infact. so not that random. thanks for the encouragement, even if you didn't give me any directly ^-^

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 19:27:22

I would like to join if possible. I have a fair deal of movie knowledge, old and new, I know a bit about Australian things and 60-80's music.

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 19:52:33

Uhmm i don't even know if u guys have the advert over there but its gamboy DS and i really like the song thats all =P

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 20:22:55

Ooh, I have a request. ^^

Can anyone here find me a pic of some wino clutching his bottle of booze? Preferibly a pic that is drawn.

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 22:45:28

I don't have great knowledge on all those, but I cna probably help i na few specialized ares. Like D&D Books, PC Video Games, some TV shows, etc.

So basically I'll try to help out but I can't guarantee anything. I've also been busy lately and might not be able to post regularly. I promise I'll stop by as often as i can though.

So can i join?

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 22:50:34

I'd like to join. I see a lot of stuff, beings that I stay home most of the time, and can remember a lot of what I see, so I tend to know what people are talking about.

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 23:00:10

I would like to join. I could be of some help. *knows a lot of obscure shit* I also have spent many a week viewing older NG submissions (go to the collection pages, kids). I have seen many movies, though I highly doubt I am the caliber cinemaphile that Red is. I also listen to a broad range of music. I used to watch a lot of television but it got dumber and dumber as years passed so I am trying to phase out my viewing of the old idiot box.

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 23:04:43

Forgot to mention this later. Sorry! >>
My areas of expertise include Horror, Vampires, Television and Movies, History, and Literature.
Figured I ought to mention that so that there was no confusion >>

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 23:15:24

I've got a request, find me a videogame for the SNES, it involved you taking control of robots and fighting with them, it could e played in multiplayer mode as well.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 23:19:16

At 3/12/05 11:15 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: I've got a request, find me a videogame for the SNES, it involved you taking control of robots and fighting with them, it could e played in multiplayer mode as well.

I have played a few Nintendo games *owned a Genesis*... Could you describe it a bit more? *only Snerd and psyko on at the time... Snerd wanted to help the guy and give the club a bit of credibilty*

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 23:26:47

At 3/12/05 11:19 PM, Snerd wrote:
At 3/12/05 11:15 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote: I've got a request, find me a videogame for the SNES, it involved you taking control of robots and fighting with them, it could e played in multiplayer mode as well.
I have played a few Nintendo games *owned a Genesis*... Could you describe it a bit more? *only Snerd and psyko on at the time... Snerd wanted to help the guy and give the club a bit of credibilty*

That is really the description of the whole game. I'll try and give more detail. The character was yellow when he wasn't ion the robot and there was alot of ammo upgrades like bouncy and other crazy things like that.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 23:30:24

Since I have pretty much an extended history on video games (not to mention training to become a game designer), you can count me in when it comes to games. I also know some history of television shows and anime, but my speciality is mostly video games. May I join, please?

Sonic Wii Preloader!

Pro-Pokemon Club/TJPPC - Where I love Mew and members know it!

My art - I do art well, you twirps!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 23:30:35

At 3/12/05 11:26 PM, VeryProudofYa wrote:
At 3/12/05 11:19 PM, Snerd wrote:
That is really the description of the whole game. I'll try and give more detail. The character was yellow when he wasn't ion the robot and there was alot of ammo upgrades like bouncy and other crazy things like that.

Hmm... moo... Well, I'm afraid that I cannot help you. BUT! Red own(s/ed) an SNES. He could give you more help than I could seeing as I only played maybe three SNES games in my life. If he gets around here again, he could help you.

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 23:32:05

At 3/12/05 11:30 PM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: Since I have pretty much an extended history on video games (not to mention training to become a game designer), you can count me in when it comes to games. I also know some history of television shows and anime, but my speciality is mostly video games. May I join, please?

Maybe you could solve our friend's dilema... He needs to know of a certain SNES game.

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 23:38:46

Oh yeah, I want to join. I know about television and music and am pretty good with games,
just not the snes. Movies is my weakness.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 23:41:29

Rise of The Robots. An excellent 2-D fighter at its time, because all of the crazed was photo-realistic fighters (Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, Primal Rage). If you are lucky, you can find it at any video game store at sells used games (Gamestop, Game Crazy). Another solution is you can download a ROM version, if you are willing to bend the law. Does that help?

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-12 23:45:54

Uhh.. no, that isn't it thank you for attempting though, that was awesome info . The game I'm speaking of was splitscreen, each character would run around as a human-looking thing till he found a robot, he would jump in it then fight the other player. Each robot had guns with upgradable ammo.

Sorry if this is vague.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-13 00:26:01

If there are any vacancies I'd like to join? I guess my specialities are Video games and a bit about movies.

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-13 00:28:28

VPOY, could the game you're thinking of be named Zone of the Enders? I remember playing a game in that series a while back. Sorry if I'm answering late >>

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-13 00:39:21

No... just forget it. I guess I'll never find it.

Everything is everything

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-13 01:10:01

So you guys are like a bunch of archivists.
coolies, I will know where to go when I am in a desperate search something on ng.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-13 01:36:42

At 3/13/05 12:28 AM, psykolord wrote: VPOY, could the game you're thinking of be named Zone of the Enders? I remember playing a game in that series a while back. Sorry if I'm answering late >>

Are you sure? I never heard of ZOE on the Super Nintendo. I only hear ZOE: The 2nd Runner (PS2) and Fist of Mars (GBA). You could educate me on a ZOE game you mentioned.

This is a tough game to know, but I am not giving up! It may be Mechwarrior or Mechwarrior 3050. I know that it was a PC game, but it was ported as a SNES game.

Sonic Wii Preloader!

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-13 01:58:48

At 3/12/05 06:47 PM, Baron_Von_Bad_Guy wrote: Have you ever heard a song you really liked, but never found out what it was called or who made it?

Okay Baron, I've been searching for a song by The Police. It goes something like De do do do, de da da da. Have you heard of it?

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-13 02:03:31

At 3/13/05 01:10 AM, -Noir wrote: So you guys are like a bunch of archivists.

That's the general idea yeah. :D

But this club is just starting, so we have yet to see if Baron's idea will work (hopefully it will).

Response to The Newgrounds "We'll Find It" Club 2005-03-13 02:55:16

At 3/13/05 01:36 AM, Dark_Volcano_Sam wrote: Are you sure? I never heard of ZOE on the Super Nintendo. I only hear ZOE: The 2nd Runner (PS2) and Fist of Mars (GBA). You could educate me on a ZOE game you mentioned.

Another game is simply zone of the enders (PS2), in other words the first to come out - before the 2nd runner.