00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DeviLucis just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

TBF is a mod?

4,732 Views | 69 Replies

TBF is a mod? 2004-10-06 23:51:12

OMG!

You should smile more dude ;)

Congratulations!

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-06 23:52:33

What does it really take to be a mod anyways? seems that people are starting to become mods, and It looks like its picking up
*imagines a newgrounds with nothing but mods*

*shudders*

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-06 23:54:12

At 10/6/04 11:51 PM, Ozcar wrote:

And you should search for topics that have already been made, and stop trying to be like shak3s.

But yeah, he needs his own moderation hats now.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-06 23:54:19

Another mod... omg no.... this is crueal and unusual punishment.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-06 23:55:57

I need to learn how to make hats... anyways, congradulations to him.

hurp

BBS Signature

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-06 23:56:06

At 10/6/04 11:53 PM, fatzo wrote: I made a TBF topic already. So did 2 other people.

So there.

but ozcars a mod, and therfore can do whatever he wants, but bak to the subject, thats good for TBF, i cant say he didnt deserve it, hmm, at this rate, ill be a mod in *thinks* 17 years, hooray for me!!

Your reply to this isn't going to be clever or witty, so just put down the internet and go outside.

Seriously Serious

Listen to better music.

BBS Signature

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-06 23:56:23

At 10/6/04 11:52 PM, T4int3d_s0ul wrote: What does it really take to be a mod anyways? seems that people are starting to become mods, and It looks like its picking up

well since you posted that, ill post this for anyone new whos wondering on how to become a mod:

Moderators

who knows, probly so that there wont be more people like that guy over on the politics forum who kept spamming. a good thing that tal-con told informed people.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-06 23:56:24

At 10/6/04 11:53 PM, fatzo wrote: I made a TBF topic already. So did 2 other people.

So there.

OMG!!! OZCAR=FAILLLLLL!!!!!11!!1!2222239

Seriously though. Ozcar, How come you deleted your profile, and how did you do that?

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 00:00:33

At 10/6/04 11:51 PM, Ozcar wrote: OMG!

Congratulations!

Thx Oz...I have been smiling a lot more since my daughter was born. :-)

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 00:02:07

At 10/7/04 12:00 AM, TBF wrote: Thx Oz...I have been smiling a lot more since my daughter was born. :-)

Congrats with your daughter man :)

By the way, I tried a search with "TBF" but it seems to be a short nick to be searched..

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 00:04:56

At 10/7/04 12:00 AM, TBF wrote: Thx Oz...I have been smiling a lot more since my daughter was born. :-)

Major congrats dude!!!

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 00:06:03

I know this is gonna make me seem like an ass, but I honestly dont believe that he deserves the position of mod because:
1: He is still pretty new to NG, with about 700 posts, and he signed up in april of 2004
2: There are tons better choices for that particular position, such as Rabid Echidna, Quikfox, or Crimson edge
No offence to TBF at all, he is a really cool guy and all, I just dont believe that it should be his time to become mod, Quite yet
but whatever, as long as he is a mod, congrats, and I hope that he does a good job

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 00:07:19

Mods are being shipped in like spices. I think NG is becoming too controlled, lighten up and let us alone a little.

Merkd.com - It Pays to Play

Earn real money by betting and investing; or, sponsor, challenge, compete,

recruit, communicate, network, earn money playing games, and much more.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 00:08:58

At 10/7/04 12:06 AM, -MrReaper- wrote: I know this is gonna make me seem like an ass, but I honestly dont believe that he deserves the position of mod because:
1: He is still pretty new to NG, with about 700 posts, and he signed up in april of 2004
2: There are tons better choices for that particular position, such as Rabid Echidna, Quikfox, or Crimson edge
No offence to TBF at all, he is a really cool guy and all, I just dont believe that it should be his time to become mod, Quite yet
but whatever, as long as he is a mod, congrats, and I hope that he does a good job

thats true. i do agree that there are others who would make great mods. i dont believe that TBF will do a bad job, i think he'll do good, but like what -ReaperX- said, he needs more xp on the bbs.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 00:11:35

At 10/6/04 11:56 PM, Soul_Specter wrote:
At 10/6/04 11:52 PM, T4int3d_s0ul wrote: What does it really take to be a mod anyways? seems that people are starting to become mods, and It looks like its picking up
well since you posted that, ill post this for anyone new whos wondering on how to become a mod:

Moderators

hmmm thats cool... seems like if everybody on NG followed those guidlines to become a mod, then NG would be alot better place, because so many people would be looking for mod-ship, they would act like good boys and girls. I think once you have more experience on a forum like this, you learn alot more, so its almost a life lesson (no excuse for spending 24/7 on NG) but yea, I know I have changed a bit on NG...

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 00:22:45

At 10/7/04 12:08 AM, Soul_Specter wrote:
At 10/7/04 12:06 AM, -MrReaper- wrote:
thats true. i do agree that there are others who would make great mods. i dont believe that TBF will do a bad job, i think he'll do good, but like what -ReaperX- said, he needs more xp on the bbs.

Just because I dont have a high post count doesnt mean that I'm not a regular BBS visitor, it just means that I dont post in every usless and or spam topic.

I'm 28 years old and have been using the internet longer than most of the people on this BBS, so to say I need more experience is a little nieve. All I want to do is make the BBS a better place to go, because right now there is a lot of crap on here that shouldn't be. If you think I'm going to break the rules now I'm a mod, you are mistaken. Nothing will change, apart from maybe my post count, from posting in usless threads that I will be locking. I can assure you I'm just here to make things better not worse.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 00:26:49

At 10/7/04 12:24 AM, Mike_J wrote: What the fuck? I should've been a mod instead >:(

LOL now you'll never be a mod

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 00:35:55

Don't listen to those who are trying to put you down, TBF! The better portion of us know you deserve it =) Best of luck with your daughter AND your new mod status.

TBF is a mod?

BBS Signature

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 00:40:13

okay.... by the end of the year, all the users will be mods...:O

It looks like the mods/admins are on a recruiting spree. They must be really bored :P

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 00:41:55

At 10/7/04 12:40 AM, EKRegulus wrote: okay.... by the end of the year, all the users will be mods...:O

It looks like the mods/admins are on a recruiting spree. They must be really bored :P

You copied my post at the top of the page

Read next time plz

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 01:10:51

Congrats TBF, I'm sure we'll hear more from you. I'm having the hardest time pronouncing your name. I'd like to buy a vowel.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 01:14:03

At 10/7/04 12:41 AM, T4int3d_s0ul wrote:

Read next time plz

I didn't copy it. I'm just telling you that I'm on side. I had a similar thought! Is that NOT allowed?

I did read it but it did it really fast so I missed a couple words. Somehow posting was an emergency and reading next :D.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 01:15:59

At 10/7/04 01:14 AM, EKRegulus wrote:

I did read it but it did it really fast so I missed a couple words. Somehow posting was an emergency and reading next :D.

wtf I don't understand what I just typed. I meant that I fastly scrolled the page while reading it. That usually doesn't work too well:D

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 01:16:32

At 10/7/04 01:14 AM, EKRegulus wrote:
At 10/7/04 12:41 AM, T4int3d_s0ul wrote:

Read next time plz
I didn't copy it. I'm just telling you that I'm on side. I had a similar thought! Is that NOT allowed?

No!!!! why? Because I come from he who is called "I am!"

-Dogma, good movie

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 02:48:54

At 10/7/04 12:22 AM, TBF wrote: Just because I dont have a high post count doesnt mean that I'm not a regular BBS visitor, it just means that I dont post in every usless and or spam topic.

I think that they were referring to your sign up date and that you aren't as acquainted with this BBS. Personally I don't know you so most of my comments are going to be general until I research you. I do hope that you have a chance to respond as I feel somewhat uncomfortable talking about someone behind their back.

I will say this though. Using the internet can be much different than posting on a BBS. I don't know that you don't have experience with other BBS so you have me at a disadvantage. I know however that I have also been using the internet for a long time and my first use of a BBS was on NG, years after I became comfortable using the internet soon after it's debut.

I'm 28 years old

It's nice to see some maturity. I wonder how your professional and personal life will impact your ability to uphold your new responsibility, especially with a new child. Of course being up at all hours tending to the baby may allow you mod time that you wouldn't otherwise have. Congrats by the way. I'm looking forward to bringing my own into the world in a few years.

so to say I need more experience is a little nieve.

Quite. There is nothing to say that your learning curve couldn't be accelerated by other factors such as your maturity.

All I want to do is make the BBS a better place to go

With all due respect, do you really think that you needed to become a mod to do this? I'm just a regular poster, but I have direct links to a few of the mods allowing me to facilitate their job. Additionally, because I'm not a mod I have spare time to try to educate people who will listen on proper forum etiquette. Maybe you will have that free time, but I'd doubt it as you will now be hounded by folks with sob stories such as, "OMG! Why did joo banzor me? I din' do nuttin." This isn't to say that you won't be able to adjust. I just don't find it likely with your new responsibilities.

because right now there is a lot of crap on here that shouldn't be.

I've noticed and this is why I support new mods such as yourself. I just recently started in on general having already established myself in the politics forum. I heard stories about how unruly general was, but the reality is worse than the claims presented to me. One more mod, won't hurt and I'm sure you will do a good job.

I am somewhat concerned about mod overlap, however. It seems to me that some times of day there are no mods on the boards, while at others there are four or more. This isn't to say that the mods can't clean house when they do congregate, just that there is virtue in expediency. What time do you envision yourself actively moderating the forums?

If you think I'm going to break the rules now I'm a mod, you are mistaken.

I'm glad to hear this.

Nothing will change, apart from maybe my post count, from posting in usless threads that I will be locking.

You forgot your new abilities. ;-)

I can assure you I'm just here to make things better not worse.

Natch.

I know it may seem that I'm taking to much interest in this, but I enjoy a cleaner forum and helping to make it enjoyable for everyone.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 03:00:07

At 10/7/04 12:22 AM, TBF wrote: Just because I dont have a high post count doesnt mean that I'm not a regular BBS visitor, it just means that I dont post in every usless and or spam topic.

there are others who deserve it more. who also don't post in spam topics (people like the_phantom_spancker, ~X~, recon rebel...and a lot more.)
but congratz anyway.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 03:14:43

Ok, so I skimmed. I'm on EST.

I do remember you from a thread posted by BWS about his blood pressure.

I didn't come across anything too remarkable. You developed a solid grasp of what's over the line in this forum very early and you have continued to post with integrity. There are instances of you posting in some of those spammy threads you despise so much, but nothing major and usually quite topical. I do find myself wondering what made you stand out from the rest of the users, but it's not something about which anyone could make a big deal. Honestly, just an above average poster.

Your reviews were interesting. Do you only review flash for which you vote five? You have one review at the end that would seem to indicate that you do review bad flash, but that's just conjecture on my part. My philosophy is that the lower rated flashes need reviews more. Feedback in the form of encouragement and constructive criticism is more important, in my opinion, than inflating an already fine ego.

But you weren't made a mod based upon your reviewing skills.

I look forward to assisting you in any way that you will allow me to help you in the future. Good luck and thank you for taking on the responsibility.

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 03:45:11

At 10/7/04 12:35 AM, RageVI wrote: Don't listen to those who are trying to put you down, TBF! The better portion of us know you deserve it =) Best of luck with your daughter AND your new mod status.

I didnt particularly say that he doesnt deserve it, Im just saying that there are other users who have been here a lot longer than him and deserve it just a little bit more, I dont think that it is his time quite yet, I have been watching TBF quite a bit since I started here, and he is a great guy (love the hats, I wish I had the "stfu n00b!" one)
I also forgot to congratulate him on his kid, things are going good for you TBF, almost too good, hmm I wonder......................are you gellin?

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 06:07:46

so If I send Tom, Wade, Liljim and Stamper T-Shirts, I COULD BE A MOD TOO?

Response to TBF is a mod? 2004-10-07 07:40:04

too many mods. ruined. bye.

The worst member.