00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Charges Pressed Against Bertuzzi

914 Views | 8 Replies

Charges Pressed Against Bertuzzi 2004-06-25 00:06:39

As you may or may not know, during a regular season hockey game in mid-March with his team down 8-0 to the Colorado Avalanche, Todd Bertuzzi sucker punched Steve Moore in the back of the head in retaliation to a hit by Moore on Canucks captain Markus Naslund in a previous game that had left Naslund with a concussion. Moore suffered various injuries from the punch, most notably a broken neck and a cuncussion. The National Hockey League promptly suspended Bertuzzi for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs. This morning, the Vancouver Police Department concluded their investigation of the incident and announced that a charge of assault causing bodily harm would be laid against Bertuzzi. Do you believe that this is fair?

Response to Charges Pressed Against Bertuzzi 2004-06-25 00:12:11

well he did assault him and it did cause bodily harm...

hockey is a violent sport and stuff happens is what you are trying to say right? but he hit him from behind and it wasn't in self defence so yes i think he should be charged

Response to Charges Pressed Against Bertuzzi 2004-06-25 00:17:47

He deserves charges. Hockey is a rough sport, but there is still a line. If they let this go, players could just go after people they don't like or have some beef against on the ice, serve 2:00 minutes in the box, and get away with it. Meanwhile, the attacked has broken bones or what have you.

It's like making assault legal on ice.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Charges Pressed Against Bertuzzi 2004-06-25 02:51:54

Hell yes, Bertuzzi should be charged. It was straight up aggravated assult. I think my opinion on this is also being affected that I live here in Colorado and saw it all happen on TV. Anyway, yes the charges are fair.

Response to Charges Pressed Against Bertuzzi 2004-06-25 02:53:53

dont many people get punched out in hockey?

Response to Charges Pressed Against Bertuzzi 2004-06-25 02:55:22

People in hockey get punched in fights.

Beretuzzi punched this guy from behind, that's assualt brotha.

Response to Charges Pressed Against Bertuzzi 2004-06-25 03:12:56

There is sportsmanship, and there is assault. What Bertuzzi did was clearly the latter, with premeditation.

Response to Charges Pressed Against Bertuzzi 2004-06-25 03:49:17

If the guy saw it coming then no, but since he got him from behind then he should deffinately be charged.

Response to Charges Pressed Against Bertuzzi 2004-06-25 03:53:05

I think it is totally fair. I agree hockey is a violent sport, but you don't need jackasses, flying off the handle and punching people in the back of the head. why wouldn't he deserve it? he broke the guys damn neck. he's lucky he didn't get more.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature