00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AlsoTlant just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Thatnk you Thejoe

1,268 Views | 26 Replies

Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-12 23:30:50

For proving to me that I'm not the only person that watches Early Edition.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-12 23:31:29

At 6/12/04 11:30 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: For proving to me that I'm not the only person that watches Early Edition.

Thank you for proving to ME that I'm not the only person that watches Early Edition.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-12 23:32:17

wow... two of them! (get the axe, johnny)

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-12 23:33:36

At 6/12/04 11:32 PM, goofygarber wrote:
wow... two of them! (get the axe, johnny)

It's not a bad show dammit. It's pretty much the only thing on TV I ever watch anymore. That and Stargate Sg-1.

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-12 23:36:25

At 6/12/04 11:33 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: It's not a bad show dammit. It's pretty much the only thing on TV I ever watch anymore. That and Stargate Sg-1.

It's really underrated. I loved to watch that show years ago, but then they stopped showing it. A few months ago I realized they were showing it on PAX every Monday-Thursday.

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-12 23:39:02

Hey, I also like Early Edition. It's just intersting, and besides, there's never anything else good on at the same time it's on.

Apologies aren't what I look for. Redemption is what I want!

Look at my profile to see a true cockhead! DO IT NOW!

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-12 23:52:05

At 6/12/04 11:31 PM, GaryHobson wrote:
At 6/12/04 11:30 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: For proving to me that I'm not the only person that watches Early Edition.
Thank you for proving to ME that I'm not the only person that watches Early Edition.

this is starting to look a lot like some sort of mutual online ego-stroking circle jerk fest. O_o

Anyway, I have no idea what thread you two are referring to, I was only attracted to this thread due to the "thatnk" in the title to see if Rabid Echidna had finally gone insane or was high as hell or what... #;-}>

What the hell is Early Edition, anyway? Sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place it exactly.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-12 23:54:35

At 6/12/04 11:52 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
this is starting to look a lot like some sort of mutual online ego-stroking circle jerk fest. O_o

Maybe...

Anyway, I have no idea what thread you two are referring to, I was only attracted to this thread due to the "thatnk" in the title to see if Rabid Echidna had finally gone insane or was high as hell or what... #;-}>

It was a typo dammit. #;-}>

What the hell is Early Edition, anyway? Sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place it exactly.

It's a TV show on PAX, where an orange cat delivers him tomorrows newspaper, and he wanders around the city trying to stop all the bad things from happening.

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-12 23:55:22

At 6/12/04 11:52 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 6/12/04 11:31 PM, GaryHobson wrote:
At 6/12/04 11:30 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote:

its a show where this guy gets a newspaper with all the news of that day, like if you were to get tomorrows newspaper today. So he goes around saving a bunch of people because he knows what is going to happen, also to make money, of course he wins alot of bets ;)

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-12 23:56:44

At 6/12/04 11:52 PM, gfoxcook wrote: What the hell is Early Edition, anyway? Sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place it exactly.

A man (Gary Hobson) get's the next day's edition of the Chicago Sun Times. He reads it and looks for events that had happened on the previous day, then goes out and tries to prevent them from happening. Some situations when he tries to save one person, he ends up causing more trouble with a different section of the newspaper where he has to go fix that as well.

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-13 00:04:03

At 6/12/04 11:33 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote:

It's pretty much the only thing on TV I ever watch anymore. That and Stargate Sg-1.

Cool. The studio where Stargate SG-1 is filmed is about ten minutes away from my house.

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-13 00:31:46

I loved that one episode where he saw a huge car crash in the paper with like... 13 people dead (or some dead, some injured, can't remember.) and he had to figure out who was the one who caused the whole thing and try to prevent them from getting on the road. Then preventing 1 person from going would change the total to 12, then the next person he stopped, it went down to 9... then up to 16.. And when he stole some guy's car so he could save that kid in time because the paper said he was killed, it turns out that it was that car that caused the whole crash and it disappeared from the paper.

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-13 00:47:21

I've seen early edition before and it wasn't too bad. It was one of those shows that would be put on Saturday nights like The Pretender or something like that. It was OK...I guess. It got kinda repetitive so I stopped watching it.

I used to be with it. Then they changed what it was.

Now what I'm with isn't it and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

It'll happen to you!

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-13 00:58:12

At 6/13/04 12:44 AM, Hycran wrote: i always wanted him to win the lottery like 80 times in a row
not just go to the tracks and make some chump change
im talking big payoffs

I think he believed that if he abused the paper that way, it would stop coming to him. (Something like that may have happened in an episode, I can't remember.) That's why he tried to stay away from that and just use it to help people. Also why he would get angry with Chuck for using it to predict winning numbers and such.

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-13 01:01:46

At 6/13/04 12:58 AM, GaryHobson wrote:
I think he believed that if he abused the paper that way, it would stop coming to him. (Something like that may have happened in an episode, I can't remember.)

I think there was an entire episode dedicated to that.

That's why he tried to stay away from that and just use it to help people. Also why he would get angry with Chuck for using it to predict winning numbers and such.

There was one where he used it to save a kids dad from getting killed by the mafia though. He was in dept with the money, and he bet on the winning horse.

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-13 01:06:04

At 6/13/04 01:01 AM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: There was one where he used it to save a kids dad from getting killed by the mafia though. He was in dept with the money, and he bet on the winning horse.

Well yeah... but that was to help people. He tried to stay away from getting rich off of it for his own personal gain though.

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-13 01:41:45

That shows a good one to watch if you dont really feel like focusing, its always good seeing how Chuck tries to get the lottery numbers from the paper... ahh, good one.

Kind of reminds me of the episode where the paper says Chuck helps some woman give birth to twins, and he spends his entire day trying not to. You can guess the outcome.

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-13 01:48:16

Holy crap Joe, when you mentioned changing you name to Gary Hobson, I didn't get it at first...but yeah, I loved Early Edition when it was orignally on the air on CBS, and I saw every epsiode, I made sure to at least tape it. Great show. I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers it too.

UNITE THE CLANS | space cheese | RG podcasts | also cocks

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-13 01:50:20

how could u watch that bs

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-13 01:52:08

At 6/13/04 01:50 AM, pussclan wrote:

Fuckyoubitch. It's better than whatever it is you watch.

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-13 01:55:12

At 6/13/04 01:52 AM, Rabid-Echidna wrote:
At 6/13/04 01:50 AM, pussclan wrote:
Fuckyoubitch. It's better than whatever it is you watch.

I don't get that show :(

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-13 22:35:19

At 6/13/04 01:48 AM, Captain_Bob wrote: Holy crap Joe, when you mentioned changing you name to Gary Hobson, I didn't get it at first...but yeah, I loved Early Edition when it was orignally on the air on CBS, and I saw every epsiode, I made sure to at least tape it. Great show. I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers it too.

Ah. Yes. One of those great shows the gets canceled too quickly. Anyone remember The Norm Show? Man that was great stuff.

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-13 22:37:47

Used to watch that show from time to time, but it isn't on anymore around here. It was on with shows like The Pretender and that. It was ok, but nothing spectacular.

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-13 23:43:11

At 6/13/04 10:37 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: Used to watch that show from time to time, but it isn't on anymore around here. It was on with shows like The Pretender and that. It was ok, but nothing spectacular.

I used to be a fan of the Pretender back in the day... it was interesting before it got some continuity happening..

Oh. Your. God.

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-15 20:54:28

At 6/12/04 11:54 PM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: It's a TV show on PAX, where an orange cat delivers him tomorrows newspaper, and he wanders around the city trying to stop all the bad things from happening.

Ah yes, I remember it vaguely now. But not from PAX, from one of the networks. Thanks for the description to you (and to Joe).

Good concept, but... I guess the writing or the acting wasn't enough to keep it on the net however long ago that was.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-15 20:56:34

At 6/12/04 11:55 PM, Toocool100 wrote:
At 6/12/04 11:52 PM, gfoxcook wrote: What the hell is Early Edition, anyway? Sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't place it exactly.
its a show where this guy gets a newspaper with all the news of that day, like if you were to get tomorrows newspaper today. So he goes around saving a bunch of people because he knows what is going to happen, also to make money, of course he wins alot of bets ;)

Argh, and thanks to you as well.

I can't believe three separate people all managed to respond to my question before they saw each other answering it. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Thatnk you Thejoe 2004-06-15 21:15:16

i love that show