Reviews for "Palace of Tales and Memories"

I enjoyed this a lot. It is very relaxing and soothing.

Thank you! :)

This is awesome! I really love the guitar tone, gives me a Petrucci vibe myself. Very nicely mixed as well. Looking forward to hearing more! :)

350teric responds:

Thanks man, Petrucci is an influence definitely! :)

I like the atmospheric vibe at the beginning. Sounds really pensive at the beginning. The melodies at :27 are beautiful. Very clear and full mix, too. I really like what you've done with the progression in the drums. The pacing here is really slow, but I do enjoy the sense of directionality this has. It also sounds a tad repetitive, though, even for a relatively short piece. The section at 2:14 wasn't a change I was quite prepared for, but maybe that's just me. There's a clear lead-in there with a strong transition; perhaps it was more of the change in texture that caught me off guard. All the same, I have no real complaints, perhaps with the exception that you could've done a tad more with the composition. Really high quality of sound, but nothing particularly bold in the progression or harmonic content. Still, nice work with the production, sound design, and atmosphere! Keep up the good work, 350teric. ^_^

350teric responds:

Thank you for the in depth review, I love the concrete points and the articulate suggestions. To be frank most of my compositions are way more complex and lavish than "Palace of Tales and Memories", rhythmically and harmonically I am coming from a progressive metal background (check out "Numen" for instance), I do compose electronic music as well. But, for this song I decided for a bit more simplistic approach, just for a change and fresh perspective. So for the final round I will shake things up definitely with something "bombastic" and "over top". :D

While the sound quality, synergy between instruments, relaxing tone, etc. is all on point, the actual composition here is very simplistic. There's a LOT of stepwise motion and not a whole lot of skips, making some parts of the song sound almost like glorified scales. That said, I really dig the switch to 3/4 at 2:17.

350teric responds:

Thank you for the thorough review. The song is evidently simple (I would say minimal) yes, but with some concrete points to it. Point one - the song is a ballad developing into an anthem, (dedicated to a concrete individual) it contains personal themes and qualities that requires simplicity. Point two - simple things have a certain strength and firmness, the song aims to be clean and effortless (I made it in a day). Finally, point three - there are some serious stylistic decorations in the lead guitar melody and the accompanying chords are not that simple if you listen carefully. (Loved your response) Thanks again! :)

Strong vibe

So with this particular element of sound you bring on some strong quality and it really drives this tune you bring a certain appitite for the passion of this and each frame comes alive I would think about mixing up the vibe a bit more deep build up points maybe some random chimes even just to give it a nice twist and good mixture but overall you have made a beautiful sound of works here and hope to hear much more from you

~~THINGS TO IMPROVE ON~~
Some added sounds but not much

~X~

350teric responds:

Thank you man, I have a fairly large catalog and there are some full end epic tunes already. Take a listen! And will bring more into the future certainly... :)