Reviews for "The Chaos Signals"

This has allot of the elements of things that I enjoy, I like the aesthetic and sound choices, but it just felt a bit lacking in substance, I really didn't feel for the protagonist, I didn't have a reason to.
I have nothing against the gore or even the pacing, it just feels like it wants to be something that was, without actually being it.

I can tell that a decent amount of effort went into this, the character designs were half decent, and as stated above I do like the sound design, all I can really say is keep trying and eventually you will find the right balance between style and substance.

ClockworkPixel responds:

This is some top notch stuff, congratulations both of you.

FraserMcNiven responds:

Thanks, appreciate it!

This was very cool! I like the animation used and the effects and story telling was on point for creating a tense atmosphere. The cosmic horror aspects of the short, like the blood traveling up to the ceiling was great.
I thought something was wrong with my head phones when I heard a few of the sound effects as they were too quiet. Laser shots, Guy fighting to get his arm back, and the sounds of the boarded up windows and doors getting hit were all very muffled or didn't have the impact they felt like they should have had when they occurred. However this might working as intended with some choices of small sound effects like the tongue moving working well.

It's videos like this that make me look forward to the Halloween contest! Nice work!

ClockworkPixel responds:

Thanks! Notes taken on board about the sound :) will improve next time

Well, that was super fucked up. Glad I watched it in the morning. Hopefully it'll all be gone by the time I go to bed.

This is way scarier than resident evil... Oh LEON... LEON... XD