Reviews for "Tainted Olive - Chapter 1"

Okay. I have to say that this was very well made, written, and drawn. The music kept me in suspense, the ominous mood ever present, very good way to immerse the player. The gameplay was phenomenal, especially for a point-and-click, the puzzle box was unsuspected and a nice turn of pace for the game.

The game lacked much challenge, however... with the obstacles obvious and simple enough to figure out. The most difficult thing I faced in this game was finding a certain rat, but I won't say more as to not spoil the game. The "Mora" segment: This was perhaps the most satisfying thing in the game, as I felt very smug about defeating -spoiler-. The dialogue was great, I never felt it was lacking at any point.

Very, very nice game, it is more akin to being referred to as artwork! And I have to say, I usually don't play point-and-clicks, because there are usually some stupidly hard logic puzzles to what objects do what. So don't take what I said about the simple gameplay too hard, just maybe kick it up a small amount.

In conclusion: Very nice art style, love the comic approach; great music, really helped to immerse the player; The "Mora" game was fantastic and I very much enjoyed it; The characters are pretty fleshed out, you can sense their moods, and see how they are in everyday life.

I've favorited this game, and I really, really hope that you are able to make Chapter 2 and upload it.

Thank you!

I don't like convoluted puzzles, but I like logical ones, even if they're hard. So I always try to put in the most logical ones, whether it's real-world or game-logic - sometimes they're easy, sometimes they're not. But hey, that's the way it's gotta be ;)

But I suspect chapter 2 is going to have better puzzles. It is certainly going to be longer, at least two-three times.

Good engaging tale with nice puzzles and interesting characters - look forward to the next chapter!

Darn good. I really enjoy the hand drawn art and was pleased to see nonhuman npcs that weren't furries or the stock elf, orc, dwarf lot. I'm hoping the next one will be just as well done!

BlackOlive responds:

Thankfully, my goal wasn't ever to recreate a DND-type world. When you break everything down into races, classes, hitpoints, weaknesses and the like, it makes for a bad story.

1/ The Twins of Stone are crumbling.
2/ I place you, trickster, in this fight;
3/ to take up arms against the blight.
4/ To shine your path, I give my light,
5/ to serve as guide throughout the night.

Cool game. That one was a hard one riddle :) and is about two Titans who fight each other using throwing stones :] They use psychokinesis to manifest their stone bodies and output from stony surface of valley of the highest mountains of every planet; even Earth :D
They are watching us- humans.

BlackOlive responds:

It is actually a foreshadowing (or two) of events to come, or already come to pass in Chapter 1 ;)

One of the best point click games I am really impressive.