Reviews for "Sea of Grass (Jazz)"

Hm, I could barely recognize the original theme in there until about 1:38. That said, this is a wonderful and very authentic jazz guitar piece! Some of the harmonies are just incredible. This is certainly a favorite song of mine in its own right. The low-key minimalist approach works great here.

SilverPoyozo responds:

Thank you so much!Sadly it felt very incomplete and disjointed as others have stated, but still...I really tried to make justice to the original song.And I hope I did.

Very calming. :) I like the instruments and mood, although I wish there was a bit more substance at some points. The transition at :59 was a little sudden, but I like how you made it sound like it was improvised (like a lot of jazz is) throughout. It has a nice, cheery little ending, too. ^^ I'd love to hear some of your original work. ;)

SilverPoyozo responds:

Thanks!Yep, it's lacking in a few areas, but I'm glad you liked it =)

Holy wow, I don't think I've ever heard such rich harmonies on this site, I am simply without words!

You sir have just astonished me with your prowess, and for that I give you all of my congratulations. I especially love the second section, reminds me a whole lot of Chick Corea's Electrik Band!

5'ed, Fav'ed, Fav'ed you, and if you ever need any instruments added like drums, brass, etc. just send a message my way.

Cheers,
Samuel

SilverPoyozo responds:

You honor me greatly, sir.

No, really, thank you very much.Chick Corea is one of my biggest inspirations, just as much as Bill Evans, Art Tatum and other big shots.
You have no idea how happy this made me, hahah...

Of course, I'm also available if you ever wish to collab =)