Just beat the game, here's my thoughts!
- I think the levels lacked variety and were dragging on for too long. By stage 4, I was hoping that the game would end sooner than later.
- All levels felt the same (other than the graphics) with mostly the same enemies and moving/ bouncing platforms. The color palette often made it difficult to distinguish the background from the platforms and the enemies / bullets.
- I think it would be better if it was possible to shoot faster when quickly tapping the button rather than being stuck with the slow rate of fire, especially with the default weapon.
- The plane sequence at the end was totally unexpected and pretty cool, even though the controls felt a bit awkward.
- The music was buggy in stage 4 and 5, constantly cutting off every 10 seconds or so.
- In conclusion, I thought it was a really cool game and had a pretty fun time with it, but it could have been better with more variety and better graphics. It reminded me more of Contra Force than Contra.