Game is very badly laggy. This is even worse in the later levels. I recommend setting the quality to low even if you're using a high-end machine.
Now for a bit of strategy. Get to that alligator boss (first boss) but *don't kill him*! Instead, use shield if necessary, and shoot meteors only if it's safe to do so without hitting the gator too much. What you'll want to do here is literally grind up everything.
- Grind up rainbow ability so you have a huge rainbow meter.
- Grind up damage increase abilities so you're dealing more damage.
- Grind up all the lives so it not only helps you but also you get a medal for doing so.
- Grind up shield helper items
Once you have the rainbow meter to the far right as well as lives, now it's probably safe to go ahead and kill that gator boss.
Now enjoy breezing through the entire rest of the game, even killing bosses in one hit (if you grinded up enough damage increase items). It should be easy now.
Since the game is getting a pretty backlash from reviewers, I wanted to say something. Although the game can be improved on many fronts already listed, I like how powerful you allowed the player to upgrade the llama. I collected so many upgrades that not only did my number of lives go off the screen, but so did my rainbow meter and my attack was so strong that I defeated the final boss with one blow (the objective saying :you need to defeat the boss" was still up on the screen when the "mission complete" came up). It made me feel so powerful yet you still had to be careful as you could never get to a point where enemies couldn't harm you. Also, although it seemed annoying at the time that you couldn't pick up upgrades when you were injured or if the shield was up, in retrospect, it was pretty smart, because if you wanted to improve, you needed to find a way to defeat and circumvent what was in front of you and it kept the games from becoming too easy.
The battle with the spaceigator is the best part
This game needs to be improved...
1. Add a mute button. ASAP.
2. Reloading needs to be faster.
3. What annoys me the most is the fact that if I lose, I have to start all over again. PLEASE, at least, add some checkpoints...
If you fix these mistakes, this game can, actually, be decent.
I hope you try to understand that I tried to help you.
Ehhhh. Man, I really hate writing reviews.
1) Llama is too big, which makes the Llama hard to maneuver
2) Everything happens too quickly to react, which makes losing life too easy
3) Upgrades are nice, but they don't make gameplay any less frustrating
4) Game Over, start all over again, I am a huge opponent of that.
5) Credits would be nice
6) It's a little confusing at first what you can destroy, what is only a background, and what is collectible
7) Limited shooting sucks. Big time.
8) What sucks even more that when you are hit, you can't shoot for a while.
9) Nor collect upgrades.
10) Which results in a vicious circle: when you are hit, you can't shoot meteor coming fast at you, nor avoid it, and as you are overwhelmed with enemies, the meteor hits you again, and etc., till Game Over.
11) The initial rainbow reload is way too slow
12) It can be frustrating to coordinate during boss battle between using shield, shooting, or avoiding. In the end, I didn't really use shield that much, because I preferred to shoot the boss.
I don't really want to comment on the art or music, as it's subjective. Some will love it, some will hate it. The controls themselves are not bad, though. But in the end, sorry, didn't like it at all.
I wouldn't post a review, but since you've added medals, it's like you asked for an attention.
Here you have it, and have a nice day, despite the harsh criticism.