I like it. Some thoughts as per request:
- Give us some scores, achievements, medals. E.g. give scores based on time needed to solve and give a bonus when not all pieces were needed to solve a puzzle (I am halfway through the game and I could solve at least 2-3 puzzles with less than the given pieces).
- If you add music, which I don't think is neccessary as I can always have music of my choosing playing in another tab, please add a mute button or better yet, start the game muted.
- In LVL 30 I experienced a bug: the Bishop was only counted on a specific field of its path although the other positions were also checkmate.
- Check the completed levels in the in the menu, so that it is immediately obvious which levels have already been completed and which ones are still open.
- You might want to have the higher levels blocked until you have cleared a number of the lesser ones, eg. player must clear 8 out of 10 in stage 1 before he can advance to the next set of ten levels in stage 2; you can also make stages for certain pieces, e.g. stage 1 is mainly rook, stage 2 is mainly queen, etc.
- For future development you could add more game modes, e.g.: a) white is at a disadvantage and has to force a stalemate b) white has a variety of pieces and has to try to checkmate with the least amount of material c) survival mode, where you begin with a full set of pieces and you lose the pieces you used in the previous LVL; every 5 LVL you can get one piece back if you solve a bonus puzzle