To Mr. Joliner
I have written this review stating why I scored you what I did based on my opinions, and my only hope is that you take something away from it that will improve your game making career.
Things I didn't like :
1 - Extreme bike is locked when that is the only... THE ONLY way to score medals.
2 - Sound byte lag and FPS lag <- Negligible because of technology restraints
3 - Lack of music or sounds
4 - Lack of polish
5 - Lack of enginutiy
6 - Long wait times between levels
1.Why is the Extreme bike locked? The fact that I raced 10 races that were alloted to be about 1.5-2min long (summing to be a grand total of 15-20mins) and I still could not get any medals, AND the fact that the game was really easy ruined this for me that is why I suggest changing your reward formula for this game, or simply have EXTREME unlocked from the get go.
2. On the Sound & FPS lag I am not sure if any one else experiences this, but I didn't like how the sound and fps lagged, but that's not a huge deal, and I dont blame that on you.(but if there is any thing you can do about it please do)
3. The music really starts to drag on after a while, and there were no sounds for accelerating, just boosts... no sounds for idling, no sounds for the count down timer, and no sounds for narrow misses... just a whoosh sound for the big grey blocks that block your vision. I think it would add to the immersion of your game if you were to include these things.
4. The reason I cite lack of polish is because the game has no theeme or setting, not that every game needs this... but having different tile sets or something to change the game up to make it feel like you were some where else other than a low end virtual reality simulator would be nice.
5. The game design seemed to be cut and paste from other tunnel racers, not that this is a bad thing... but if your going to do something that is already out there... try to spice it up to make yours a different or better experience.
6. As for the long wait times between levels, that is just a pet peeve, first... why not automatically generate the time score for the race, rather than forcing the player to sit through it each time. Second, why have the user have to go back to the level select screen if all they unlock is one level at a time? Why not just give them the option of going directly to the next level.
I hope this review helps you in your future en-devours, because this seems really good, so dont get discouraged!