Nice Old-School Game
First off, glad you were able to fix the loading issue I PM'd you about. I don't vote on games (especially voting them down) just because they won't load. Actually, by the time, I read your reply, I had already visited your profile, found the link to your website, and played it there. (:
Nonetheless, on to the review.
- Regarding the fonts: The fancy font is a little had to read.You definitely have the room, so I'd make them a bit bigger, or use a different font altogether. The dialog text (what the player says): Use something other than a "normal" looking text. This being an old-school game, it probably would look better if all the fonts were bitmaps, and blitting was used to render them.
- When you unpause the game and it zooms out, is there a way to undo the zoom without moving your character or using items?
- Sometimes, it's hard to locate your character at the start of a zoomed out level without taking a hit, using whip, etc. Maybe add a bigger visual notification or something like that.
- Unless I missed it, consider adding an option to mute the music, while keeping the sound effects.
- Consider allowing the player to save use a SharedObject instead of a code, or at least add the option in addition to your current saving design. Not that the music sounds bad or anything (it's good), just makes a more user-friendly game (some players still might to mute it for whatever reason, though).
- I like how you can use the mouse to navigate your player. Just curios, what path-finding algorithm did you use? (:
- Would have like to see the screen seamlessly follow the player.
Overall, cool game, soldier. This will definitely keep someone busy for those who are really into this. (:
* salutes *
- Ziro out.