Wow. Just wow.
Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!
For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 204 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!
Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!
Wow. Just wow.
Still more retro review
This thing stunk in 1982.
Needs LOTS of Work
I'm guessing you're just starting out. Nonetheless, here are some tips for you.
Improve your coding skills.
- Make the shots come from the top center of the player ship, not the left edge.
- As someone else suggested, add audio.
- On the instructions page, make the black area cover the entire stage, so there is no white remaining. Also, the bottom half of the words, "You have a 60 seconds!" is cut off.
- Tab and P keys don't seem to work.
- When you kill something, make the green puff disappear after a while.
- Make it so your player ship can't move off the screen.
- On the game over screen, when I move my mouse over the OK button, I'm getting the text-input I-beam cursor. Please change this so that it either stays as the mouse pointer, or changes to the hand cursor
Improve your game design skills
- Use a different font other than Times New Roman (or whatever this standard-looking, word processor font you're using).
- Stop putting "retro" in front of everything. "Retro 'A' key" just sounds silly. Which bring up another point: Why must we press "A" key to continue, anyway? What's so special about the "A" key?
- When restarting the game, cut all the extra scenes, and just get the player back into the game. - Remove the "a" from the phrase: it should say, "You have 60 seconds!".
- Why are the red and green aliens shooting upwards?
Lots of work ahead of you, but keep at it. (-:
- Ziro out.
More retro review!
I retro love it!
I believe the player ship is a tad too big, although the health bar is a step up from the original Invaders. The lack of sound effects and the lack of BGM was quite disappointing.