uh where's the music?
uh where's the music?
It's a fun game, but certainly not without its fair share of grade A game design.
First let's start on the basis of the game:
During WWII, you play the role as a British General in charge of the RAF, to defend 6 different regions of the British Isles, against German air raids.
Once you shoot down 300 German planes, you win.
If you lose 2 or more regions you lose.
Here is what I like about the game:
-The resource distribution is made very prevalent. If you Spies are not spot-on you have to make decisions on how to defend areas.
-I Like how you are given control of Infrastructure, and building planes, even though the systems put in place are minimalistic, you infrastructure can have a very big impact.\
-The interface and combat is simple, it's easy to learn the basics, and throughout multiple play-throughs you can still pick up a few tips.
Here are some things I don't like:
-The combat is fairly random, sometimes 4 planes will get shot down by 1, Spitfire or Hurricane Alike.
-You are very dependent on your spies, if the South East gets bombed, you can easily lose almost all your intelligence, creating a snowball of German raids you simply cannot stop.
-In the beginning, you barely start with any resources, and if you don't put your initial supplies into recruiters, you will not win the game.
I like it because I am very fond of the Time Period, and I like Planes regardless. But I can easily see why this game is not for you.
A fantastic game but i'll give it a 9/10 because i find it too short :).....hope for a sequel!
really nice game
I really like the game and the atmosphere.
Also I personally really like the simplicity of the game that there are only few types of units that need to be used wisely. I think different types of ground units would make the game too complicated.
Here are some small things that might be improved:
- during some bombing pictures I saw some small graphic bugs on the left/down corners of the screen.
- some newspaper information disappears too fast
- Have you thought of including AA-guns that have a certain chance to shoot down an airplane and are also placed in a city? Maybe they might also need a recruit to be used. Somehow I missed them a bit for this battle.
- When reading the game title I somehow expected some simple action game where you control a spitfire. Here we have a strategy simulation where the spitfire is not the only aspect. No big deal though.
- The whole game makes a really nice historical impression except of one thing:
The ending. Why did you write that "germany surrenders"? There was no surrender, the plans for an invasion of britain were just cancelled and the bombings decreased. I understand the point of rewarding the player for winning but I would chose some different text.
Good job and good luck with your future games! :-)
This game is cool
This Is a cool game with Medals.
I gave this a Go and it went good.