Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!
For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 194 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!
Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!
Good game until I played the blue.
it could be a fun game but i don't see a way to send say 50% so it may it easy to lose a base make one that i can send a set % and your be good
a few major flaws
1. the zerg attacks. when you send ALL of your units at once, you leave yourself exposed to easily getting attacked.
2. biased computer players. they what to destroy and if any other computer player gets in the way, then they will knock them out of the way.
3. an multiplayer version would be nice, where you can choose (percent based) how may units to send. this would be more fun then bashing your head into the computer over and over.
4. for single player mode, power-ups. being able to upgrade your planets, or your ships can take more damage, ect. i do not know 1 gamer that does not like power-ups.
5. when a planet you controlled was taken over, then you re-capture it, you have to reset the auto send. it would have been nice to have it resume where it left off. this requires the player to choose to shift the flow, instead of making the player reset the flow every time.
on the plus side: 3 speed settings let you play at your pace, so you have more control.
I thoroughly enjoyed it, but often time and time again it aggravated me. I would also enjoy an upgrading system and perhaps a Galactic Mode where its hundreds of stars (scaled down to proportion) and intricately connected systems with choke points and etc. Perhaps also a wave system, whereas you defeat level 1, level two is level 1 zoomed out with more stars, level 3 is level 2 zoomed out, etc. Pair that with an upgrading system and it would be awesome.
Just some upgrades I think would be useful:
-Combat Refit (makes each ship have the power of two)
-Advanced Construction (faster spawning)
-Infantry Barge (a manual ability where you click a planet and it produces ships slower, but each ship cannot attack other ships but rather planets only with increased power value [i.e. 5 versus a planet])
I know Flash is a b*tch, but if you dedicated to this as a full-time project and maybe got some programming volunteers, and with what I've seen you do so far- i'm sure you could make this into an awesome game.