My only problems were no upgrades and no fast forward button. without either 1 it makes this game kinda boring
For me the best flash game for a long time. It is not buggy, but maybe not that smooth than one can hope.
The feeling in the game is wonderful; you can put yourself inside the 'real' virtual world. The sounds are marvellous, nothing too fancy, but effective and well thought.
My only reason to write the review was the hope of the second part of this marvellous game - which I have played through many times now - with small modifications.
1. The game balance is 100% until the level 10 where you get rockets and the neutralizers. Both are too powerful. 3 staring neutralizers make the rest of the game way too easy.
2. Seating the turrets is guess work in two ways. First you don't quite know where they shoot and secondly where to put them. Colouring the possible seating place and drawing a shooting range circle (nothing fancy) would be better.
3. It is difficult to know where the turrets or groups will shoot. It seems sometimes that there is no logic. Sometimes turret shoots upwards sometimes not. Also here shooting range circle would help, or shooting range should be more logical.
4. General commands attack, retreat, neutral
5. General commands select all forces of the same kind.
6. Enemy base is too weak in a factor of 10. Get your man up there and the base is dead compared to 3 men left and 5% to go. Neutralizers will shoot the base down in 3 shootings when in full force.
7. Oh the story was a bit too cruel for the engineering humanist ;) We rape the earth and then we go to kill some natives so we can rape one more planet. Not really glorious :D You nailed how the humans are here, but only heroes like to play games like this.
8. I haven't realised about when the special will work. Maybe growing meter or something on the button.
Finally, thank you. I was a pleasure.
thanks for the great review.
u can use special after 4th level, it will appear when enemies destroy once of your building. I make as second chance, when you lose your building and dont have enough money to build a barrack or train soldiers.
Started working well.
Then it became very difficult to select units, and if possible only one at a time.
Units would also walk off the screen and instantly die, instead of following instructions.
Has potential, but unfortunately was unplayable.
Good... Nay, GREAT Game!
Level 5 is easy as pie! First, get all the upgrade points from the previous level and put the upgrade points on cheaper turrets, sniper and wherever you want. Second, put a turret on the second platform near the base and build a sniper barracks (you need snipers for those pesky flying things). Next is amass your troops behind your defensive line and attack if you think it's enough.
*Remember to keep replacing the turrets if it gets destroyed because they serve to shield your snipers from attacks.
*Click the special button on the bottom to unleash a deadly firestorm if you're in trouble.
The dude made this game deserves a 10.
thank you :D
Unfortunately, placing icons is slightly difficult (when I tried to pace the barracks it would jump all over the screen), and the fact that there is no fast forward disappointing, as I found myself waiting an excessively long time for the next wave of aliens to come. Overall it is intriguing.