Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
In this unique strategy game, with an Old West feel, your task is to conquer the oil well of your enemy!
Took me a while to beat this "pissing contest" genre game. Nice steampunk design.
- Successful offence (hit on opponent base) gives more oil than successful defence (barrier or unit hit)
- First let the barrier soak up enemy units until you get the faster attack unit. Once the opponent stops sending units, send the fast ones to attack
- Keep spamming fast attack units while the enemy is not sending units. The fast ones get through the hammer quite well
- Upgrade to bigger barriers, let them soak up all the damage they can before you replace them
- Once you get the "strong and fast" attack unit, you can start spamming for heavy damage
- The chain can be used to bypass enemy units near your base (didn't have much use for it), and the dynamite is best against the big and slow enemy units that would otherwise sap a lot of points from your barrier
- Keep an eye on the cannon shots and shoot them all down - remember it costs the opponent oil to fire them
Cool game, but it's too limited
All you have to do (and all you CAN do) is strenghten your defense to the max and then start strengthening your offense until you defeat the enemy
It would be better if it had a proper tutorial and more stages, starting with a easier level
but it's still fun and has a nice music and background
ON THE FENCE!
1ST OF ALL, THE ENEMY JUST AQUIRES POINTS TOO FAST, SO YOURE OVERWHELMED AND WILL LOSE AUTOMATICALLY. 2ND OF ALL, THE ENEMY HAS THAT CRUSHER THING SO ITS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO ATTACK. 3RD OF ALL, THE THINGS COST WAY TOO MUCH, I MEAN 12 SLOWLY ACQUIRED POINTS FOR A LEVEL 1 BARRIER, I MEAN COME ON!
ALTHOUGH, IT DOES HAVE SOME GOOD THINGS ABOUT ITSELF
the music and concept are good, but they could use a little work.
You could make everything cost a little less, upgrades be a bit more creative, and again, cheaper, make the enemy not pump out so many units that you cant keep up and lose. You could also add color to the units, and make the background a bit brighter. Also, if i was the author, i would beef up the game, and add levels, level objectives, an upgrade menu, so that every upgrade is in one place, and not spread out, possibly being able to upgrade actual units, not just get more types, have all types of units, barriers, and other things available, so that you have more of a chance, and so that you can save up for the big kahuna. you should also destroy that crusher thing, so that its actually possible to attack the enemy's place, give the player building a bit more health, i mean, one little robot destroyed my entire building, i mean one little 4 foot robot who looks like a drop of oil destroying a huge, 2- story building, come on! Maybe add some animation in the background, and add a story to help you get interested.
Even, to help you out ill give you an idea of a story to put in the sequel, which you should make:
July 18 1925 , i woke up. I put on my britches, and saddled up betsy, my big ol' horse, to go to the well. man i love goin to that big ol' well. drilled it myself when i was just 15, and im gettin some good money too. But, when i got to that well, there it was. Some company, of the name is a bit foggy, was drillin on my drillin land. When i went up to ask them what was goin on, they said" theres some big oil down there, the biggest reserve in the country, we bought the land. anyway, do you know who's primitive well that is over there?". I Said " thats my well, and it is not primitive!". the guy, whose name i still did not ask for, replied: " well, were gonna have to bulldozer it to make way for one of our wells". I Said to him: " that happens to be a well that i drilled and put up when i was 15, you will not bulldozer that piece of hard work." Right there and then i could see the look in his eye, it said to me that he was mad. Lookin back on it now i regret sayin those 3 infamous words that people throughout history have said: " I DECLARE WAR!". i gathered the best talent i could after that, luckily there was a robot scientist in town, who happened to be testin an off road robot, and was a saloon fanatic, just like me. I also gathered a mechanic, to help build the mechanisms of the robots, and i also gathered my extensive collection of part catalogs, phone numbers, and addresses. But my talent said they wouldn't come cheap, the scientist would need a bit of money to motivate his designer instincts, as he said, and the mechanic said he could buy some tunnelers, cables, and barriers if he needed to. also, they wanted some share in the oil production. heck, they took so much "share" that i barely had any oil to power my robots, and i would have to wait some time to build the so, here i was, in an all out robot war, with the best talent that i could afford. Lets get this over with.
theres an idea of a story.
use that story if ya want, cuz it took me a half an hour to make, just be sure to put my username in the credits or make something that says story created by iluvscience or whatever.
Thanks for reading this extensive list of improvements, bad things, good things, and i hope you all enjoyed the story, if you could read it all, and just didn't skip to the end, although if ya did skip to the end then read the story. its very good!
well those are my thoughts on this game, and what i thing should be improved.
Thank you and good night
[ END OF TRANSMISSION ]
its ok not 4 noods
Cool game, BUT...
- The enemy is often turns out to be too strong,
- Our oil well should be, at least, faster,
- There is NO F*CKING CONTINUE! You screw up, you'll have to start ALL OVER AGAIN!
- ALSO, the enemy upgrades himself TOO FAST and TOO EASILY!
- Most upgrades are either too slow, or to weak, or if they're good, they'll become out of date too soon (once again, because of the enemy's speed/strength), and another flawed model comes in their place...
- The Chain is WORTHLESS compared to the enemy's hammering-tower-thingy... Why it couldn't be automatic?
- Why could we send only ONE tunneler at a time? IT'S RIDICULOUS!!!!
BUT, on the other hand:
- The gameplay is quite simple, and could be entertaining (if you have the UPPER HAND, otherwise, it could become annoying),
- The game is definitely addictive (then again, there is a point, where you will say "F*CK IT!!* and punch your screen malevolently - I'm writing this comment after that point - You own me a new screen!)
- The defense just before the last upgrade is BRILLIANT! You don't have to think of the cannonball!
- Sometimes, the enemy acts entertainingly stupid and clueless, almost randomly - that's kind of a relief, and also, it provides the player with some fun...
In overall, the game is good, very addictive and unique indeed - but also unique in it's appealing flaws...
Most of the upgrades are rather good, but they get out of date, inefficient and useless too soon...
Perhaps, the whole game needs an upgrade, because, although it's hardness is a good challenge, and could nail the players to the chair for possibly hours, it's kind of angering to think of it that a quite simple-graphics, sidescroller game comes with a sometimes directly "offending" move or line of moves...
For that, I can't give this game much of a credit...
It's good, trough...
BUT, I have told you about the flaws - it is up to you, mate!
Demo of a narrative adventure platformer.
Explore the seaside town of Estivale, meet dozens of characters and track down a thief.
Welcome to the Universe Playground
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.