hey dude nice game but i think its bugging out i cant get the sword at the start the blacksmith just disappears. somtimes after saying his gonna make the sword sometimes his not even there from the start
He goes to the room to the right of your location.
I loved the game, especially the final boss. The LOZ element really shined through on that part where you actually have to think about what you need to do.
For the next part:
-Definitely be able to attack while moving
-Being able to use the shield as a shield
-Being able to save or something
-Hopefully side quests with minor bonuses? Or major bonuses, depending on how hard the side quest is+the length of the game
Otherwise totally awesome
you do a great job whit this game
The game has a case of the glitch bitch sometimes when I go into the first dungeon in the game I get warped into the wall + sometimes chests open even though I dont press A
Very nice Zelda-like attempt.
- Pretty solid for the most part.
- Fairly easy to control the character.
- I see that you can use the S key (I think it was) to end a conversation at any time. This is neat, but, since you use the A key to continue the conversation, the A key should also be able to end the conversation when there is no more to be said. It's more convenient to be able to use the same key for that.
- You should be able to swing the sword while moving.
- Allow the player to enter/exit houses, doors, etc. simply by walking into them, instead of having to press an extra key.
- Audio quality is pretty good. There aren;t many sounds, but should you expand on this, don't fall into the trap of becoming monotonous with sounds. For example, if there is a sound effect that occurs quite frequently, and is usually caused by the player, provide 2, 3, or even 4 similar sounding effects for the same event.
- The graphics are a bit too simple, but overall, they're good.
- The black areas at the end of the maps look creepy. :-P
- The acknowledgment of collecting items is a bit over dramatic. :-P
Save that for the major items. You know how, when you pick up the mini-potions that instantly add a little health? Do your rupees and bombs like that as well. Simply play a subtle sound, and be done with it. However, for bombs, and any other quantity-based items, you can do the dramatic effect the FIRST time you get them.
- When I was fighting the giant blob boss, it hit me, and I got stuck in the wall. Then, it killed meh. :-P
Not too many non-casual Flash games like this come along. Would really like to see this developed much more.
Good job, soldier.
- Ziro out.