Tired of waiting?
Click here to disable ads!
You are not logged in. If you sign up for an account,
you can gain additional voting power over time, allowing your vote to have an even
greater impact on submission scores!
Yeah, the second animation I've ever made in all aspects far worse than the first. I think you'll either find this funny or not at all.
One step closer to enlightenment
A refreshing approach to Plato's views on Reality and human perception. Made me laugh.
Did you even read Plato
In the Allegory of the cave the people see the shadow of the object cast by the fire, and they understand that that is the only existence that it has. they then are moved one step further and shown the object that was used to cast the shadow. the object is a likeness to an authentic being outside of the cave. the final step is for the individual to move outside of the cave and experience the object personally and to understand that it exists as a realistic actual being. the person then goes back into the cave to enlighten the other individuals to the existence of the outside world... And the matrix trilogy was based on this concept of plato's cave
Watching the matrix does not mean you've read about this, the matrix is mix of several philosophies. Which are all superficial interpretations
1) You cannot literally leave the cave but become enlightened to the theory of forms. The archetypes/forms/ideas/concepts hold a higher reality to the ever changing material counterparts.
2) This was a brief explanation of the allegory not the full blown explanation.
3) The matrix mixes in Baudrillard's ideas of simulation with the cave both superficial because you cannot actually leave the cave or simulacrum/hyper-reality like you can in the matrix only become aware of it. How can you actually experience something incorporeal other than a personal understanding of it not actually physically experiencing it.
4) If this is a complete misinterpretation of Plato's Allegory of the Cave then I would have a zero in my degree.
5) Why is it you Myspace unproductive losers haunt sites like this bashing anyone who tries to be creative or inventive with the way they present arguments of ideas.
Thank you to everyone who has rated my animation :P
Fernando accepts a difficult mission from a suspicious guy who buys him some yoghurt.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.