00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

VOXPhi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newground Artist showcase thread

1,516,846 Views | 38,263 Replies

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 13:48:37

I'm getting my tablet soon, so lets hope i can do something half as good as you guys.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 15:04:09

At 5/6/05 01:36 PM, the_origami_ninja wrote: Heres one i Drew of Sephiroth (not finished yet)
Spehiroth

And heres one my brother Sean did of wolverine
Wolverine

the sephiroth one is a trace. lame. I like the wolverine one, though, good job on that one.

[-steve b-]

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 15:08:18

At 5/5/05 11:07 PM, Astropuff wrote: I got bored a few minutes ago.

Unbutchered by horrible coloring == Outlines

Inless the hand infront os making a 180 twist the thumb is on the wrong side.

At 5/6/05 12:07 AM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Here is another one I did this afternoon for no real reason...

I love you're style.

At 5/6/05 01:21 PM, Astropuff wrote: Yeah, I think I'm ganna go practice some more human proportions before I cripple someone else's left arm.

its not only his arm, his leg is also pretty thin and short, plenty of potential though.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 15:28:25

At 5/6/05 04:32 AM, AloneInTheDark wrote: No, its really 3d. iv seen that pic myself also on one of those 3d showcase websites. Couldnt believe it either

if you've seen it there, then deadalready didn't do it...

plus the hair looks 2d.

No more animated sigs. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 15:39:00

At 5/6/05 03:28 PM, TwinsenDude wrote:
At 5/6/05 04:32 AM, AloneInTheDark wrote: No, its really 3d. iv seen that pic myself also on one of those 3d showcase websites. Couldnt believe it either
if you've seen it there, then deadalready didn't do it...

plus the hair looks 2d.

Not to mention that the facial structure is all off. I bet that image would look a lot worse if it wasn't from straight on.

TwinsenDude, I would go off on 3d stuff as much as you do, but I'm afraid I would sound like a kid in my 3d class who tends to annoy me. Your heart's in the right place... but you're a little abrasive about it.

This message is for everyone - let's try to keep criticism constructive, because it pisses people off to keep getting told by even a single person "omg that sucks, quit doing art and kill urself".

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 15:55:28

At 5/6/05 03:08 PM, MethodMinus wrote:
At 5/6/05 01:21 PM, Astropuff wrote: Yeah, I think I'm ganna go practice some more human proportions before I cripple someone else's left arm.
its not only his arm, his leg is also pretty thin and short, plenty of potential though.

I realized the thumb thing this morning, when I thought about it and tried to put my hand into the same position, but in failure. Maybe if I could disjoint my hand, it could have looked like the picture, but I'm not double jointed :(

I know I have an issue with proportions in general, so atm I've just been working on Facial proportioning by eye-copying stuff off DVD still frames, while trying to measure out the distances between the parts. Eventually I'll just work on the generalized body sketches, but I figure it will be much easier once I get the face down. Thanks for the comments, I'll try to catch those disjointed hands :P

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 16:09:09

At 5/6/05 03:39 PM, steve-b wrote: Not to mention that the facial structure is all off. I bet that image would look a lot worse if it wasn't from straight on.

yup... though she still didn't make it.

but you're a little abrasive about it.

I'll try to moderate my annoyance in the future :-D

it pisses people off to keep getting told by even a single person "omg that sucks, quit doing art and kill urself".

lol okay but I've never said that... to my knowledge...

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 16:11:50

Err. This is Bill. He will kill you tonight in your sleep.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 16:15:03

At 5/6/05 04:09 PM, TwinsenDude wrote:
it pisses people off to keep getting told by even a single person "omg that sucks, quit doing art and kill urself".

Yeah. You pretty much have.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 17:23:00

witty banter.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 17:34:05

At 5/6/05 04:15 PM, -JParadox- wrote:
At 5/6/05 04:09 PM, TwinsenDude wrote:
Yeah. You pretty much have.

really? I remember telling people things suck, but not that they should kill themselves... you see I'm a very anti-suicide person...

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 17:41:12

"Leader"
Full Version

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 18:03:49

At 5/6/05 05:41 PM, mynamewontfitin wrote: "Leader"
Full Version

this new blurry style stuff ur doin is AWESOME!!!!

noice pic there greedom!

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 18:32:31

not an original pic but one that i modified using fireworks. thats kinda flash i guess.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 18:32:47

At 5/6/05 05:34 PM, TwinsenDude wrote: really? I remember telling people things suck, but not that they should kill themselves... you see I'm a very anti-suicide person...

You tell them to stop trying. And/or disencourage them.

The point is. Be constructive. Not vicious.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 18:40:20

Heh, everytime I come to check this thread out again there's always a mess of people arguing or bickering. Meh, suit yourself, but it gets old and annoying fast.

"Days of planning. Weeks of building. Months of perfecting. Seconds of smashing."

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 21:08:35

A lip sync sample for Autumn Tree.

Yup, theres gonna be voice acting in it also

http://img229.echo.cx/my.php?image=yd2el.swf

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 21:42:05

At 5/6/05 09:08 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote: A lip sync sample for Autumn Tree.

wow thats good

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 22:43:04

At 5/6/05 09:42 PM, sundaycomics wrote:
At 5/6/05 09:08 PM, AloneInTheDark wrote: A lip sync sample for Autumn Tree.

wow thats good

Beautiful...

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 22:48:15

Figured I'd start on a flash based on a story by one of my favourite athors. Isaac Asimov.
Just sketched this up. The robot won't be this detailed in the flash though. And I'll try put up a bigger image in a bit.

"Days of planning. Weeks of building. Months of perfecting. Seconds of smashing."

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 23:05:24

At 5/6/05 10:48 PM, -PrimeMinisterCook- wrote: Figured I'd start on a flash based on a story by one of my favourite athors. Isaac Asimov.
Just sketched this up. The robot won't be this detailed in the flash though. And I'll try put up a bigger image in a bit.

superb, Asimov would be the man behind "I, Robot" if Im not mistaken.

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 23:07:16

At 5/6/05 11:05 PM, Greedom wrote:
At 5/6/05 10:48 PM, -PrimeMinisterCook- wrote: Figured I'd start on a flash based on a story by one of my favourite athors. Isaac Asimov.
superb, Asimov would be the man behind "I, Robot" if Im not mistaken.

Very correct. As well as 'Bicentennial Man' if any of you have seen that.

The story of his that I plan to base the flash on is called 'Robot Visions' and it involves time travel and a very excellent story. I suggest that anyone interested reads it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 23:18:58

Cool robot! Want to divulge which story your flash will be based on?
...or is that a secret?

Anyway, looks like it should be a good movie.
^_^

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 23:37:06

At 5/6/05 11:18 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote:
Cool robot! Want to divulge which story your flash will be based on?
...or is that a secret?

Anyway, looks like it should be a good movie.
^_^

The story that will be made into a flash is called 'Robot Visions'
It involves a group experimenting with time travel, and they decide to send a robot nicknamed Archie to do the task, he visits the future Earth where there is no violence, and strangely, no children! The rest I'll keep for the flash. No sense giving it all away, even though anyone could just go and read the story elsewhere. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 23:39:44

Got some nice stuff goin' on here :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 23:42:51

screen shot for whatever collab

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 23:44:47

Sounds good, I'm excited about the movie already -PrimeMinisterCook-.

Here's another contribution to the thread:

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 23:45:48

At 5/6/05 11:39 PM, Afro_Ninja wrote: Got some nice stuff goin' on here :)

When ever are you going to fix your forums?
I'm pretty sure that all you need to do is empty your sessions table in the database. They probably filled up quite quick when that Santy.A worm was going around.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 23:47:13

At 5/6/05 11:44 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Sounds good, I'm excited about the movie already -PrimeMinisterCook-.

Here's another contribution to the thread:

'Scuse my double posting, but that is so righteous. With an awkward creepy feeling to it. I like it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground Artist showcase thread 2005-05-06 23:50:37

At 5/6/05 11:47 PM, -PrimeMinisterCook- wrote: 'Scuse my double posting, but that is so righteous. With an awkward creepy feeling to it. I like it.

Thanks.
<3

BBS Signature