00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

edbyrd just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Universe Collab

51,464 Views | 1,015 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Universe Collab 2008-11-10 19:30:13

A quick note: Yaay I can start a collab w00t!

You know that idea I posted on my userpage?

Well I've decided to turn it into a collab.

Summary
"The Evolution Collab" isn't what you might expect. It will be a slow, calm movie depicting the creation of the Universe, the Earth, and everything on it. Each piece will have it's own song (From the Audio Portal) and each author will have to create an animation for their time period, event, etc. Please remember this is not a religious collaboration; It will show evolution, the big bang theory, etc, so please don't make a part showing some deity creating everything.

It won't be THAT accurate, but it will follow the basic timeline of events.

Parts
A list of parts and time periods/events. If you think I should remove/add some events, just let me know.

NOTE: The listed song is only a suggestion; please don't limit your piece to the feel of the song... you can either use the song listed or a different one of your choice.

NOTE: The comment/description for each entry is also a suggestion. You can change it as well! Just stick to the main idea of your piece.

Event/Time Period:Creation of the Universe (The Big Bang Theory)
Song:Mystery in Space
Comments:This should show the big bang, obviously.
Current Author:_____________

Event/Time Period:Creation of our Solar System
Song:Mystery in Space
Comments:Show how our Sun formed. (you may have to do a bit of research) as well as show how the planets were formed.

Event/Time Period:Cells merging to form multicellular organisms.
Song:Dream of Water and Land
Comments:Show single cells merging into multicellular beings... eventually morph your cells into simple animals and dinosaurs.

Event/Time Period:Animals and Dinosaurs
Song:Ambients of Asia
Comments:Animals and dinosaurs roaming the land in a world full of nothing but wilderness. Be creative, please! (if you want to combine this with the next section you can)

Event/Time Period:Meteor killing all life on Earth
Song:Invertebrata
Comments:A massive meteor comes and wipes out everything on the face of the earth; destruction is immense; fires run wild over the grey earth; but, at the end of this part, a single green plant sprout is shown and an animal comes to chew on it.
Current Author: Archon68 (unless You are doing the previous section and want to do this one)

Event/Time Period:Cavemen
Song:Cobalt Blue Sphere
Comments:Cavemen living in a cave, hunting animals, inventing fire (lol), etc.

Event/Time Period:Africa to America
Song:Ice Cage
Comments:Frozen land, eskimo people walking to America on the "Land Bridge"

Event/Time Period:Medieval Times
Song:Medieval Wars
Comments:Castles, Kings, Catapults, etc.

Event/Time Period:Colonization
Song: Honestly I have NO idea....
Comments:Civilization really begins to advance; religion is officially started.

Event/Time Period:Acceptance of Science
Song:Voice of Reason
Comments:In the beginning, people are punished for believing in Science, but in the end somehow show science becoming accepted.

Event/Time Period:Late 1900's
Song:None, yet...
Comments:Simple 1960's-1980's style family (Fallout 3 style)

Event/Time Period:Modern Day
Song:No idea
Comments:Well, how do you see the world (at least it's good side) today?

Event/Time Period:Urban decay
Comments:Pollution, gangs, DETROIT (lol), etc.

Event/Time Period:Nuclear War
Comments:War breaks out, and then BOOM

Event/Time Period:World Goes Bye Bye
Song:Space Age
Comments:Zoomed out view of the earth, now completely destroyed...

Event/Time Period:Big Light in Sky goes BOOM
Song:Space Age
Comments:The sun explodes in a massive BOOM. Then, show the beginning of a new star from the debris, symbolizing the repeat of History. This person is preferably the same person who animates the Creation of our Solar System.

THE END

Specs
24 FPS
10-30 seconds long
Flash CS3 or below format
No coding WHATSOEVER
Plain white background (create your own)
stage is 600x500

Menu Contest!!!
Definite credit for whoever can create the most awesome menu ever. I am the judge.

A final note
Top contributors will be credited, and if you don't get credit feel free to submit your part as a free submission. If you want to make a sig, feel free...

Thank you, have a nice day!

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-10 19:31:59

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-10 19:36:10

This is a really good idea. I'm not sure if I'll have the time to make a part. I'll have to get back to you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-10 20:23:37

At 11/10/08 07:36 PM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote: This is a really good idea. I'm not sure if I'll have the time to make a part. I'll have to get back to you.

No worries--there's no official deadline... take as much time as you want, this doesn't have to be done ANY time soon because it will be A LOT of work.

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-10 20:41:07

wow man! this is a great idea, and its not just a voilent animation, it has a point. i would love to be a part of this, il try to show you a sample of work to confirm my skill. good luck :)

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-10 20:41:58

I think I'll have time for this. Is it okay if I have the Urban Decay period? I've already started a rough outline. The beginning is going to show a hand holding a gun with a cityscape behind it. Then it will have a woman crying with a note in her hand. Then I don't know what. Anyway, here is a preview of the artwork for the gun.

The Universe Collab

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-10 20:43:17

btw i think il work on the medival part

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-10 20:46:57

Alright, current parts list:

14hourlunchbreak is doing the "urban decay" period
stickmahn34 is doing the medieval part

PLEASE NOTE: If I feel your part is unacceptable or poorly done, I have the right to remove you from the collab... so put effort into your piece, please! Remember: Absolutely no nudity, voices, or un-needed gore.

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-10 20:53:53

At 11/10/08 08:46 PM, Archon68 wrote: PLEASE NOTE: If I feel your part is unacceptable or poorly done, I have the right to remove you from the collab... so put effort into your piece, please! Remember: Absolutely no nudity, voices, or un-needed gore.

Don't worry. Nobody will shoot the gun, it's only implied that they did.

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-10 20:53:54

For the menu, a futuristic carousel around an animated sun, or a galaxy within a sphere would be cool :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-10 20:55:18

At 11/10/08 08:53 PM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote:
At 11/10/08 08:46 PM, Archon68 wrote: PLEASE NOTE: If I feel your part is unacceptable or poorly done, I have the right to remove you from the collab... so put effort into your piece, please! Remember: Absolutely no nudity, voices, or un-needed gore.
Don't worry. Nobody will shoot the gun, it's only implied that they did.

I said un-needed gore; don't put it in for the heck of it... If you think it would improve your piece, by all means allow the gun to be shot.

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-10 21:44:22

Alright... I'm going to bed... don't expect me to respond until tomorrow... G'night.

Here's batman made in Halo 3

(I did not make that, Bungie did....)

The Universe Collab

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-10 22:36:15

If so, put me down for Acceptance of Science.

This is the best collab idea I've seen in a while.

I like to rape children

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-11 06:43:01

Lenardnotlenny is doing "Acceptance of Science"

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-11 11:22:10

I'm jw, when do you want like a preview of our part?

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-11 17:24:32

Just tell me what part, make it, and If I deem it quality enough (which, most likely, I will), you'll be in the collab. It's as easy as that!

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-12 17:26:13

Still awaiting more members.....

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-12 17:46:41

its a great idea i would like to help with this,i have now the idea. i think i will choose "earth goes bye bye" and BTW can i add voice acting on it?

Life with an Eternal Headache

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-12 17:55:58

At 11/12/08 05:46 PM, Zelldoom wrote: its a great idea i would like to help with this,i have now the idea. i think i will choose "earth goes bye bye" and BTW can i add voice acting on it?

ehhh.... sorry... Just animation--I think voices would "interrupt the flow of the movie". But sure, you'll do the "earth goes bye bye" part

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-12 18:06:31

Nice idea i like it, i send a pm to you asking a part and if i can join :D

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-12 18:10:23

At 11/12/08 05:55 PM, Archon68 wrote:
ehhh.... sorry... Just animation--I think voices would "interrupt the flow of the movie". But sure, you'll do the "earth goes bye bye" part

Thanks. So i cant do voice acting, what about balloons with text? and it has to be dramatical or any way of animation?

Life with an Eternal Headache

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-12 18:42:04

At 11/12/08 06:10 PM, Zelldoom wrote:
At 11/12/08 05:55 PM, Archon68 wrote:
Thanks. So i cant do voice acting, what about balloons with text? and it has to be dramatical or any way of animation?

No. My goal is to have animators speak without text or voices. Animate what you want to say.

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-12 18:45:03

Alright, updated parts list.

MonoFlauta: Colonization
Lennardnotlenny: Acceptance of Science
stickmahn34: Medieval
14hourlunchbreak: Urban Decay

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-12 19:09:39

I think that i get a cool audio for my part, its http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 46980 ah i will cut it because will be too have the video if you dont cut the audio

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-12 19:22:06

Jimi Hendrx - 1983 (A Merman I Should Turn to Be) is a good song that would fit this theme.

i dont care if you have a song already. do it. now.

"It's sad. All these kids have to do school at home. Homeschooling. How long until a teacher fucks one of her students?" - Mark Normand

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-12 19:34:20

At 11/12/08 07:09 PM, MonoFlauta wrote: I think that i get a cool audio for my part, its http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 46980 ah i will cut it because will be too have the video if you dont cut the audio

Sure. Just make sure it fits the movie.

At 11/12/08 07:22 PM, numbers wrote: Jimi Hendrx - 1983 (A Merman I Should Turn to Be) is a good song that would fit this theme.

i dont care if you have a song already. do it. now.

Uhh... does that mean you'll do a part? Or are you just posting to annoy me?

NOTE TO ALL CURRENT AND FUTURE AUTHORS: YOU HAVE AS MUCH TIME AS YOU NEED TO MAKE YOUR PARTS. I WON'T REJECT YOU FROM ENTERING JUST BECAUSE YOUR PREVIOUS SUBMISSIONS WEREN'T OF A GOOD QUALITY; ALL I ASK IS FOR YOU TO MAKE SOMETHING YOU WILL BE PROUD OF. THANK YOU.

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-12 20:14:10

How's this for a sig?

The Universe Collab

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-12 20:28:36

I gots a sig right here

I like to rape children

BBS Signature

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-12 20:35:15

At 11/12/08 08:28 PM, LenardNotLenny wrote: I gots a sig right here
At 11/12/08 08:14 PM, Nyska wrote: How's this for a sig?

I DECLARE A SIG BATTLE!!!!!

Response to The Universe Collab 2008-11-12 20:38:41

At 11/12/08 08:28 PM, LenardNotLenny wrote: I gots a sig right here

wow yours is awesome compared to mine :O

btw I'll do 'cavemen' :)

BBS Signature