00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ConBon12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

newgrounds is for assholes

9,123 Views | 174 Replies

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 22:42:03

At 9/2/08 10:18 PM, illaMay wrote:

i dont know what i did. maybe if someone would help me rather than just say i suck then i would learn something.

Read this.

It isn't a good idea to upload something YOU didn't create. Whether you have the rights to it or not. Even if legal mumbo jumbo on ownership says it is ok, the site creator(s) still don't want it here. They want "original' work.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 22:43:23

i can live with it getting 0'd, but deleting my songs because i did a remix is fucking ridiculous. if newgrounds takes off my song remixing a nas song then they should most definitely take off all the fucking tetris remakes.

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 22:47:13

not meaning to tattle tale, but if youre going to delete illamay's "remix" then please delete this too, which uses the original instruments + an acapella.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 47419

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 22:48:24

At 9/2/08 10:42 PM, Bad-Man-Incorporated wrote:
At 9/2/08 10:18 PM, illaMay wrote:

i dont know what i did. maybe if someone would help me rather than just say i suck then i would learn something.
Read this.

It isn't a good idea to upload something YOU didn't create. Whether you have the rights to it or not. Even if legal mumbo jumbo on ownership says it is ok, the site creator(s) still don't want it here. They want "original' work.

thank you for finally takin a serious tone.
i read through everything u sent and i didnt break on rule on it. i made a 100% original piece of music and posted it with an acapella over it so people can hear it to its fullest extent.

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 22:50:11

At 9/2/08 10:43 PM, illaMay wrote: i can live with it getting 0'd, but deleting my songs because i did a remix is fucking ridiculous. if newgrounds takes off my song remixing a nas song then they should most definitely take off all the fucking tetris remakes.

I like how you want an explanation, and when you get it, you ignore it. Your song was deleted because it was breaking the rules.

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 22:50:13

At 9/2/08 10:48 PM, SadSpoon wrote: word

i bet you don't obey the law entirely in real life.

hey
hey
hey

smoke weed every day

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 22:53:05

I like how you want an explanation, and when you get it, you ignore it. Your song was deleted because it was breaking the rules.

didnt break the rules though. how can i get my shit deleted for a song i made?

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 22:57:55

At 9/2/08 10:52 PM, SadSpoon wrote:
At 9/2/08 10:47 PM, S3C wrote: not meaning to tattle tale, but if youre going to delete illamay's "remix" then please delete this too, which uses the original instruments + an acapella.

yeah why is b0unc3 not getting banned for using acapellas?

He either uses acapellas made for him or ones that are free to use as told by the author.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 23:02:53

At 9/2/08 10:53 PM, illaMay wrote:
didnt break the rules though. how can i get my shit deleted for a song i made?

Sorry for the double post, but what was the original acapella from? Like what Nas song?

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 23:07:42

At 9/2/08 10:48 PM, illaMay wrote:

thank you for finally takin a serious tone.
i read through everything u sent and i didnt break on rule on it. i made a 100% original piece of music and posted it with an acapella over it so people can hear it to its fullest extent.

The a capella breaks the rules, dude. You didn't make it.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 23:13:35

Sorry for the double post, but what was the original acapella from? Like what Nas song?

the song is called "hope" and its off of the album "hip hop is dead"
the song was an acapella on the album and was never released with any instruments under it.

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 23:19:21

The hypocrisy in this thread is enormous. So then should we ban every user who made a videogame remix, because they didn't create it.

I highly doubt they got permission.

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 23:22:01

At 9/2/08 11:19 PM, KgZ wrote: The hypocrisy in this thread is enormous. So then should we ban every user who made a videogame remix, because they didn't create it.

Its not about permission, as stated earlier.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 23:22:07

At 9/2/08 11:19 PM, KgZ wrote: The hypocrisy in this thread is enormous. So then should we ban every user who made a videogame remix, because they didn't create it.

*sigh*

You should read the rules more carefully- you're allowed to use COMPOSITIONS on the thought they are arranged from scratch (IE no direct midi imports). you can use the notes- but not the actual waveform.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 23:25:49

The a capella breaks the rules, dude. You didn't make it.

ok. i can respect that. i just think that it would be more fair if they would take off that one song, i can take off nas's rapping and i can re post it. ng took off all of my songs.

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 23:26:39

Still, it's called sampling. It's a total musical form of art. I can't argue that he didn't break the rules, but it sounds like a very gray area.

www.macjams.com/artist/kgz (Download links)

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 23:32:01

At 9/2/08 11:26 PM, KgZ wrote: Still, it's called sampling. It's a total musical form of art. I can't argue that he didn't break the rules, but it sounds like a very gray area.

it is a very gray area and i think it should be resolved rather than having all of my songs removed and me banned from submitting.

innocent until provin guilty, not the other way around

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 23:38:26

At 9/2/08 11:26 PM, KgZ wrote: Still, it's called sampling. It's a total musical form of art. I can't argue that he didn't break the rules, but it sounds like a very gray area.

I agree, it is a gray area, as I linked to above (which I love how it gets overlooked) the song is using more than just an acapella.

I can point out aplenty of songs in the AP that use some type of copyrighted sample. Ru;es will be rules and if you're going to follow them strictly they should be enforced on everyone.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 23:39:57

I can point out aplenty of songs in the AP that use some type of copyrighted sample. Ru;es will be rules and if you're going to follow them strictly they should be enforced on everyone.

what else is it using?

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 23:43:14

At 9/2/08 11:39 PM, illaMay wrote:

what else is it using?

I'm going to assume you meant to quote the first part of my message.

CrescentDolls used the actual instruments in the song in the addition to the acapella.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-02 23:44:05

At 9/2/08 11:32 PM, illaMay wrote:
it is a very gray area and i think it should be resolved rather than having all of my songs removed and me banned from submitting.

innocent until provin guilty, not the other way around

Dude, you broke the rules. It wasn't a "gray" area.
I can't stress this enough. Nothing needs to be "resolved". Start a new account, and try again.

resolved.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-03 00:08:43

Using copyrighted vocals, instruments, effects, ANYTHING copyrighted without permission and posting it to NG will result in a deletion and/or ban. This is not the standard policy in the world, especially on the internet - there's TONS of sites out there that allow it.

Not us.

If the owner of a copyrighted song comes along and finds their copyrighted vocals over a song without their permission, they could potentially sue both you and NG into the ground. We don't want to take the risk, so we ban copyrighted stuff outright.

Don't give us any bullshit about vocals "bringing out the mix". If it's illegal on this site, it's illegal on this site. Arguing with us will not change the final decision.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-03 00:22:12

Alright, so War-Spawn just told me that the vocal track in question was part of a contest made by the composer. Regardless of whether or not the vocals are under Creative Commons or not, your "dead wrong remix" is certainly still copyrighted, and therefore you're still banned.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-03 01:23:32

Everything important have already been said in this thread, I can just add that everyone who gets banned gets equally überpwnd - i.e. permabanned.

There's really not much else to discuss. I don't expect to see this thread bumped for a bullshit reason, however I'll leave it open in case somone still don't understand what the submission-rules are etc.

Wakka wakka

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-03 01:34:15

Yes, please tell me why this song is allowed on the portal:

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-03 01:56:10

At 9/3/08 01:34 AM, S3C wrote: Yes, please tell me why this song is allowed on the portal:

There are a fuckload more like it on the portal too. Once someone is approved the first time, they pretty much have free reign to upload whatever the fuck they want. Sometimes it just takes people to find them and point them out. When they are, they are added to a "shitlist", unless the admins do something about it faster.
Thanks for pointing it out.

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-03 02:21:39

What's the deal with sampling spoken lines from a movie? Considering that it's not copyrighted as music, would taking a couple of lines be okay? Not to the extent where it's like this, but more to the extent of this.
What's the general view on this sort of sampling?
I just thought I'd like to ask here because I've been thinking about incorporating a couple of quotes from Hot Fuzz into my latest DnB track.

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-03 02:44:22

I would be very interested to know how this turns out, because I made a remix of Fort Minor's "Remember the Name."

However, the samples and acapellas I used were released to the public by Mike Shinoda (the artist), himself, for the very purpose of allowing people to make remixes of his song.

If I am requested to remove it from my account, I will not hesitate to follow the directive. However, I would appreciate it if that could not be the case, as I put a great deal of time and effort into creating the track in the first place. I honestly think that it should be alright to use accapellas if the accapella has been released to the the public by the author and/or producer. Any other situations should not be allowed.

Perhaps we should have it inserted into the tos that the user certifies that they have the right to use the content, otherwise they accept that their account may be deleted.

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-03 03:42:03

Knowing your name and seeing you lots on NG I think you should be one of the guys that KNOW the rules.... so you have anserwerd your own question Tonic...

Is it SO HARD to create ORIGINAL work? Is it (once again) that EVERYONE spontanious forgot WHY the AP has been created? Not to show of how great you are in remixing music that does not need a remix...
Be creative, be bold, make your OWN SHIZZ and be proud.
Think twice before you upload, its more then show off!!!
Anyways.... enough ranting... I hope this topic will wake up a few people, saves a lot of time and topics...

Retro never get old!

Response to newgrounds is for assholes 2008-09-03 05:11:24

rules are rules.

Wyldfyre1