00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

officialkingcrab0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio won't upload?

905 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio won't upload? 2008-08-29 23:13:41

This is the fourth time I've uploaded audio to the portal. For some reason, the MP3 just won't finish uploading. I gave it an hour, then decided to refresh the page and try again. It still hasn't uploaded! The file is 6.4MB and has no spaces in its name. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm firin my lazor! :O==================

Response to Audio won't upload? 2008-08-29 23:19:29

At 8/29/08 11:13 PM, Darksporks wrote: This is the fourth time I've uploaded audio to the portal. For some reason, the MP3 just won't finish uploading. I gave it an hour, then decided to refresh the page and try again. It still hasn't uploaded! The file is 6.4MB and has no spaces in its name. Anyone else have this problem?

File size is limited to 8 MB. Must be sampled at 44.1 kHz

obviously meets the size requirement, is it sampled at the correct rate? connection problems? try again later?

Omg

Response to Audio won't upload? 2008-08-29 23:35:25

At 8/29/08 11:19 PM, THEBEASTKING wrote:
At 8/29/08 11:13 PM, Darksporks wrote: This is the fourth time I've uploaded audio to the portal. For some reason, the MP3 just won't finish uploading. I gave it an hour, then decided to refresh the page and try again. It still hasn't uploaded! The file is 6.4MB and has no spaces in its name. Anyone else have this problem?
File size is limited to 8 MB. Must be sampled at 44.1 kHz

obviously meets the size requirement, is it sampled at the correct rate? connection problems? try again later?

I doubt it's the bitrate. I exported it with the same settings as the other three. They all have a bitrate of 128... I don't know how to check the sampling rate. Connection problems = probably not. I mean, if I can post this message then I'm connected to the tubes. I've been trying this thing for about 12 hours now...

Response to Audio won't upload? 2008-09-04 19:28:54

I have the same problem! It never loads

I LIKE CATS

Response to Audio won't upload? 2008-09-05 16:26:28

Happening again... I don't really know what it is, but some days it just refuses to upload anythng

Response to Audio won't upload? 2008-09-05 18:27:06

Could be your service provider. Most internet service is asynchronous, meaning your upload speeds are *MUCH* lower than your download speeds. On top of that, some consumer isps, such as Comcast, filter traffic and throttle or block upload streams altogether trying to block p2p (bittorrent, Kazaa et al).

The first thing to try is uploading it to another website - or to a friend over MSN. See how long the transfer takes and if it completes - if not, it's your provider.

If it does complete, then it may just be that you're trying at a really busy time of the day and NGs ftp server is getting hammered, in which case just try again at a different time. For example, type out everything in notepad ready, then just fire up your pc in the morning. Paste your notes in, select the file, and go get ready for work / school. By the time you're done, it's probably ready.

Response to Audio won't upload? 2008-09-06 16:02:26

1) I have tried literally every hour of the day.
2) There's no progress bar on the NG upload thing, so I'm not quite sure what's happening
3) I have Verizon DSL
4) It seems to upload for about 3 minutes, then it just stops. Safari reports that the page is no longer loading, and my upload speed is reported at 0kb/s...

Before, I just had to wait until the next day, but this time, I've been trying to upload my last and greatest song for FOUR DAYS.... WHAT THE HELL?

Response to Audio won't upload? 2008-09-06 16:44:52

Upload attempt #17 failed
Trying for the 18th time...

Response to Audio won't upload? 2008-09-06 16:52:25

Try a different web browser, like FireFox. (I'm just assuming you're on a Mac because you're using Safari) Sometimes I think using a different browser might work. I've never used Safari, but switching browsers should be worth a shot considering how much of a problem you're having.

And by the way, if you don't know how to change the sample rate in the program you're using to 44.1 kHz, you can import the track into Audacity, then go to "Edit > Preferences > Quality tab", then set "Default sample rate" to 44100 Hz.

Response to Audio won't upload? 2008-09-06 17:00:48

Ok... I downloaded Firefox for Mac. Now trying to upload there, and...

That's odd. Safari and iTunes just simultaneously crashed. I hope that means Firefox is making progress.

Response to Audio won't upload? 2008-09-06 17:03:50

SUCCESS!!!!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 70587

The firefox trick worked. Thanks a lot! :D

Response to Audio won't upload? 2008-09-06 20:16:18

Huh.
Do this: copy said file onto a flash drive, switch to a DIFFERENT computer (friends maybe?) and upload it there. Or IDK..... reboot?

It's because I'm awesome that I do these things!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio won't upload? 2023-11-10 21:05:00

I'm trying to upload an Audio file, but I keep getting the same message: "There was a connection problem." My Internet connection is fine. It doesn't make sense.