00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

need opinions on artwork for shirt!

904 Views | 17 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey guys, haven't posted here yet but seems like the best place to do so without people posting a bunch of inane responses,

I'm having the attached graphic printed on some shirts; I need to pick two out of the four color combos though to get done. Which two of the four would you guys say to go with??

Kind of a poll I guess, other feedback is welcome though. Thanks!

need opinions on artwork for shirt!

BBS Signature

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 01:08:35

Great art, I like it, but I don't like how some areas are really detailed, but others lack any.

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 01:18:20

Thanks for the feedback,

I referenced photos of doves for the artwork, they are very sleekly built birds without much visible detail on their breasts and feathers.. though, I have gotten similar comments, so I'm thinking of maybe adding a little more detail to the tail feathers and MAYBE some detail to the breast, not positive though. I can imagine once printed though it may seem not so great having such a big block of solid print,

As far as the color combos go, would you be able to narrow it down to two out of the four that you like most? Plan on getting these printed soon, so I'm in a rush, haha

At 7/22/08 01:08 AM, willobeen wrote: Great art, I like it, but I don't like how some areas are really detailed, but others lack any.

BBS Signature

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 01:53:34

yeah, the text doesn't seem to flow well with the bird. You should play around with that a little and get it right, then it will look quite nice. I'd say I like the red scheme the best

BBS Signature

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 03:11:12

If I was going to pick any of them, I'd pick the red one.

The picture just looks better in those colours.

By the way, where's the feet of the bird?

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 04:34:16

personally i like the blue/purple the most

what is this though? a band?

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 04:36:38

I'd say either red or blue.

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 04:54:00

Yeh, I like the black one best. good picture btw.

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 05:02:58

Thanks for all the replies guys,

Clitorotti, I doubt I'll mess with the text too much at this point, though i'll keep it in mind. Maybe a cleanup at least to neaten up the lines and such,

Kuro, thanks for your vote - feet of the bird were actually purposely left out as I felt they'd detract from things, kind of like an unnecessary detail.. glad you brought it up though, I think I'm going to add them in and see how it looks.

Zekey, thanks for your vote also. It's actually a clothing brand, of which this is the third design I'm having printed. Once it's done, I'm going to finish putting the site together and start selling these things. It's more of a learning experience as to how a business is run, rather than a serious step into a career in fashion.

BBS Signature

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 05:06:42

love the black and red

I DONT KNOW WHY MY SIG SUCKS. [NG Log] [Pinoy Club]

BBS Signature

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 08:16:52

The white one looks good. But you should change the colour of the text. Green doesn't seem to fit well.

BBS Signature

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 08:28:09

I reckon you should change the colour of the text to the same colour of the bird in all 4 options.

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 08:33:54

I saw go with the black background one and the white background one. Personally I like those color schemes the best for the style that's on the shirt.

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 11:12:52

I would wear it...

Only Apples Have The Right To be Red

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 12:22:22

Thanks for all the replies guys,

So far, black is leading with red coming in second, just beating out the cream/blue shirts. I'll likely be ordering the shirts today so this could decide it!

Once again, I'll be taking all comments into consideration. When the thing is actually printed, I'll post up some shots too. Thanks again-

BBS Signature

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 13:08:16

I personally like the black one and the white one the best, though I don't think that the green goes on the white one. Also, if you do have the white one printed up, make sure you fix the beak, because right now, it's solidly colored in, unlike an outline like the rest of the prints.

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-22 23:07:37

The white and green ones the best

Response to need opinions on artwork for shirt! 2008-07-23 00:29:09

Go with the Red one, that one is defined and will look really good, gives it that punkish indie look, which is exactly what the shirt kinda looks like it should be Anyways XP. Very nice designs By the way.