00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

harkhan71 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Palette Magazine

801 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Palette Magazine 2008-07-21 21:34:20

Alright, let me explain the purpose of this thread.

BACKGROUND: This is a magazine I am designing called "Palette" its primarily an art and design magazine aimed at giving exposure to up and coming young artists. This is a prototype and will not be published. If it works out in the future maybe I'll publish it as a PDF but we'll see.

So, the purpose of this thread is to keep organized with the people in the existing issue, please don't ask to be put into the magazine, this issue is already organized. So I need the artists involved to please PM or email me with the details I need.

It would also be nice if I could get some constructive criticism on the cover, its only my first draft.

WHAT I NEED: if you have it...
SpencerMann - high res versions of the images titled "bubbles" "sdgbv" and "ffdgg"
underarock high res version of "breathe again" "tell tale" and "fur and bones"

I have everything I need from - Muffdiver 102, brycemilburn, nathanielmilburn and HandsomeJake

thanks

Palette Magazine

BBS Signature

Response to Palette Magazine 2008-07-21 21:36:33

front cover

Palette Magazine

BBS Signature

Response to Palette Magazine 2008-07-21 21:38:21

back cover

Palette Magazine

BBS Signature

Response to Palette Magazine 2008-07-21 21:57:02

Very interesting... I want to see the end result.

Somebody feel bad for me and make me a sig.

If not fuck you.

Response to Palette Magazine 2008-07-21 22:03:10

Cool... good idea! :) ...but if it's not getting printed, why does it need a back cover... and a barcode? lol ...if it does get printed, the first image (spread) is backwards (the front cover should be on the right, back cover on the left).

Looking forward to seeing the insides! :D

Response to Palette Magazine 2008-07-21 22:11:54

At 7/21/08 10:03 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Cool... good idea! :) ...but if it's not getting printed, why does it need a back cover... and a barcode? lol ...if it does get printed, the first image (spread) is backwards (the front cover should be on the right, back cover on the left).

Looking forward to seeing the insides! :D

yeah, I know the layout is backwards, haha. realized that after I saved it. Its a good question why I put on a barcode, it just looks right to me I guess. But yeah, the first issue will be printed, but if I distribute it, it will be in a PDF format, too expensive for high quality printing these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Palette Magazine 2008-07-21 22:25:55

At 7/21/08 10:11 PM, Clitorotti wrote: ...too expensive for high quality printing these days.

It just so happens that I work at a printing company... maybe I could help you out! (the postage will probably kill ya though! lol)

Response to Palette Magazine 2008-07-22 00:23:15

Yeeeaaaahhh, I don't have high-res versions of those. Whatever size they are on DeviantArt is the biggest I have for 'em.
Sorry, mate.

BBS Signature

Response to Palette Magazine 2008-07-22 00:41:02

At 7/22/08 12:23 AM, SpencerMann wrote: Yeeeaaaahhh, I don't have high-res versions of those. Whatever size they are on DeviantArt is the biggest I have for 'em.
Sorry, mate.

alright, no problem. but any chance you could send me the largest version of "bubbles" that you have, because you can't take images off deviantart

BBS Signature

Response to Palette Magazine 2008-07-22 23:02:00

bump

BBS Signature