00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Joss Whedon Crew

18,453 Views | 112 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2008-08-08 22:11:24

At 8/8/08 10:08 PM, hongkongexpress wrote: I hope he would make a mini series to close up the last episode with the movie.

That's what Those Left Behind is. Starts some time after the final episode of the series, ends with the Operative being given his orders to purse River. Inara leaves the ship, and Book states that he intends to, setting up everything for the film.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2008-08-16 11:10:27

Mark Sheppard for Dollhouse.

He played Badger in Firefly and Romo Lampkin in Battlestar Galactica. He's ace. Hope he's going to be a regular.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2008-08-21 20:21:31

This is tempting.

Just because the collection as a whole looks so ace. £7.99 for 4 episodes is pretty steep, though, especially when I've got them all already. I can't see it selling well, especially when you can get the full seasons for £10 each. Shame, it would be a nice thing to have, it's just too expensive.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2008-08-21 23:56:10

I gotta agree the expense is too muchly I think. Especially because anyone who wants can go out and spend a 100 bucks american apiece and get the whole of both series, and with more features it seems like.

I really can't wait to check out Doll's House, or for Dr. Horrible to hit DVD. Dr. Horrible I think is going to be sweet with all the special features.

To add to something earlier, Joss had the same problem with the original Buffy movie, he did a good script, had obviously a great concept, and the people who were in charge of putting it to film did not get it, did not care, and while it's a fun bit of camp, it's not anything really ground breaking.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2008-09-09 16:40:01

I nearly bought Long Way Home and No Future For You from Waterstones since they had a 3 for 2 on all graphic novels, but I couldn't pick a third.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2008-09-17 19:08:10

Whedonesque says Firefly is streaming for free from IMDB at this address, but I can't see them. Maybe America only? It is though Hulu, and the majority of stuff on there isn't viewable over here.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2008-10-03 17:54:43

Saw a bit of Firefly on the SciFi channel earlier. Remembered what a great show it is. Might have to check out some of Whedon's other work. Never watched Buffy before so...

Shiny!

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2008-10-03 18:00:59

At 10/3/08 05:54 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Saw a bit of Firefly on the SciFi channel earlier. Remembered what a great show it is. Might have to check out some of Whedon's other work. Never watched Buffy before so...

Shiny!

Yeah, I caught a bit of Objects in Space when I was having my tea.

Buffy is good, but I watched it wanting more Firefly, and it's not that. It different, and honestly, it's nowhere near as good. I still love it, it's an excellent show, but I'd take the one season of Firefly over all seven of Buffy any day.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2008-10-03 18:10:31

At 10/3/08 06:00 PM, TheMaster wrote: Yeah, I caught a bit of Objects in Space when I was having my tea.

We live such similar lives :O CONSPIRACY!

But yeah, Its rare I take to a TV series like I did to Firefly. Plus Serenity gave me a mental image that I'll remember forever :)

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2008-10-03 18:22:56

River's fights in Serenity are my favourite action sequences of all time.

Firefly and Serenity have so many quotes that stick with you, too. River's "No power in the 'verse can stop me" and "My turn" are definitely two of the main ones, but the bit that stuck with me the most is this bit from Safe. It's just so awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2008-10-03 18:57:39

Also, anyone done an Evil League of Evil application, to get mentioned as a member on the DVD?

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2008-10-25 21:21:55

Hey guys, I'm a big fan of Firefly, TheMaster, remember when I said hi to Alan Tudyk (Wash) for you?

You conniving, randy, bogus-Oriental old queen! Your record sleeves are better than your songs!

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2008-10-26 08:37:39

At 10/25/08 09:21 PM, Rebbay wrote: Hey guys, I'm a big fan of Firefly, TheMaster, remember when I said hi to Alan Tudyk (Wash) for you?

Haha, oh yeah, I'd totally forgotten about that.

In other news, Joss has posted his first blog on Whedonesque in ages, regarding the Dollhouse production break, and the rewrites Fox forced on him, but he's still positive and is insisting it's for the best. Just have to hope they don't cock it up like they did Firefly.

Link.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2008-12-11 10:49:05

I went on a bit of a Whedon spending spree and bought Long Way Home, No Future For You, Wolves at the Gate and Better Days, and plan to get the two Angel: After the Fall collections, and maybe Fray before Christmas.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-01-12 17:31:49

Interview with Fox's entertainment chairman regarding Dollhouse.

Link: http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article /CA6628236.html?industryid=47168

"Is Dollhouse as bad as we are hearing?

Joss Whedon has an unbelievably loyal fan base, and he really knows how to write to that fan base. I expect that they're going to be there. They're going to enjoy his show. One of the things about airing on Friday night, a show is not expected to have those boffo ratings.

So you're not burying him in the Friday graveyard?

No, I'm not burying him in the Friday graveyard. I'm giving him a little bit of a reprieve by being on Friday."

Fuck Fox.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-02-23 18:58:47

I don't know if any of you have been keeping up with Dollhouse, but I've enjoyed it so far. First episode was a bit dodgy, but the second was much better. Especially the whole Alpha storyline they've started, the rogue Active who went insane and killed everyone near him apart from Echo in a matter of seconds due to all the different personalities and skills he had access to.

Well, they've just announced who he's going to be played by today when he finally appears in the show. Brace for awesome.

Alan. Motherfucking. Tudyk.

I can't fucking wait. You've already got Eliza Dushku, Amy Acker and Mark Sheppard in there, but adding Tudyk to the mix, especially as the main villain? This show is perfect.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-02-23 19:09:03

At 7/9/08 10:58 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 7/9/08 10:55 AM, Dejanus wrote: The best thing about Whedon is the fact that he develops his characters so well, and yet will kill them off almost on a whim. It adds a sense of realism and kind of bypasses the old "how do they all survive this?" cliche.
Wash.

I just shed a tear.

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar."

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-04-10 19:39:18

Dollhouse cancelled, and Fox isn't even going to air the final episode.

They purchased 13 episodes from Joss, and they've decided they're counting his unaired pilot as one of them, so they will not be airing the final episode of the series.

Seriously man, fuck Fox. It's Firefly all over again.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-04-10 21:28:42

I'm a big fan of the Buffy series, my mom got me into it when I was only twelve and I've been hooked since. I'm not a very big fan of Angel though, in my opinion it was an unnecessary spin-off that wasn't essential to the Buffy storyline.

I'm not familiar with Joss Whedon's other works besides the new show Dollhouse of course, so I can't really say I'm a big fan of him.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-04-10 21:33:21

At 4/10/09 09:28 PM, JckFox wrote: I'm a big fan of the Buffy series, my mom got me into it when I was only twelve and I've been hooked since. I'm not a very big fan of Angel though, in my opinion it was an unnecessary spin-off that wasn't essential to the Buffy storyline.

Angel is fantastic, apart from the dodgy 4th season. Episodes like "A Hole In The World" and "Not Fade Away" are some of the best TV I've ever seen. They're not quite as good as Buffy was at it's best (seasons 2 and 3), but they're better than most of it.

I'm not familiar with Joss Whedon's other works besides the new show Dollhouse of course, so I can't really say I'm a big fan of him.

Firefly is his best work. Pretty similar in tone to Buffy, with the humour in with the drama, but way better.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-04-19 18:19:10

At 4/19/09 04:47 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Hope forDollhouse?

Either way, I'm getting the dvd.

Apparently most of Fox's shows are doing so bad at the minute, they're really grasping at straws for anything that'll pull in decent ratings. Hopefully they'll keep Dollhouse on.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-05-02 18:25:42

Fuck episode 11 of Dollhouse was amazing. Alpha was perfect. I'd imagine he was even more awesome for people who didn't know Tudyk was going to be playing him, and so wouldn't have known it was him until he started cutting people up.

It's so irritating that this show is just starting to get up to Whedon's usual standards, and it's probably going to be cancelled.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-05-03 05:20:12

Been wanting to see Dollhouse for a while now but haven't noticed it on UK TV. Anyone know if it's started airing yet, and where?

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-05-03 05:30:28

At 5/3/09 05:20 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Been wanting to see Dollhouse for a while now but haven't noticed it on UK TV. Anyone know if it's started airing yet, and where?

Starts on Sci-Fi soonish. Saw an advert for it yesterday, can't remember the exact date.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-05-09 17:56:00

At 7/9/08 10:34 AM, Dejanus wrote: Take my Love

Take my land

Take me where I cannot stand

I dont care

Im still free

You cant take the sky from me

In for only the sake of Firefly and Serenity myself.

Ditto.
I lovelovelove Firefly.
Dont'cha think it's cunning?

It's America's Hat!

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-05-16 08:45:47

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-05-16 09:23:30

At 5/16/09 08:45 AM, TheMaster wrote: FUCKING YES!

Still haven't seen anything of the first series :(
Did rewatch Serenity last night though and was reminded how great it is.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-06-15 16:05:18

What's everyone think of the new Buffy movie they're doing then? No Joss, it's helmed by the director of the original (and awful) Buffy film. Remake, scrapping all characters apart from Buffy and starting it pre-Sunnydale.

Yeah, it'll be shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-06-16 12:38:53

At 6/16/09 07:49 AM, Sensationalism wrote: Just started watching Firefly recently, and I'm in love!! Gonna watch it all and then watch Serenity.

While Serenity is an awesome film, I do think Objects in Space was a better end to the series than Serenity was. Serenity feels very much like the first part of a film series, not the end of one. Objects in Space, on the other hand, ends with River proving she isn't useless, and the rest of the crew accepting her after discussing throwing her off the ship earlier, so there's a bit of closure.

Plus, Objects in Space has Jubal Early, who is beyond awesome.

In non-Firefly related news, I've been rewatching bits of Buffy Season 6 since it airs on FX at the same time as I have my breaks from college, and it's a lot better than I remember it being. Generally, I rank the seasons 3>2>1>4>6>7>5, but on a rewatch, I'd definitely rank season 6 above season 4, and probably above season 1 as well. The first half of it in particular is excellent, with "Once More, With Feeling", "Tabula Rasa" and "Normal Again" in it, it just starts to drop in quality with the whole Dark Willow storyline, which was a bit shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-06-22 17:01:37

Whedon's birthday tomorrow. TFAW.com have all their Whedon stuff on sale to celebrate.

BBS Signature