00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YendorNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Collab Rules

34,991 Views | 145 Replies

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-06-14 17:00:41

Odd, you are actually forcing people to follow rules on their creativity and right to express that creativity. Little bit of a dictatorship me thinks. I see the reason but you could never truly enforce such rules, as could easily be seen in the Flash Portal.

Might I add, do these rules just cover the right to advertise that you want to start a collab on the forums or is it that collab as a whole and every aspect of making it, and promoting it, and submitting it?!

Good luck with that. lol

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-06-14 17:09:09

At 6/14/09 05:00 PM, Eternal-Bloodblade wrote: Might I add, do these rules just cover the right to advertise that you want to start a collab on the forums or is it that collab as a whole and every aspect of making it, and promoting it, and submitting it?!

These rules are just for those wishing to run a collab on the BBS. And we do enforce these rules.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-06-19 08:38:29

jmtb02, I was thinking of Making an Assassins Creed collab, my batting average is only 2.04 but that's why I'm asking, please :)

All of ur derp are belong to us

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-06-19 21:09:14

Thanks to those retarded rules, I can't do a collab. Good goin', losers.

If there were one thing I would take away from the world, it would be this guy.

^you know, I have actually gotten two PMs from newbs saying "WHAT THE FUCK WHY ME?!"^^^^

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-06-30 18:27:36

I would be glad to have permission I mean, I have spent 3 years writing this movie I want to make, I hope you can give permission to me, I will follow all of the rules, (P.S. sorry about not reading this rule

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-07-16 02:36:26

Are you allowed to start a collaboration using this thread, or is it mandatory to start one of your own?

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-07-16 02:40:05

At 7/16/09 02:36 AM, jakenator85 wrote: Are you allowed to start a collaboration using this thread, or is it mandatory to start one of your own?

This thread is just for the rules... You are supposed to make a new topic for a collab, but don't get all stoked about that because you need a battling average of 3.5 or higher, and you don't have a flash submitted to Newgrounds, so the mods will lock your threads up.

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-07-16 03:51:28

At 6/19/09 09:09 PM, Andrewboy895 wrote: Thanks to those retarded rules, I can't do a collab. Good goin', losers.

Yes, because I'm sure you WONDERFUL flash animations certainly makes you better than the rest of us. Just stop complaining over a year old rule.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-07-16 04:13:42

At 5/22/08 02:45 PM, Gatling wrote: Well, it seems fair, though I still think a 3.5 BA is a little high.

well realy its because

0 - Pointless, its nothing, its crap. Or I just want blam points (but blam points usually isn't the reason your litterly spammed with 0s)
1 - Uh.... worst attempt I'v seen
2 - Its good for a start, you'll improve
3 - haha I loled at the end
4 - LOL!! Good good. I never expected the end
5 - W.I.N. (but usually most good submissions are merely at 4.36, because some people will spam 5, and some people will spam 4 )

so I hope you know

I do voice acting

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-08-03 04:43:55

i wanna join but i dont have any flash submissions , what if i submit a madness TEST and i got 3.5 from it , will you let me join the collab ? i really wanted to participate in a collab , i also have 3 months animating experience .

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-08-03 06:19:58

oops sorry for double posting , but... this is the rules for a collab not to participate in a collab , sorry i was looking for a collab :x my bad

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-08-03 10:11:02

Its interesting cause when i manually work out my B/A its 3.705 but if i hover over my name when i search for myself it comes up with N/A

anyone else getting this problem?

- LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK - LOCK -

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-08-05 20:02:33

why hasnt this thread been stickied? Someone needs to rewrite the first post in a sticky thread. Anyone who is complaining about these rules is an idiot. How can anyone expect a decent collab from someone who cant make something decent on his own? Great reason for the raised BA, so shut up about it.

Age of Shuriken, an ambitious RPG game, is in need of a Background Artist! Check coolroy's page for more info:

http://coolroy.newgrounds.com/news/

post/492693

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-08-05 21:29:49

At 8/5/09 08:02 PM, tomocles wrote: why hasnt this thread been stickied? Someone needs to rewrite the first post in a sticky thread.

THere's a link to this thread in the bbs rules.
New users: Read before posting!
Under "Forum Specific"

New Collab Rules

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-08-05 23:01:25

ah, well, that's good enough. Dont even remember that we had those stickies, been so used to understanding the rules. :P

Age of Shuriken, an ambitious RPG game, is in need of a Background Artist! Check coolroy's page for more info:

http://coolroy.newgrounds.com/news/

post/492693

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-08-14 19:36:27

Ouch. I'm glad I checked here just before I posted my collab thread. Looks like I've gotta go the PM route if I want this to work...

Right off the bat, I don't have the first two requirements. I'm much more a musician than a flash artist, so I haven't even submitted any flash (but my BA for audio would probably be around 4.35 - 4.39, so at least that proves that I can put in the work)... I suppose I need to spend a bit of time reinforcing my planning before I PM, though. I don't want there to be any question whether I can handle it or not...

I do have one question, though, about the "first post" requirements. How accurate do the start and end dates have to be? By that I mean: do the dates have to be something like "April 14, 2010", or like "sometime between April and June 2010"?
I understand that the start date likely has to be more specific, but even then wouldn't you have to have the majority of your team assembled before you decided on a date? I guess I was under the impression that a collab thread's purpose was to help bring the team together in the first place, so that would make it difficult to decide on a date in the first post... unless I've been mislead somehow, or perhaps missed something when I was going through the rules?

Most recent release: [ Stephanie ]

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-08-14 20:15:12

At 8/14/09 07:36 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: (but my BA for audio would probably be around 4.35 - 4.39, so at least that proves that I can put in the work)

Ah. My bad. It's actually 4.19. I guess it includes all submissions, not just the top few. w/e. The point remains.

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-08-14 20:20:11

At 8/14/09 07:36 PM, ObsidianSnow wrote: I do have one question, though, about the "first post" requirements. How accurate do the start and end dates have to be?

Well normally, the start date is from when the thread is posted (unless it's a time trial type collab). It's best to have the end date as specific as possible, as it'll help keep people motivated. You can leave the end date more open ended if you want, but remember it's up to you (the collab hoster) to chase up people and make sure they hand their stuff in.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-08-14 20:33:52

@Kirk-Cocaine:

Alright, sweet. That makes sense. Thanks. I'll get this worked out sometime soon, then.

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-08-14 21:17:21

Are you allowed to start a collab in this thread?

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-08-15 18:27:11

At 7/16/09 02:40 AM, Brad wrote:

you don't have a flash submitted to Newgrounds, so the mods will lock your threads up.

Yeah I do, I've had one since August 4th. And another one in the 8th.

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-08-15 19:11:56

At 8/15/09 06:27 PM, jakenator85 wrote: Yeah I do, I've had one since August 4th. And another one in the 8th.

Read the first post you foolish man. And no, you can't start a collab in this thread. In fact, at the moment, YOU can't start a collab anywhere on the BBS.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-09-13 19:22:13

sounds good

Watch This Or You Will Die

also NVIDIA GeForce G210M

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-09-13 19:56:13

3.5 BA is like a 3.5 GPA, a bit strict, no?

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-09-13 20:13:55

At 9/13/09 07:56 PM, Cryoma wrote: 3.5 BA is like a 3.5 GPA, a bit strict, no?

No it's not. It weeds out the people who suck at flash.

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-09-30 17:35:05

Ok well I'm thinking of making a game, but I am totally useless when it comes to making flash.
My idea is really good but even if I spent time learning how to make good flash, it still wouldn't be good enough.
I'm not planning on taking credit or anything, but I need someone who can code the game for me.
All I would do is be the author of the story, game system, character appearance, etc.
I just don't know how to do the rest and don't have much time to learn how.

Would it even be a collab if I didn't actually contribute to the coding, instead just provide the concept and outline?

And if it is do I REALLY have to have a 3.5 batting average? I'll never get that, I don't want credit, I just want the game to be a reality.

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-09-30 17:47:05

At 9/30/09 05:35 PM, Alex2542 wrote: Ok well I'm thinking of making a game, but I am totally useless when it comes to making flash.
My idea is really good but even if I spent time learning how to make good flash, it still wouldn't be good enough.
I'm not planning on taking credit or anything, but I need someone who can code the game for me.
All I would do is be the author of the story, game system, character appearance, etc.
I just don't know how to do the rest and don't have much time to learn how.

Would it even be a collab if I didn't actually contribute to the coding, instead just provide the concept and outline?

And if it is do I REALLY have to have a 3.5 batting average? I'll never get that, I don't want credit, I just want the game to be a reality.

I'm pretty sure that finding a partner for a Flash project is absolutely fine and not covered by the collab rules (they come up all the time, and I've never seen one locked for this reason). So I think you should be fine posting.

As long as your work is decent, there are WAY too many threads for terrible artists looking for programmers. If you post bad art you are going to get a bad coder.`

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-09-30 17:59:22

Artist? Like sprite maker? Or just real art. Or to program the animation?

Response to New Collab Rules 2009-12-19 19:01:15

The rules are fair for me.

If something is hard to do its not worth doing!(Homer Simpson)

BBS Signature

Response to New Collab Rules 2010-01-16 21:58:43

At 1/16/10 08:24 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: That's bullshit.. 3.5 batting average... This system is RIGGED!

tee hee

BBS Signature