00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Stick Showdown Collab #3

40,728 Views | 1,282 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-10 16:40:16

At 9/9/08 05:18 PM, SHOQ wrote: dude the winrar compression method brought the menu down about 5000kb, still a shitload too much to send through email. not its at 69 000 kb. we need it down to 10 000 kb at most.

I told you, theres a way to cut the file into 'parts.'
So if its 69000kb, and you make each "part" 9900kb (leave 100 kb to be safe), you will have 7 different files. Then when you e-mail each one seperately, they will become just 1 fla one you unrar them.

This isn't exactly ideal though, going with rapidshare or something is probably the smartest thing to do..

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-10 17:35:50

id rather cut it up can you tell me how to do that here.

Survival | Coming Soon to a Newgrounds Portal near you!

BBS Signature

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-10 17:49:22

hey guys, i dont know if it's too late or not but i have a part i made for another collab, it's short, but funny. i made it in school, so ill post the link tomorrow

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-10 17:52:06

oh and anyone who hasnt seen this should nao

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-11 01:35:42

holy shit, we fucking fail so hard.

Half the anims in this collab suck cock, and it's been like two weeks since the last couple anims were in and we still haven't gotten everything totally organized. And what with school starting, it just delays everything a whole lot more. (I know it seems like i'm really pissed off, but i'm not... just exaggerating :3)

Btw, i've gotten a lot better just since i made the 4 extremely shitty quality anims for this collab..
I've been at shiftlimits.com for some time now, and i seem to be getting better with them every day. Good trainers :P

Here is something i half-assed today: http://www.trportfolio.net/upload/view_u pload.php?id=632201&lb=n

Took half an hour, and it's in 24fps.....
and i need to make a part for the Walrus collab and then get back to work on one of my big projects................ and fucking school and the fact that i actually DO have a life outside the internet is making it a WHOLEEE LOOOOTTTT SLOOOWEERRR.... T^T^T^T^T^T^T^T^T

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-11 02:28:05

That looks awesome. Great job :D

BBS Signature

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-11 02:49:41

hey fafen can i make 1 more part pleeze!!!

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-11 06:11:13

At 9/9/08 08:12 AM, lpfann2 wrote:
At 9/9/08 08:11 AM, lpfann2 wrote: totally joining, i'll have part 3 this is kinda conveniant i started working on sorta a stick fight yesterday just cuz i was bored but now i could use this
sorry bout the double post but if you could pm me if im in or not?

I shouldn't say anything, but i'm assuming you're in. I Don't think we've rejected anybody in this collab yet :/
Talk to farfen about it. (but don't go visiting this thread every 5 minutes and pm'ing him and all that shit)
just wait for farfen to check back on the thread, he usually replies to everybody.

At 9/10/08 02:22 AM, Munz wrote: hey i can do a second part if u want...( if it is not in in time then submitt without)

..... you probably shouldn't, considering like 3 people just joined and the collab is already longer than out background song :S

At 9/10/08 07:14 AM, JKAmovies wrote: OK i did a part. Here is the FLA: http://www.filecram.com/viewfile/8383132 .htm

Heres the SWF: http://www.filecram.com/viewfile/5690000 .htm

I've never really done stick battles before so its not the best but I did what I did. Ohh yeah I didn't pic a part if 8 is not taken I'll take it. if it is I'll take 9?

Hope you like it.

It looked pretty ok, but the punches only really had like 2 frames of real animation... And they were extremely stiff ><

At 9/10/08 05:35 PM, SHOQ wrote: id rather cut it up can you tell me how to do that here.

"cut it up"
what exactly do you mean by that :S

At 9/11/08 02:49 AM, Munz wrote: hey fafen can i make 1 more part pleeze!!!

You could make one just in case, but if farfen says we are full, you just wasted your time...

At 9/11/08 02:28 AM, JKAmovies wrote: That looks awesome. Great job :D

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-11 06:15:14

lmao farfen, i finally figured out multiquotes on Newgrounds hahaha

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-11 16:52:45

You could make one just in case, but if farfen says we are full, you just wasted your time...

Ok never mind i just singed up for 2 more collabs

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-11 17:18:35

Hmm all of my other collab parts are done.... ill join again WITHOUT quitting...plz?

if i do quit you can slap me :D

aaa

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-11 22:26:54

we can't do shit until farfen gets back with the word, or at least until shoq updates us on the menu.

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-12 04:14:36

At 9/11/08 10:26 PM, zedd56 wrote: we can't do shit until farfen gets back with the word, or at least until shoq updates us on the menu.

agreed

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-12 06:38:23

Its funny that went we needed parts nobody show up, but know that we are close to releasing a couple of people decided to join lol. Oh well that's a collab for ya.

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-12 16:28:17

LOL
so damn FUCKING true.

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-12 18:51:36

Hi zedd :-) What? is there another stick showdown alredy on NG or summit??

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-12 18:53:07

im so sorry everyone i forgot to tell you that i had to goto a camp and i was gone for 4 days :'( forgive me ill respond to everything soon

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-12 18:59:19

farfen don't quit on us now this collab IS going to happen. If he doesnt come in two weeks im taking over. =^P jk, but seriously, i am cause i dont want this to end. :( i will collect all the parts if he never comes Lol.. well maybe not but STILL FARFEN WHERE ARE YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU ARE TOO COOL FOR THE INTERNET CAUSE YOU HAVE 1/8th OF A SOCIAL LIFE NOW!!! LOL JK!.

BBS Signature

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-12 21:45:20

At 9/12/08 06:59 PM, SHOQ wrote: farfen don't quit on us now this collab IS going to happen. If he doesnt come in two weeks im taking over. =^P jk, but seriously, i am cause i dont want this to end. :( i will collect all the parts if he never comes Lol.. well maybe not but STILL FARFEN WHERE ARE YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU ARE TOO COOL FOR THE INTERNET CAUSE YOU HAVE 1/8th OF A SOCIAL LIFE NOW!!! LOL JK!.

lol i never said the ssc3 was dead dumbass i had to goto camp for a few days and you guys freaked out because i forgot to warn u D:

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-12 22:18:11

oh zedd D: why does everyone improve faster than me at flash :'( one day your pretty good now your realy awesome and iv been animating for 3 years and you already improved faster than me!

i dont know why but i feel like a failure at flash -_- ill never be as good as terkoiz or miccool or jcamelo. im not fit for any collab like the comeback collab 2 and i never will be :'(

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-14 00:34:59

don't call me a fuckin dumbass its your fault for not telling anyone so call yourself a dumbass.

BBS Signature

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-14 02:13:55

At 9/12/08 10:18 PM, farfenwaffle wrote: oh zedd D: why does everyone improve faster than me at flash :'( one day your pretty good now your realy awesome and iv been animating for 3 years and you already improved faster than me!

i dont know why but i feel like a failure at flash -_- ill never be as good as terkoiz or miccool or jcamelo. im not fit for any collab like the comeback collab 2 and i never will be :'(

WHOA WHOA WHOA
Dude for the last 3 weeks, if i was on the computer, i was either at shiftlimits, newgrounds, or animating flash. (I wasn't on the computer 24/7, mind you, i have a social life :S)

Also, i've been animating since i first downloaded the flash mx tutorial back in '04. Yeah, it's been a while. I didn't get past 0.00001% of the skill i have now until 2 years later, when i actually decided to give a shit about flash. Which was good, because that way i could get better after i already read the tutorial and knew the basics. Also, i have a tablet, which makes it easier for me to animate. And finally, i probably could have made that kind of flash last year (that is, if i had my tablet back then), it's just that that was LITERALLY the ABSOLUTE FIRST TIME i actually put SOME EFFORT into ANY FLASH I'VE EVER MADE.

Whereas i used to play counter-strike, chat on msn, and do loads of other things. I set a goal for myself, and i achieved it. Simple as that. I used to own a clan in counter-strike, and they all looked up to me. But our server had a hardware failure (right at my house LOL), and we eventually died. I still keep in contact with the more loyal members, and they like to laugh at me because i suck ass at the game now. Why? Because i gave it up for flash.

Don't bash yourself, i used to be epic at cs, but now i suck because i wanted to be good in flash. Everybody's epic at something. If flash isn't your thing, then hell, drop it completely (BUT NOT UNTIL THE COLLAB IS FINISHED ASSHOLE), and use the time you saved by dropping flash to work at your best skill. Life is like a fucked up rpg game.... You can powerlvl in one skill/branch and you'll do great in at least one situation... Or you could go and up your stats equally and get fucked from all sides. All you have to do now, is choose your highest skill :/

Yeah, im deep :3

School is getting in the way of everything for me
sucks :C

Anyways, enough about failing at flash and camp
time to respond to teh msgs >:D

Oh and farfen... ur only 13. Dude, you've got time. I'm kinda fucked because in grade 11, school marks count towards university applications... And that basically means, now i'm not going to school to get to the next grade, i'm going to school to make my life :/

I swear this is going to sound supercliche, and i just brushed off all the 18+ year old influences i knew when i was 12 who told me to make the best of my youngness (cousins, uncles etc), but seriously now i knwo why. Man i sound exactly like what i hate myself. Fuck.

I feel like a douchebag for saying that, because it's such a huge contradiction. Blah ladjfalkdjslbadlksjtrfakl;wedjklgabvjdkl fgjakldjsklgfjkldgj kfhjbklwrjadklgr.

Oh well.

Goddammit this is getting a tad long, i'm gonna cut it off here.
Yey, Zedd56 :D

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-14 05:00:39

erm everyone,im so so so sorry about not warning you guys D: im going to have to skip the last few messages because they were all about where the fuck i was. so you all get one free post to insault me D: have fun and finish your parts were set to release sometime after madness day

heres what we need:
shoQ's menu
whoever joined needs to finish their parts soon
all people who were on the co author list MUST ACCEPT MY PORTAL BUDDIE INVANTATIONS OR ELSE THEY WILL NOT BE COED

if you are on this list you apply to the words above ^_^
1.shoQ
2.zedd56
3.watdis
4.ace0fredspaids
5.octoflash
6.dominican soldier
7.MEntertainment
8.arjunS
9.anveer

At 9/14/08 02:13 AM, zedd56 wrote: alot of stuff

wow, thanks man :) i realy took that in. thank you soooo much for that, your going to do fine in flash man its jsut a 2 year differance. infact flashwise we have alot in common :3

At 9/14/08 12:34 AM, SHOQ wrote: don't call me a fuckin dumbass its your fault for not telling anyone so call yourself a dumbass.

your right im sorry :3 i was a little stressed out because i forgot to tell you guys i was leaving D: im the dumbass. you all get one free post to insault me now

if anyone cares camp was realy fun :3

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-14 05:10:13

uare all realldy my buddey

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-14 05:11:07

At 9/14/08 05:10 AM, Anveer wrote: uare all realldy my buddey

i know that silly remember the stick boot collab?

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-15 16:09:49

bump!!!!!!!

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-15 17:38:15

hey, um, alex the cow sent me an email saying "farfen says u suk at animaeting".
what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-15 18:00:17

SCRAP, SCRAP!
lol j/k

it's probably bullshit.

Farfen <33333

And let's git thiz shit on the road already.

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-15 18:14:42

At 9/15/08 06:00 PM, zedd56 wrote: SCRAP, SCRAP!
lol j/k

it's probably bullshit.

Farfen <33333

lol i know alex is kinda weird :\

At 9/15/08 05:38 PM, KingKombat wrote: hey, um, alex the cow sent me an email saying "farfen says u suk at animaeting".
what the fuck is that supposed to mean?

??? what the fuck ??? lawl i never said that

At 9/15/08 04:09 PM, Munz wrote: bump!!!!!!!

oh thats so nice of u :3

Response to Stick Showdown Collab #3 2008-09-15 19:12:17

At 9/15/08 06:00 PM, zedd56 wrote: SCRAP, SCRAP!
lol j/k

it's probably bullshit.

Farfen <33333

Wait like a week or so.
<ZOMFG KINGKOMBAT HAS A PROJECT>