00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Beep Poop London Meet Iii

47,705 Views | 942 Replies

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-07 18:49:11

the expense isn't the problem. the fact that half the network seems to be shut making for a nightmare journey is.

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-07 18:56:07

At 8/7/08 06:49 PM, jonthomson wrote: the expense isn't the problem. the fact that half the network seems to be shut making for a nightmare journey is.

The Tubes in london or the rails leading to london? Cause' if it's the tubes that could fuck it up a bit.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-07 21:50:33

At 8/7/08 06:34 PM, Scuzzfest wrote: I only take like one train line to kings cross which is about 7 stops, Anyone else taking the line that goes past stevenage, Hitchin, Welywn Garden etc and evetually stopping at Kings Cross? Cause I could meet you there.

My group originates at Russell Square.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-07 22:14:45

At 8/7/08 06:56 PM, Scuzzfest wrote:
At 8/7/08 06:49 PM, jonthomson wrote: the expense isn't the problem. the fact that half the network seems to be shut making for a nightmare journey is.
The Tubes in london or the rails leading to london? Cause' if it's the tubes that could fuck it up a bit.

It's normally just stations, there's always a way round them.

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-07 22:38:24

At 8/7/08 04:42 PM, Cally wrote: Off topic,but got gh3 for wii in end. PM me and we'll swap friend codes :)

Uh... are we gonna play Guitar Hero at the meet-up?
If so, I REALLY need to pratice more. The only songs I can complete on Hard so far are Foo Fighters songs...

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-07 23:12:37

Coaches pown trains, even if they are both from national express - so much cheaper. I will be up at the eye considerably early, who else will be?

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-08 14:02:10

At 8/7/08 09:50 PM, Luis wrote: My group originates at Russell Square.

That's a tube station isn't it? Right near London Museum?
I think I have my route planned.

Kings cross 1 tube stop to Euston. Then 6 stops down to Waterloo.
If you're on Russel square to start you want 2 stops to leicster square then change and 3 stops down to waterloo.

Leicster square is where both those lines meet which would make an incredibely complex and awkward meet point.

Should be funny if god forbid that happend.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 14:38:31

At 8/6/08 11:35 AM, Luis wrote: I think tentatively, we were going to goto a tequila bar on the thursday before the meet and then to some gig in Camden on that friday

Are there any guesstimates of numbers for thu and fri?

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 14:55:27

At 8/9/08 02:38 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 8/6/08 11:35 AM, Luis wrote: I think tentatively, we were going to goto a tequila bar on the thursday before the meet and then to some gig in Camden on that friday
Are there any guesstimates of numbers for thu and fri?

well i know we'll have atleast 10 based on who all's staying with me but im thinking about 12-15 or so realistically... i will need to get a more accurate count for thursdays thing cause ill have to get a reservation in for it considering itll be more than 8 people.

No set plans yet on friday.. from what i've been told Camden is hit or miss ... we'd have to figure out whats going on on that date. we'll do something im just not sure what.. the thurs. thing is a sure bet so far.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 15:34:10

At 8/9/08 02:55 PM, Luis wrote: No set plans yet on friday.. from what i've been told Camden is hit or miss ... we'd have to figure out whats going on on that date. we'll do something im just not sure what.. the thurs. thing is a sure bet so far.

Since google doesn't seem to have an answer to my question, what is Camden (besides being a borough of London and all...) and what would we be doing there?

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 15:59:10

At 8/9/08 03:34 PM, AsthmaticHamster wrote: Since google doesn't seem to have an answer to my question, what is Camden (besides being a borough of London and all...) and what would we be doing there?

It's got a banging Market, which has lots of sort of indie/alt stalls. It's also a great place to get bootleg/rare CD's. It's also got a Barfly, The Underworld and The Electric Ballroom. If you like the rock & alt scene, Camden is the place to go.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 16:03:22

At 8/9/08 03:59 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: It's got a banging Market, which has lots of sort of indie/alt stalls. It's also a great place to get bootleg/rare CD's. It's also got a Barfly, The Underworld and The Electric Ballroom. If you like the rock & alt scene, Camden is the place to go.

Thanks!
This looks really interesting!

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 16:04:40

Sounds sooper exciting.

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 18:38:38

At 8/9/08 02:55 PM, Luis wrote: No set plans yet on friday.. from what i've been told Camden is hit or miss ... we'd have to figure out whats going on on that date. we'll do something im just not sure what.. the thurs. thing is a sure bet so far.

Well you've got the ridiculous detail gave you about the electric ballroom.
Have you got a flat like last year going on?

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 19:28:18

At 8/9/08 06:38 PM, Scuzzfest wrote:
Well you've got the ridiculous detail gave you about the electric ballroom.
Have you got a flat like last year going on?

i do but i aint renting two side by side flats like last time.. so space is at a premium this time id say...

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 19:32:34

At 8/9/08 07:28 PM, Luis wrote: i do but i aint renting two side by side flats like last time.. so space is at a premium this time id say...

I'd stop by but I'm sure you need all the space for you Americano's flying over.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 19:40:30

At 8/9/08 07:32 PM, Scuzzfest wrote:
At 8/9/08 07:28 PM, Luis wrote: i do but i aint renting two side by side flats like last time.. so space is at a premium this time id say...
I'd stop by but I'm sure you need all the space for you Americano's flying over.

you can stop by.. the stickam will be running the whole time... i was mainly getting at the fact that i didnt want people thinking they could stay at the flat.. i havent really got an idea of how much bigger or smaller this is than the flats i had in mayfair last time... i dont feel like cramming into a shoebox like sardines..

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 19:44:48

At 8/9/08 07:40 PM, Luis wrote: you can stop by.. the stickam will be running the whole time... i was mainly getting at the fact that i didnt want people thinking they could stay at the flat.. i havent really got an idea of how much bigger or smaller this is than the flats i had in mayfair last time... i dont feel like cramming into a shoebox like sardines..

Yeah I see your point, Hell It wouldn't of been my first night on a hard wooden floor, God forbid fucking cabins, And Mayfair last time, my monopoly knowledge tells me that would of been nice, where's the one you've rented this year?

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 19:55:57

No F*ckin' way. I think i can make it. I'll be on my way to London Euston that day.

jasimo. ART - dArt

XBL Gamertag - Ta Funk

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 20:26:21

At 8/9/08 07:44 PM, Scuzzfest wrote: Yeah I see your point, Hell It wouldn't of been my first night on a hard wooden floor, God forbid fucking cabins, And Mayfair last time, my monopoly knowledge tells me that would of been nice, where's the one you've rented this year?

not mayfair. :)

youll know soon enough..ill have my 'rubber phone' available like rubber-ninja did at some point..

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 20:30:23

At 8/9/08 08:26 PM, Luis wrote: not mayfair. :)

youll know soon enough..ill have my 'rubber phone' available like rubber-ninja did at some point..

Haha that's just to Classy eh? :P
Yeah I'd like to be about for more then the one day of the NG meet so not just Saturday, It would make it awkward though being under 18 and not being able to get into pubs n stuff, shame :(

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 20:44:26

Has any of saturday's schedule been set in stone yet other than the meeting time/place? ie where going/when/ehat doing there etc.? :) It would be a good idea to have at least a loose schedule laid down so we don't all show up, introduce ourselves then go "now what?"

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 20:47:49

At 8/9/08 08:44 PM, Cally wrote: Has any of saturday's schedule been set in stone yet other than the meeting time/place? ie where going/when/ehat doing there etc.? :) It would be a good idea to have at least a loose schedule laid down so we don't all show up, introduce ourselves then go "now what?"

So far all I've heard for certain is were going in the Namco arcade which is uber cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 21:21:33

At 8/9/08 08:44 PM, Cally wrote: Has any of saturday's schedule been set in stone yet other than the meeting time/place? ie where going/when/ehat doing there etc.? :) It would be a good idea to have at least a loose schedule laid down so we don't all show up, introduce ourselves then go "now what?"

Schedule is meet at 1pm if you are running late or there is nobody there when you arrive, then we are at Namco which is up the street. Go in.. walk down the stairs, look around. Its not a very large place so you should be able to find SOMEONE. If not then its cool to have someones cell phone available.... we should be over there for a good 3-4 hrs.. if you've not arrived by then, then you probably deserve to be out of the loop :P

the end

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 21:24:57

At 8/9/08 09:21 PM, Luis wrote:
Schedule is meet at 1pm if you are running late or there is nobody there when you arrive, then we are at Namco which is up the street. Go in.. walk down the stairs, look around. Its not a very large place so you should be able to find SOMEONE. If not then its cool to have someones cell phone available.... we should be over there for a good 3-4 hrs.. if you've not arrived by then, then you probably deserve to be out of the loop :P

the end

Nah, that's all cool. Was just wondering if anyone had gone past that point as to what to do after :) I'll be ready and waiting at the eye for 1pm, so its not that I'm planning on dropping in late or anything..

Part of Newgrounds furniture since 2000.Clicky, clicky.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 21:28:37

At 8/9/08 09:24 PM, Cally wrote: Nah, that's all cool. Was just wondering if anyone had gone past that point as to what to do after :) I'll be ready and waiting at the eye for 1pm, so its not that I'm planning on dropping in late or anything..

Beyond that is whatever the general consensus is... its never the same so you just gotta approach with an open mind i guess.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 21:29:13

At 4/13/08 01:43 AM, Senri wrote: Someone explain to me what your queen does except be an icon.

nothing she just will grow old and die
ever since the goverment took over completely there is no real need for monarchy
but she does have influence to a point

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-09 21:32:32

At 8/9/08 09:28 PM, Luis wrote:
At 8/9/08 09:24 PM, Cally wrote: Nah, that's all cool. Was just wondering if anyone had gone past that point as to what to do after :) I'll be ready and waiting at the eye for 1pm, so its not that I'm planning on dropping in late or anything..
Beyond that is whatever the general consensus is... its never the same so you just gotta approach with an open mind i guess.

I'll be sure to bring lot's of money to blow on Pool, House of the dead, Dodgems and Time Crisis then.

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-10 00:28:35

we should all meet at Craig's house

None

BBS Signature

Response to Beep Poop London Meet Iii 2008-08-10 18:52:12

At 8/10/08 12:28 AM, Luis wrote: we should all meet at Craig's house

I don't know...
I mean, do I really want the Cosby ghost of christmas past waxing his candle next to me?

Not before at least 5 pints I don't...