00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AidenGanzer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

354,626 Views | 5,147 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-08-27 15:58:41

At 8/23/19 04:41 PM, Absurd-Ditties wrote: @Jackho you played this yet?

Not yet, I might do 1-3 soon since the episodes go up on xbox game pass like a couple months after release. I've been going through my gaming backlog as a snail's pace though. Just picked up Nier Automata, still catching up on games from 2 years ago.

My favourite part of these games is always being set loose to explore the environment, examine stuff, chat with side characters and there's none of that here.

Shame. Being able to absorb an area at your own pace, as if time's stopped, is probably my favorite part of this genre if not of games in general, and LiS did it better than most. Season 1 episode 5 was acceptable as a climax but definitely the weakest of the five overall, and the least enjoyable on a replay.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-08-27 16:05:03

At 8/27/19 03:58 PM, Jackho wrote: Not yet, I might do 1-3 soon since the episodes go up on xbox game pass like a couple months after release. I've been going through my gaming backlog as a snail's pace though.

If you've not even started might as well wait for 5 to drop in December at this point.

Just picked up Nier Automata, still catching up on games from 2 years ago.

Aye, fucking drop everything else if it means you get to play more Nier Automata. Game of the generation. When a knock-off mini-game of Asteroids is making you choke back tears you know the game is doing something special.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-08-27 17:20:59

At 8/27/19 04:05 PM, Absurd-Ditties wrote: Aye, fucking drop everything else if it means you get to play more Nier Automata. Game of the generation.

Game of the YoRHa, going by the cover. I hadn't even taken off the shrink wrap but you've inspired me, got it updating now.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-08-28 14:08:05

At 8/27/19 05:20 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 8/27/19 04:05 PM, Absurd-Ditties wrote: Aye, fucking drop everything else if it means you get to play more Nier Automata. Game of the generation.
Game of the YoRHa, going by the cover. I hadn't even taken off the shrink wrap but you've inspired me, got it updating now.

Remember, when you hit the end credits, you will have successfully completed one half of the prologue of the game.

Do not be a video games journalist. It's not over until E.

BBS Signature

Played a bit of Pokemon Yellow for a little more than a hour and a halfusing some of the rules from the nuzclocke challenge

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-03 08:57:50

At 9/2/19 06:31 PM, argile wrote: Played a bit of Pokemon Yellow for a little more than a hour and a halfusing some of the rules from the nuzclocke challenge

Among that I also plan to switch it around with

Cave Story

Super Metroid

Xevious

Earthbound

Kirby's Adventure

Mario Bros.

Ecco The Dolphin

Resident Evil Revelations

Legend of the mystical Ninja

Super Hang-on

Luigi's Mansion

Megaman 3 Nes

Streets of Rage 2

Metroid

Mole Mania

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-03 09:45:22

Trying to get 100% completion on GTA: San andreas.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-04 17:37:57

I better start with a standard playthrough on Super Metroid before I try apply any game changing rules ,I really don't have any experiance with this franchise.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-05 10:42:24

At 9/3/19 09:45 AM, Cibuku wrote: Trying to get 100% completion on GTA: San andreas.

I am also trying to get 100% completion on GTA: San andreas.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-05 11:56:34

At 9/5/19 10:42 AM, Jamesmith404 wrote:
At 9/3/19 09:45 AM, Cibuku wrote: Trying to get 100% completion on GTA: San andreas.

you cool then

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-05 15:18:46

Started River City Girls tonight.

This is fantastic. Great artstyle, great music, and you can do a Frankensteiner.

My standard combo has been a couple of light attacks, serving them into the air like a volley ball, and then fucking dabbing on them as they come back down.

10/10.

iu_53295_1212002.gif

BBS Signature

At 9/5/19 11:56 AM, Cibuku wrote:
At 9/5/19 10:42 AM, Jamesmith404 wrote:
you cool then

Cool :)

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-07 15:06:54

At 9/5/19 03:18 PM, Absurd-Ditties wrote: Started River City Girls tonight.

Finished it. It's great all the way through. Wish it was a bit more balanced, once you've got all your moves every normal enemy encounter becomes a cakewalk, no enemy in the game has an answer for light combo into launcher into grounder (if you launched one) or aerial dash (if you launched multiple). The bosses, on the other hand, are punishingly difficult, mostly in fun ways, but some in frustrating ways (fuck you Abobo, that unblockable diving splash is bullshit).

Really good, wish it was a bit longer given the price.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-08 06:29:29

call of duty all day

Started Astral Chain.

Not feeling it yet. It's a Platinum game without a launcher or a Killer Bee, at least so far (I've been told you get a much expanded movelist later).

Also it doesn't mock me for playing shitty. It doesn't even grade you by default, you have to turn it on, and even then when I totally choked on an early boss by repeatedly hitting A to dodge instead of B it just gave me a D grade rather than playing a fart noise and calling me an idiot baby like their games normally do.

I'll stick with it, Wonderful 101 took a while to grow on me too, not everything can click instantly like Bayo or MGR.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-16 15:22:33

Super Mario Bros. on my NES Classic (Mini).

I don't think I've ever committed to playing it since the '90s (Early '90s when I had an original NES, and late '90s when I played it at a friend's house).

Usually I got stuck at the big double gap with the narrow ledge in the middle. Or the (first?) castle where you have to go in a certain order.

But I got farther than I ever did before, and beat the (normal) game due to having save states.

Will see what happens when I beat it in hard mode.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-17 17:24:32

At 9/16/19 03:22 PM, Painbringer wrote: Super Mario Bros. on my NES Classic (Mini).
But I got farther than I ever did before, and beat the (normal) game due to having save states.

Lame. Gotta beat it straight - no save states!

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-18 06:42:32

At 9/17/19 10:43 AM, NekoMika wrote: Higurashi series
Final Fantasy VIII - REMASTERED
Final Fantasy XIV
200% Orange Juice
World of Final Fantasy

Been curious about World of Final Fantasy, any good?

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-18 07:28:35

iu_55934_2939046.jpg

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-18 20:32:22

Persona 4 Golden. I liked Persona 5 enough to go out and buy a PS Vita just to play another Persona game. No regrets.

derp

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-19 11:49:49

Majora's Mask. A little harder than I remember but I'm doin' alright.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-19 15:50:20

Haven't really gotten into the mood to get back into Pokemon Yellow ,yet... Mainly I've just been dabbling a bit in different nes games on my computer

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-19 22:21:28

At 9/18/19 11:38 PM, NekoMika wrote:
At 9/18/19 06:42 AM, Omega88x wrote:
At 9/17/19 10:43 AM, NekoMika wrote: Higurashi series
Final Fantasy VIII - REMASTERED
Final Fantasy XIV
200% Orange Juice
World of Final Fantasy
Been curious about World of Final Fantasy, any good?
I find it enjoyable, it's a chibi style crossover of multiple Final Fantasy games with a couple of other game series tossed in as easter eggs.

Been on the fence with this one for awhile, but this will probably get me to finally get the game, after I played Borderlands 3 to death first

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-20 17:36:31

Taking a break from Astral Chain and the third route in Three Houses to be a horrible goose in Untitled Goose Game.

Good so far. Hear it's very short, which is probably right for something like this as I can see the novelty wearing off.

BBS Signature

Playing WindWaker on a flippin' Atom based laptop/tablet!

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-21 05:56:43

im gonna fuckin cry

speedrunning minecraft is so hard D:

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-21 09:18:36

At 9/20/19 05:36 PM, Absurd-Ditties wrote: Hear it's very short, which is probably right for something like this as I can see the novelty wearing off.

Could have done with being a touch longer. Finished it, and the bonus objectives you get after doing so, in about 3 hours. There are only 4 areas, as the 5th set of objectives has you doing stuff across all 4 previous ones instead, and it really feels like it could have done with one or two more zones.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-21 17:12:17

Got Castle Crashers Remastered on Switch. Man, this game is making me feel very nostalgic for my early years on Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-22 02:50:44

After 7 hours I've manged too complete a playthrough of 1942 for the Nes without using the A button and only using the B botton on the Boss Battles... Now If only I could play this game without using any continues...

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2019-09-22 12:41:51

I ran through Sayonara Wild Hearts, which was great, tons of creativity and constantly varies up the gameplay in interesting ways.

It's very short (about an hour long) so know that going in, but it's the perfect length for what it is. They're advertising it as basically a pop album turned into a video game, and that's how it feels, it's something you're meant to run through in one sitting. Really good.

I think I'm going to shelve Astral Chain for now because all playing it is doing is making me want to replay The Wonderful 101 instead, so I'll scratch that itch first then come back to Astral Chain somewhere down the line. The combat is great but everything else just gets in the way, and I really don't like the aesthetic which is a shame because Platinum games usually have fantastic art direction.

BBS Signature