00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Basalspider just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Beautiful Katamari

1,185 Views | 21 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 22:37:21

(Link if you don't know what it is)

It's one of the most fucked-up games I've ever played. It makes no sense, and makes me believe that it's Japanese developers were on drugs when they made it...

...but at the same time, it's surprisingly addictive. Such a simple concept: roll a ball, collect things, end up making celestial bodies. But it's challenging too. Time limits, minimum sizes, object hunts...

Anyone else play this game, or any of the other Katamari games?

Beautiful Katamari

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 22:40:28

Myself and Seamonkey both play this. He is much better than me since he has had it since US release and i have had it for 2 days.

I suck at Beautiful Katamari.

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 22:42:20

At 3/20/08 10:40 PM, Psycho-Simple wrote: Myself and Seamonkey both play this. He is much better than me since he has had it since US release and i have had it for 2 days.

Well, I'm quite sexy in Beautiful Katamari if I say so myself. I have gotten in over 20 top ten leader boards and I'm ranking #3 all time online. Trying to get in first. Also, I'm trying to stay away from shooting games just because it's repetitive. :/

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 22:45:07

Tom just got this game, 360 version, for my son for his 5th birthday. :) I have played it a few times. It's pretty cool, but I think I got some motion sickness or something from that thing spinning around on my TV. I had to take a break. :)

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 22:47:08

At 3/20/08 10:45 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Tom just got this game, 360 version, for my son for his 5th birthday. :)

My 6 year old daughter like to play it. She isn't very good, but it shuts her up quite nicely.

I'm constantly in awe at how when I keep messing up several times in a row, I'll actually become frustrated, as I know it's such a simple premise for a game.

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 22:47:18

At 3/20/08 10:45 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Tom just got this game, 360 version, for my son for his 5th birthday. :) I have played it a few times. It's pretty cool, but I think I got some motion sickness or something from that thing spinning around on my TV. I had to take a break. :)

Hmm? But someone who plays alot of fps must be used to that right?

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 23:10:26

At 3/20/08 10:45 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Tom just got this game, 360 version, for my son for his 5th birthday. :) I have played it a few times. It's pretty cool, but I think I got some motion sickness or something from that thing spinning around on my TV. I had to take a break. :)

The game is an addicting drug on your TV screen. Maybe that's why you felt funny when you stared at the rolling ball for too long. Hahaha! I never take breaks in that game. Hahaha!

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 23:11:37

Can you get a Katamari game for the Wii?

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 23:11:37

I haven't gotten it, tell me, how good is it?

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 23:13:29

The Katamari games have been just ok for me. There is nothing special about them but they are fun for a while. Nothing addicting about them in my opinion. Great for a 5 year old though.

"Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete."

Don't bother using the bible as an argument.

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 23:14:03

yeah, ive played it. the katamari spawns nicotine that shoots out of your television screen and into your system. simple concept.

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 23:14:45

At 3/20/08 11:11 PM, Cericon wrote: I haven't gotten it, tell me, how good is it?

Pretty good. It's gotten some good reviews. I can't remember for the life of me how much I paid for it, but my wife saw it and said "get it or I divorce you" (or something like that).

It's addicting.

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 23:15:07

At 3/20/08 11:11 PM, Chumbawamba wrote: Can you get a Katamari game for the Wii?

Rumors have been going around but It wasn't been exactly said. I can say a maybe though.

I haven't gotten it, tell me, how good is it?

If you wanna get away from shooter and if you wanna have a good time rolling up a ball in a peaceful game, this game is for you. Check out the trailers on IGN or some other website.

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 23:16:34

I love this series.
I have the first and the opening is the BEST.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 23:18:39

I like Katamari. The pure innocence and silliness of it is what draws me in. The last Katarmari I played was "We Love Katamari Damacy" I think it was the second one (If there was one).

It was fun, I loved being able to choose cousins and whatnot. My favorite cousin was the one who was always sick and wrapped in bandages.

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 23:22:34

Meh, Beautiful Katamari was sort of hard. To tell you the truth, I prefer We Love Katamari. It was pretty much the best balanced Katamari game, and had lots of replay value. Beautiful Katamari just got annoying after a while.

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 23:22:36

At 3/20/08 11:16 PM, Jezuz wrote: The demo was fun, but I wasn't really willing to get a job to pay for it.

It's a cheap game, in price wise.

I have the first and the opening is the BEST.

If you have ever played We love Katamari for the PS2, the storyline there was touching. That showed how the King and Queen got together. :D

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-20 23:56:29

At 3/20/08 11:53 PM, ShirtTurtle wrote:
At 3/20/08 11:22 PM, Seamonky wrote: If you have ever played We love Katamari for the PS2, the storyline there was touching. That showed how the King and Queen got together. :D
The cut-scenes in that game are the best.

That's what made We Love Katamari the best game in the series. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2008-03-21 00:33:03

Katamari Damacy was completely freakin' weird. Rolling up people and stuff into stars is the craziest idea for a game in a long time. Those crazy japanese, what will they think up next?

:U

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2009-02-14 09:59:26

I am such a huge fan of the Katamari series, regardless of how rediculous they are. The point is they're FUN, and the music is pretty freakin awesome to. I'd have to say 'We Love Katamari' is my favorite. 'Beautiful Katamari' Is 10,000x harder then every other one so I don't really enjoy it... can't wait for the next katamari game on ps3!!! I don't know the name of it yet but I saw interviews.

Beautiful Katamari

Check out my solo project!

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2009-02-14 12:01:43

I love the Katamari series and find it to be one of the best game series out there. While Beautiful Katamari is nice the missions weren't as farfetched as they were in the prequels Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari. While the game is a fun addition to the series, I felt like it could've had a little big more variety, especially in the King's dialogue (need to play the first two games to understand). The music in the games is wonderful and awesome to listen too, and sing along too if you want. I cannot wait until the creator finishes with his newest project, Noby Noby Boy. That game looks more bizarre than Katamari!

BBS Signature

Response to Beautiful Katamari 2009-02-14 12:28:06

Nice revive.

But anyway since this is almost a year old I might wanna point out that the OP is retarded and contradicted himself.

He wrote - The game has makes no sense. It has no purpose.

Then he wrote - You roll up in a ball and make celestial bodies.

Logical.

BBS Signature