00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Music On Fl Studio?

17,571 Views | 18 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-02-20 06:52:05

I'm having trouble in making metal music in FL... Anyone have any suggestions?
I only have the tools in the demo version though.

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-02-20 11:07:00

Just record your guitar using a free program (like Goldwave or Audacity).
Then exprt them files into your Fruity Loops folder, and then put them into FL. Synch, mix, EQ, etc.
Then program the drums in time, you can get some decent metal drums by using google, I forget the website where I found mine.

Record your vocals with Audacity or Goldwave aswell, put it into FL the same way as your guitar tracks.

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-02-21 03:08:16

At 2/20/08 11:07 AM, Ambimetric wrote: Just record your guitar using a free program (like Goldwave or Audacity).
Record your vocals with Audacity or Goldwave aswell, put it into FL the same way as your guitar tracks.

I don't have a guitar and I can't sing metal for shit. So, thanks anyways.

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-02-21 04:19:53

Try shooting jrayteam6. He's usually up for helping guys get synth guitars to sound decent. That should really help with making metal in FL.

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-02-21 06:32:38

Well, I won't advertise here, and I'm by no means the most experienced when it comes to metal, but if you have Msn or something, you can add me. My email is mataroelyk@msn.com

I'll help out however I can. I've personally done a lot with synth guitars and the like, so I should be able to help out quite a bit. Just let me know. :3

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-02-21 07:58:52

Oh synth guitar..

I just died a little inside. :(

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-02-21 08:03:46

At 2/21/08 07:58 AM, Ambimetric wrote: Oh synth guitar..

I'm getting a real guitar soon.. But I know what you mean. Well. Used properly, a synth guitar can really give some effects a real guitar can't. You have a lot more fidelity with synths, so long as you know what you're doing. But a real guitar has a lot more life to it, typically. Either way, I'll probably find myself using a mixture of the two. :x

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-02-23 15:43:14

At 2/20/08 06:52 AM, Xmanne wrote: I'm having trouble in making metal music in FL... Anyone have any suggestions?
I only have the tools in the demo version though.

use real guitar. i make alot of industrial with FL. the thing is to get other drum and synth samples from other sites like KVRaudio or google it. but for metal yeah, real guitar makes a whole lot of difference.

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-02-23 16:22:57

At 2/21/08 07:58 AM, Ambimetric wrote: Oh synth guitar..

Check out this thread - http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/8321 25

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-02-23 23:37:01

I have a pretty good technique at making farely realistic sounding guitars in FL Studio.

Although I use vst plugins that cost a lot of money to do so but they ARE "acquirable" through other means if you catch my drift :P

I use a vst plugin called Colossus that has electric guitar patches and i use another plugin by native instruments called "Guitar Rig" that i overlay onto the electric guitar patch to simulate the guitar being playing through an amp.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 26103 Here's an example of what I mean. This is a song I made entirely in FL Studio using that technique

And for realistic drums..i think i speak for a lot of people when i say "toontrack drumkit from hell" is the way to go ;)

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-02-24 01:18:02

At 2/23/08 11:37 PM, Shadrock wrote: I have a pretty good technique at making farely realistic sounding guitars in FL Studio.

You make me sad

Listen to some stuff Xenogenocide and tell me if you can compete

WUML Lowell 91.5 FM - Real Underground Radio

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-02-24 01:22:06

Use a soundfont and it will sound like ass.

Use anything else and it will sounds worse than ass.

User Slayer VST and it will sound like everyone throwing up and dieing.

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-08-31 18:12:18

At 2/24/08 01:22 AM, PixlCrushr wrote: Use a soundfont and it will sound like ass.

Use anything else and it will sounds worse than ass.

User Slayer VST and it will sound like everyone throwing up and dieing.

I like how no one knows what they are talking about.

-Use RealGuitar for Acoustics.
-Use Virtual Guitar VST if you don't use FL Studio with an amp like Guitar Rig or Amplitube for an ok guitar, sounds not too bad.
-Use SLAYER 2 VST with FL Studio with Guitar Rig for very realistic and very heavy metal like strumming, in the piano roll make sure the Velocity bars on each note is turned down, and the "damp" knob is pretty close to all the way up. Slayer 2 doesn't have realistic string sounds, plucking, etc. so use it only for this or background guitar solos that aren't the focus of the song.
-Use Ministry of Rock if you have all that money and space on your Hard Drive, nothing can compete with this now. You might not even need Amplitube or Guitar Rig with it.
-Try out RealStrat as well and of course with Amplitube or Guitar Rig.

Also if you choose to use FL Studio, use Guitar Rig as Amplitube crashes it sometimes.

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-09-01 02:03:43

Hating4AM and I are days away from releasing FYRG2 which has the latest and greatest synth guitars that I think exist right now for a hot and heavy sound. The biggest and easiest thing you can do right now is layer the hell out of slayer, set them to strumm, throw stereo wideners on them and pan them out. Run then through a couple of Guitar Rig channels and eQ the heat into them. I can give you a better explanation if you PM me.

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-09-01 12:28:19

yea download the torrent version sooo musch less probs

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-09-01 13:22:09

At 9/1/08 05:34 AM, Alchemist94 wrote: If you use FL Slayer I will hunt you down and pound you with surprise buttsecks.

Seconded.

That thing is such a piece of shit.

EP2 out now! Download it for free :).

soundcloud | newgrounds

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-09-01 21:47:55

I can play guitar.

but I do charge.

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-09-01 22:07:10

At 9/1/08 01:22 PM, sculpted-cold wrote:
At 9/1/08 05:34 AM, Alchemist94 wrote: If you use FL Slayer I will hunt you down and pound you with surprise buttsecks.
Seconded.

That thing is such a piece of shit.

Mehh....jrayteam and hating4am

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Music On Fl Studio? 2008-09-10 20:35:35

At 2/24/08 01:18 AM, InsaneSmilie wrote:
At 2/23/08 11:37 PM, Shadrock wrote: I have a pretty good technique at making farely realistic sounding guitars in FL Studio.
You make me sad

Listen to some stuff Xenogenocide and tell me if you can compete

You act like I prefer my technique over the real thing or something lol. I only do it this way because I suck at playing the guitar.