00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

drawingdudelen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

tablet help 2008-02-17 17:14:43

I'm using wacom fun bamboo and the problem is my my pen moves the curser on the pc even though its not even touching the pad.So this is getting in the way of drawing on flash for me.Idk how to fix this or change the setting for it if there is one so the pen has to touch the pad istead of hovering over it to move the curser.Trying to get started on my flash project for my senior graphics class.Couldnt find any help in previous tablet topics if anyone is wondering why I made a new one.

Response to tablet help 2008-02-17 17:39:25

errr, I dunno what to say... that's how a tablet works. You hover over with the pen to move the mouse, but when you press down on the pad, it's like you're moving the mouse while the clicker is clicked, thus allowing you to draw... using a tablet can be kind of hard, but keep practicing and you'll get it ;P

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to tablet help 2008-02-18 00:44:26

At 2/17/08 05:39 PM, BlueHippo wrote: errr, I dunno what to say... that's how a tablet works. You hover over with the pen to move the mouse, but when you press down on the pad, it's like you're moving the mouse while the clicker is clicked, thus allowing you to draw... using a tablet can be kind of hard, but keep practicing and you'll get it ;P

Yeah, I was gonna say, too.... "dude... that's how it works. It just is."

I didn't actually know that until December, when I got my gf a Wacom Bamboo for Christmas, and I tried it some after she used it the first time for many many hours.

"whooooaaa, hovery "literal placement" tablet pen funs!"

As opposed to solid, "relative position placement" mice... such a difference, takes a lot of brain-warping to adjust back and forth between the two, IMO. Good mental exercise.

I wonder if there is a way to tell the tablet not to detect hovering, though. Then you'd probably have to press one of the buttons on the pen to "click/drag," though.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature